Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrifying climate change warning: 12 years until we’re doomed

https://nypost.com/2018/10/08/terrif...re-doomed/amp/

Earth is on track to face devastating consequences of climate change — extreme drought, food shortages and deadly flooding — unless there’s an “unprecedented” effort to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 2030, a new United Nations report warns.
    Easy solution: have everyone turn on the AC in their house and open their doors for 30 seconds a day to allow the cool air to escape. Boom. Polar bears saved. Global warming averted. Stupid scientists.

I try the best I can... I leave open the refridgerator door and get up early every morning to start the car engine for an hour or two... that should help to bring balance to Gaia, as it counteracts both global warming and freezing!

However, I fell that the most important thing you can do is to "like" Twitter posts by people who actually do something about the situation

Comment

Get rid of 5bn people somehow - tell the Chinese polar bear meat is good for them - just how many of these delegates flew in on this junket?

Only 5 minutes to save the earth we have been hearing for the last 30 years - I am more worried about that big yellow thing in the sky going into a solar minimum phase

Jolly hockey sticks anyone

Comment

bullsheet 10 chars

Comment

Originally posted by Cherno View Post
          I try the best I can... I leave open the refridgerator door and get up early every morning to start the car engine for an hour or two... that should help to bring balance to Gaia, as it counteracts both global warming and freezing!

However, I fell that the most important thing you can do is to "like" Twitter posts by people who actually do something about the situation
          Not every hero wears a cape.

Comment

As a frenchie I have nothing else than ‘Après moi le déluge’ to contribute to this thread.

Google what it means if you want.

Comment

Wouldn't a solution be: less humans?

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                As a frenchie I have nothing else than ‘Après moi le déluge’ to contribute to this thread.

Google what it means if you want.
                up to your neck in it

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan le Fou View Post
                  yup about 5bn would be handy - I am writing an i-phone app to make a start

population expected to rise by another 2bn by 2050.............

Comment

We once had a commentator stating that if it wasn’t for Gengis Khan, and various other worlds tyrants in History; we’d have been 10b already. Nevermind birth control and so forth.

I’m sure we have an impact on climate change, I just believe it’s vastly exaggerated.

Comment

10 cm sea level rise

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                        We once had a commentator stating that if it wasn’t for Gengis Khan, and various other worlds tyrants in History; we’d have been 10b already. Nevermind birth control and so forth.

I’m sure we have an impact on climate change, I just believe it’s vastly exaggerated.
                        That was me!

"You know the person who had the greatest positive impact on the environment of this planet? Genghis Khan, because he massacred 40 million people. There was no one to farm the land, forests grew back, carbon was dragged out of the atmosphere. And had this monster not existed, there'd be another billion of us today, jostling for space on this dying planet.
                        According to a study by the Carnegie Institution for Science's Department of Global Energy, the destruction under Genghis Khan may have scrubbed as much as 700 million tonnes of carbon from the atmosphere"

It was a quote from a Tv show Utopia , the plot: some elite secret group plan to cull global population by sterilizes the masses and prevent global warming.
                        I think the sterilization vector has thru the food supply if IIRC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wgVUG6HSUQ

Comment

Ghost of Algore, inventor of Internet and smartest man ever born....... Must be Halloween coming up...

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan le Fou View Post
                            Worse than Hitler.

Less humans consuming less. That's dangerous talk.

There is plenty of resources on a finite planet.

Comment

Of course we'll be doomed. Like all the times we were "doomed" before. For fuck's sake, if they don't realize how counterproductive their histrionics are they do not deserve to be taken seriously.

Comment

Working...
                              X