Why the Police in the UK are losing the support of the people

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the Police in the UK are losing the support of the people

Example 1 - Police do rock all A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: "All information was reviewed and it was decided that there was insufficient information to proceed with an investigation.
    "The alleged victim has been made aware. There were no arrests in this case."

Example 2 - handbags at 20 paces - Police all over it like a rash
    Police contacted Graham Linehan following a row with a trans women on social media.

Comment

When you have a Police force who is more interested in speeding and online spats rather than real crime then they lose the right to Police

Comment

Austerity, less boots on the ground. I hate to be fined for speeding a tad bit but i know the police dont sign up for shit like that.

Nothing else to blame but poor budget and management.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
          Austerity, less boots on the ground. I hate to be fined for speeding a tad bit but i know the police dont sign up for shit like that.

Nothing else to blame but poor budget and management.
          have the budget to send plod round to see an award winning writer?? But not the budget to go round an feel the collar of the guy who nicked the bike, who will steal again

Priorities and budget - get off twatter and get on the job you are paid for catching Criminals

Comment

Originally posted by blackcatnursery View Post

have the budget to send plod round to see an award winning writer?? But not the budget to go round an feel the collar of the guy who nicked the bike, who will steal again

Priorities and budget - get off twatter and get on the job you are paid for catching Criminals
            Agreed. No argument.

Comment

"Stop! Or else we will have to tell you to stop again!"

Comment

comments make good reading
                Sir Craig Mackey, now Deputy Commissioner of Scotland Yard, stayed in his car as Khalid Masood murdered an unarmed officer

Comment

Not really isolated to the UK. That sentiment is rife through Australia.

Comment

One of my best mates is a Detective. Working oragnised crime now, but used to be a plainclothes investigator and before that was Uniform.

He refers to it as "catch and release". He said if he arrested person A now for say drugs, he said he would arrest him again, and again, and again as they keep getting chances.

In North Queensland where he used to be based, highway patrol held the drug tests, he said he would often have to let drug drivers go as highway patrol would not come out and do a test. He also said people evading police got worse and worse after they banned pursuits, he said it gave offenders the option to run knowing they would not be chased. The official line is that they catch them via DNA etc, but they don't.

I also have a friend who is a judge, and good guy, but as he says, you have to follow the law with offenders.

My point(s)
                    1. Police are hampered by the service in which they work
                    2. Magistrates are seen as soft, and sometimes are.
                    3. Even the police are annoyed at what is occuring, not just the public.

Comment

A mate is a rozza in Melbourne, they're getting pressured to make traffic stops on the way to jobs, to keep their KPIs up. Which just adds to his own paperwork burden, something he's not overly keen on doing.
                      He quite often rants about the magistrates, reckons they're always up for a sob story to get a defendant off/reduced sentencing.

Comment

Working...
                      X