Head of Interpol missing in China

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head of Interpol missing in China

France has opened an investigation into the disappearance of Meng Hongwei, the Chinese head of the international police agency Interpol. His family have not heard from him since he left Interpol HQ in the French city of Lyon for a trip back to China a week ago, police sources say.
    "He did not disappear in France," a source close to the inquiry told AFP.
    The South China Morning Post quoted a source as saying Mr Meng, 64, was "taken away" for questioning in China.
    The Hong Kong-based newspaper added that it was not clear why he was being investigated by "discipline authorities" or where he was being held.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45761466

S possibly taken away by Chinese authorities, how the hell does that happen?
    Last edited by digrar; 05-10-2018, 03:59 PM.

Enigmatic and intriguing...

Comment

Originally posted by Sniffit View Post

S possibly taken away by Chinese authorities, how the hell does that happen?
      read this earlier - very odd - makes me wonder what he was doing in China?

Comment

Originally posted by blackcatnursery View Post

read this earlier - very odd - makes me wonder what he was doing in China?

Well he is Chinese...

Comment

Originally posted by Sniffit View Post

Well he is Chinese...
          good reason for avoiding the place

Comment

Originally posted by blackcatnursery View Post

good reason for avoiding the place

Well, again, reality is very different, hence the West is so frustrated. World's 2nd busiest airport is in China, or three of world's ten busiest airports are in China: https://www.nationalgeographic.com.a...the-world.aspx

So busy that it will no longer be able to handle all the traffic, hence a 2nd airport is almost finished:

It will be world's largest airport for some time, and then it will become world's 2nd largest...
            Last edited by pla; 05-10-2018, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Congrats on your airport. Any thoughts on the missing official?

Comment

Originally posted by Devil Child View Post
                Congrats on your airport. Any thoughts on the missing official?
                No comments as I know nothing about this. I wish him good luck. If he did anything harmful to China, then only God can help him. Well, then the commies don't believe in God, so....

Comment

Originally posted by pla View Post

No comments as I know nothing about this. I wish him good luck. If he did anything harmful to China, then only God can help him. Well, then the commies don't believe in God, so....
                  ...you’re saying he’s lost in the airport?

I wonder what happens if you search for or post something about Meng Hongwei in China?

Does it just drop your social score?

Or does something more serious happen like losing your job at the Rubber Dogsh!t factory or get an offender turned into Soylent Green?

Comment

It's a shame that China spends billions upon billions investing in new construction while the existing stuff rots away or is unused.

China does not have the mentality of maintenance. From bicycles, cars to buildings.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgor View Post
                      It's a shame that China spends billions upon billions investing in new construction while the existing stuff rots away or is unused.

China does not have the mentality of maintenance. From bicycles, cars to buildings.
                      You ever been to the Beijng airport? The 2nd busiest airport in the world. Tell us how it is unused? Sure, we don't maintain things. Our highspeed rail is running just fine. Much safer than the American ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Flagg View Post

...you’re saying he’s lost in the airport?

I wonder what happens if you search for or post something about Meng Hongwei in China?

Does it just drop your social score?

Or does something more serious happen like losing your job at the Rubber Dogsh!t factory or get an offender turned into Soylent Green?
                        You mean the guy who was shown on Chinese national TV? That guy? Why do I even need to search who he is? Do I automatically lose my "social score", which is another made up Western myth, whenever I travel outside China and see the "truth telling" Western media.

Comment

Originally posted by pla View Post

You ever been to the Beijing airport? The 2nd busiest airport in the world. Tell us how it is unused? Sure, we don't maintain things. Our highspeed rail is running just fine. Much safer than the American ones.
                          I'm in Qingdao, lican at the moment. So don't try the outsider knows nothing line.

I will give you two examples here. The bridges to the south and the Amazon aws centre here.

And yes, I've been twice to Bejing international. Not all infrastructure is unused/underutilized, but a hell of a lot is.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgor View Post

I'm in Qingdao, lican at the moment. So don't try the outsider knows nothing line.

I will give you two examples here. The bridges to the south and the Amazon aws centre here.

And yes, I've been twice to Bejing international. Not all infrastructure is unused/underutilized, but a hell of a lot is.
                            What is "a hell of a lot?" Is there some kind of number attached to that? I used Beijing airport to demonstrate that more and more people are coming to China. So how did you go from Beijng's need for a bigger airport to what you said above?

Comment

You have difficulty remaining on topic. I recommend starting a new thread if you wish to sing the praises of Chinese infrastructure.

The Latest: Interpol aware officer is reported held in China

An Interpol spokesman says the international law enforcement agency is aware of the Post’s story, but would not comment on it or say if Chinese authorities had detained the 64-year-old Meng.

snip...

The Central Commission for Discipline Inspection, the Communist Party’s secretive internal investigation agency, had no announcements on its website about Meng and could not be reached for comment.
                              https://apnews.com/6d7e3f77587446aab6c27146353f47ef

Comment

Working...
                              X