No announcement yet.

NATO official threatens Russia with preemptive military attack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But the thing is in the 70s and 80s the anti-war movement was oftenly suppotrted and ideologically led from the left.

I don't think this will happen again. The leftist retardation which is exploited by foreign powers only goes so far in convincing to belive one sided arguments.

I grew up around the Pershings and my parents friend circle included high ranking NATO officers (now old and retired so nothing for you FSB/MSS ).

They were totally devoted to what they did.

And if you had infos the average protester didn't have or believe in, like orchestrations of demos by Stasi or HVA it suddenly appeared in a whole

different light.

I recommend this series for cold war romanticism.

Deutschland 83

Last edited by picanha; 09-10-2018, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by picanha View Post
      But the thing is in the 70s and 80s the anti-war movement was oftenly suppotrted and ideologically led from the left.

I don't think this will happen again. The leftist retardation which is exploited by foreign powers only goes so far in convincing to belive one sided arguments.
      I don't think it will happen so quickly, people nowadays are more docile and as you said USSR propaganda is now non-existent. The last great anti-war parade was in London to protest the Iraq war in 2003. It achieved absolutely nothing and by the time the next intervention rolled around people had become apathetic.

However the opposition to the Vietnam war in the US for example, was completely grassroots. I won't put it out of question that should another situation arise that frightens people or causes them to fear for their safety, that the anti-nuclear movement and anti-NATO sentiment in Europe could be revitalized - basing nukes on European territory without the tangible threat of an invasion from Russia could do that.

Comment

Working...
      X