Leftists Target Bookstore Owner Who Called Cops on Anti Trump Agitator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leftists Target Bookstore Owner Who Called Cops on Anti Trump Agitator

Some Democrats are acting like rabid dogs, foaming at the mouth, imho!

Leftists Target Bookstore Owner Who Called Cops on Anti Trump Agitator

https://www.toddstarnes.com/politics...rump-agitator/
    Former White House staffer Steve Bannon was accosted Saturday by a screaming leftist inside a Richmond, Virginia bookstore.
    “Piece of trash,” the unidentified woman yelled.
    Nick Cooke, the owner of Black Swan Books, told the Richmond Times-Dispatch that he called the police after the woman refused to leave.
    “Steve Bannon was simply standing, looking at books, minding his own business. I asked her to leave, and she wouldn’t. And I said, ‘I’m going to call the police if you don’t,’ and I went to call the police and she left,” Cooke told the newspaper. “And that’s the end of the story.”

The woman was apparently following the mandate issued by Washington Post columnist Jennifer Rubin and Rep. Maxine Waters — to target Trump supporters at grocery stores, gas stations, shopping malls and apparently book shops.

“We are a bookshop. Bookshops are all about ideas and tolerating different opinions and not about verbally assaulting somebody, which is what was happening,” Cooke told the Times-Dispatch.
    Mr. Cooke’s valiant attempt at civility was met with a deluge of hate from leftists — including Philippe Reines, a former adviser to Hillary Clinton. Reines posted the address and telephone number of the book shop. He denied he was encouraging his followers to cause any harm.
    “I’m providing a service to the public by providing the contact information the bookstore posted on their website – presumably with the hope of being contacted,” Reines wrote on Twitter. “I presented facts [without] encouraging any behavior.”

Wow... The idiocy is getting terribly problematic.

Good reaction from the bookstore owner, this is what a sane and mature reaction. That lady's got serious issues.

The woman was apparently following the mandate issued by Washington Post columnist Jennifer Rubin and Rep. Maxine Waters — to target Trump supporters at grocery stores, gas stations, shopping malls and apparently book shops.
    That's bordering intimidation and in no way freedom of speech.Or outright stalking, which is a form of harassement, which is forbidden.

Steve Bannon is a putrid POS and I dislike him greatly, but as any other citizen, his freedom cannot be put in jeopardy just because one doesn't like him and his opinions...

Reines posted the address and telephone number of the book shop. He denied he was encouraging his followers to cause any harm.
    That's hysterical and damaging. What a piece of hypocrite shit.

Democrates and Republicans are forgetting the way politics in a democracy or in a republic works, and threats, shaming and calling for harrassement today, maybe open violence tomorrow.

Both sides are playing with fire, and the people like that store owner that still remember the importance of civility and respect in political debates and simple decency are paying for all the numbheads that can't control their rabid impulses.

Comment

Though both sides are playing with fire, I have yet to see Republicans (be them politics and private citizens alike) do the same.

Anyway, barely surprised that kind of thing happened. Again, for the n-th time.

Yeah, yeah, I know, I remember that group of guys with tiki torches...

Comment

Working...
      X