Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump, Kim Jong Un sign agreement after historic summit.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by riderboy View Post

According to the left, as voiced by Jake Tapper at CNN and posters here, the summit was a huge mistake made by an idiot President, because Rocketman wins!!! All I can say is Thank God the "professionals" who have fucked this up for decades were NOT in power.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/39...ldnt-have-done
    Yet Tapper and the left had no problems giving Mao, Fidel, Breshnev (et al) such prestige and they were all dictators.

Honestly I think its the chapped ass effect. right now the left's collective ass is like a mandrills because Bill Clinton and their last Messiah the golden child could not get such a meeting (aka It should have been Hillary at this meeting)

Comment

I've no idea if it was written anywhere or not - but it certainly didn't happen.

Yep, Tricky Dicky met Mao - and that certainly improved Sino-US reltaions and undermined Sino-Russian ones. Let's hope there's a parallel here, although looking from my side of the pond impeachment or resignation seems to be more likely than a new era in foreign relations though personally I'd prefer the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by Linedoggie View Post
        Yet Tapper and the left had no problems giving Mao, Fidel, Breshnev (et al) such prestige and they were all dictators.

Honestly I think its the chapped ass effect. right now the left's collective ass is like a mandrills because Bill Clinton and their last Messiah the golden child could not get such a meeting (aka It should have been Hillary at this meeting)
        Just curious, do you have any problems with Trump giving the Chinese president "prestige?"

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...ts-pretty-good

"They understand what we are doing. With that being said, I have a very good relationship with President Xi of China," Trump said.

"He’s you know, an incredible guy," he added. "Essentially president for life. That’s pretty good."

Comment

Nixon meeting Mao was simply a "what if" meeting. There were no demands from either side. No recognition of Taiwan, no demilitarization, no face to lose for anyone.

It was seen as an opportunity to weaken the Soviet Union...and because Mao was anyways dying and and had been given a horses doses of meds to try to still appear lucid and awake, it mostly paved the way to what was to follow in China.

The risk for Trump here is that there is a demand. This is not an opportunity meeting. Trump is taking a risk, we can give him credit for that. I unfortunately don´t think it will work out but great if it does.
          Last edited by Telmar; 14-06-2018, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Agreed. Trump isn't the rogue element here, it's the dude with the basin haircut. Trump gets props for willingness to talk and following through, but that's potential small fry if Kim follows through.

Time will tell, but at this stage it's a little early too get naked and suck some orange dick. Hell have to settled for an angry hand job for now.

Comment

Originally posted by ak16 View Post

Prior to this Freudian slip, I imagined that the US stood for free and fair trade, egalitarianism, democracy, freedom, et al.....

to exploit is to benefit from, in this context, its to profit from. If profiting from an open North Korean market, is somehow negative to you, then oh well.

Comment

BREKING NEWS: How Trump got Kim to sign...

Comment

Originally posted by anon45 View Post

to exploit is to benefit from, in this context, its to profit from. If profiting from an open North Korean market, is somehow negative to you, then oh well.
                  It can also mean to use something unfairly for your own advantage.

As for the meeting I am simply going to wait and see if anything meaningful comes from this. It would be nice if that happens.

Comment

Trump tells Fox News he wants Americans to obey him like North Koreans obey Kim Jong-un

“He’s the head of the country — and he’s the strong head, don’t let anyone think anything different,” Trump said during the interview. “He speaks and his people sit up in attention. I want my people to do the same.”
                    https://www.rawstory.com/2018/06/tru...y-kim-jong-un/

Make America the Greatest Korea Again. MAGKA baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Devil Child View Post
                      Trump tells Fox News he wants Americans to obey him like North Koreans obey Kim Jong-un

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/06/tru...y-kim-jong-un/

Make America the Greatest Korea Again. MAGKA baby.
                      My people doesn't mean the nation, or congress. Nice but pathetic try on Reeds part

Comment

Originally posted by budgie View Post

Yeah sad hypocrisy. It might have been Obama but he was pilloried for even suggesting it and backed down like a sissy.

But anyway let's move forward and give the Devil his due. It was a good idea of trump to attempt this. Not talking is a stupid way to resolve differences.

Now I don't think much will immediately come of it: the two most unreasonable men on the planet, neither of whom has ever stuck to a deal can hardly be expected to forge a lasting peace. But at least trump has got the ball rolling. If this means more dialogue in future between the US and NK, under successive leaders, then at least that's one good trump legacy.

But, for Riderboy, this is not 'brilliant' diplomacy. It's bold. Obama suggested it and got shot down and Trump has faced very little domestic opposition to this (nor should he have and nor should Obama). It's a start, and was done as much out of his need to distract, to upset the apple cart, to upstage and because he clearly likes the company of dictators more than democratic allies. 'Brilliant' is a massive exaggeration.
                        Really good observation , that trump has such pleasant talks with a dictators but between g7 all's bad .

Comment

My people doesn't mean the nation, or congress. Nice but pathetic try on Reeds part
                          “He’s the head of the country — and he’s the strong head, don’t let anyone think anything different,” Trump said during the interview. “He speaks and his people sit up in attention. I want my people to do the same.”
                          Semantics of people aside, Trump is praising a dictator and seemingly expressing a desire to be treated as Kim has. I really don't care but considering the understandable hatred of murderous communist regimes, Trump's words seem to put him closer to that commie apologist ball-sucker camp you have spoken of.

Comment

Devil Child

Absolutely.

It's still a fucking idiotic thing to say. As was him relativizing the crimes against humanity committed over there. Have worse things been done elsewhere? Of course they have. The Mongols, the nazis, the commies— oh wait. He's talking about goddamn commies. Jesus. As of 2018, North Korea is strongly believed to have a six-figure concentration camp population. Let that sink in for a moment.

If Clinton had become president and uttered words such as Trump's the right would've fucking zerged her – and rightfully so.

I seriously don't understand how some of you manage to insist Trump's not like every other politician out there. He's an opportunist who doesn't give a fuck about what he said yesterday.

Here's wondering how Otto Warmbier's parents feel about all that jazz? smfh.

Comment

Originally posted by muck View Post
                              Devil Child

I seriously don't understand how some of you manage to insist Trump's not like every other politician out there. He's an opportunist who doesn't give a fuck about what he said yesterday.
                              One thing that's pretty clear is that Trump isn't like most politicians in all respects. Frankly, everyone agrees with that. And I don't mean just his shitty haircut or his cringeworthy speeches.

I always figured Trump just wanted to be president to have that listed as his "accomplishment." I suspected that once he won he'll just be a lame duck president not wanting to do shit. Why bother complicating your life when you already got the title?

Instead, he's actually been pushing for things and positions that have made his life a lot more difficult in Washington. I don't think he gets everything right and is just like other politicians in many respects (not caring about people, lying and making false promises, etc), but I'm starting to suspect that instead of simply wanting a "title," he actually genuinely cares about leaving a legacy of doing something bold for the country. It's still driven by ego, but I'll take that over politicians doing shit just to get an attaboy.

TL;DR: Anyone not willing to acknowledge Trump's success with this Nork thing is basically a libtard.
                              Last edited by Jonathan; 15-06-2018, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bfc1001 View Post

Really good observation , that trump has such pleasant talks with a dictators but between g7 all's bad .
                                Yes, well he's essentially negotiating with a man who has taken a country of 26 million people hostage. How does one talk to a hostage taker? Someone with the absolute power to do as he pleases with his country? Seriously, do you think negotiating with a madman who has a nuclear option is the same thing as talking to an elected head of a democratic country? . Perhaps you prefer the nuclear option, personally, I prefer to do it the nice way. Knowing that whatever Trump does he will be severely criticized. I honestly think Trump finds great sport in pissing off the opposition here at home.

Comment

Working...
                                X