London's murder rate surpasses New York's for 1st time ever

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post
    You always have a pair of self-defence jandles anyway...
    Yes works great when you fling them through the air to keep your ilk off the sheep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumper View Post

I'm from across the Channel, and I never heard anything about pepperspray at all.. I know that the Police were considering to use it.
      That's TV stuff..just like guns.
      Pepper Spray is a section 6 self-defense weapon in France and you only need an ID to obtain it, also it can’t be more than 100mg.

Comment

Pepper spray and tasers are illegal here too - it's like they REALLY don't want people defending themselves. Although that doesn't seem to stop people from getting hold of them if they really want to (I know of at least one person who has done so).
        You can buy pepper spray even at a drugstore in Germany. In fact I remember the media outcry when one of the major drugstore chains started selling it right after people started feeling unsafe what with the attacks on women on new years eve in cologne.
        Seems like the buyers didn't care though if the media thought this was appropriate or not - apparently that stuff was selling like hot cakes.

Originally posted by Nancy View Post
        Meh at your political meandering, I care not to be dragged into a debate about firearms. I just know that in my experience having seen a lot of fights and broken up a few that yelling "Cops are coming" is the most efficient way to stop one and works 100% of the time.
        If you're witnessing a lot of fights, ever thought about stepping up your game and invest in one of those nifty rape whistles?

Comment

• Originally posted by Xaito View Post

You can buy pepper spray even at a drugstore in Germany. In fact I remember the media outcry when one of the major drugstore chains started selling it right after people started feeling unsafe what with the attacks on women on new years eve in cologne.
          Seems like the buyers didn't care though if the media thought this was appropriate or not - apparently that stuff was selling like hot cakes.

If you're witnessing a lot of fights, ever thought about stepping up your game and invest in one of those nifty rape whistles?
          You've convinced me, I need to buy sturdier jandals.

Comment

• Guns for show, knives for a pro.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nancy View Post

You've convinced me, I need to buy sturdier jandals.
              Starting a child care?

Comment

Starting a child care?
                Oh no he screams not all Liberals are racist.... *Coughs* Go fuck yourself dickhead.

Comment

• Man dies after stabbing in east London hours after police officer attacked with knife

The Metropolitan Police have launched a murder investigation after a man was stabbed to death in east London on Saturday morning,hours after a police officer was attacked with a knife.

Police were called to Kingsland Road in Hackney around 6.30am following reports a man had been wounded.

Officers and emergency workers found a young man believed to be in his 20s suffering from stab injuries. He was taken to a central London hospital in a critical condition and died a few hours later.
                  London has seen a significant rise in violent crime during 2018. Earlier this month, the number of homicides for the year so far surpassed the figure for the whole of 2017.

There have been 14 fatal shootings and 70 fatal stabbings among the 123 homicides in the city so far this year.
                  https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8650016.html

Highest since 2008 actually.

Comment

• The competition in France and the Netherlands is not sleeping, though.

Comment

• Labour to propose new crossbow laws after woman's death

Labour planns to propose further restrictions on the sale of crossbows, days after a pregnant 35-year-old woman was shot and killed with one of the weapons at her home in east London.

The party is examining how it could amend the offensive weapons bill making its way through parliament to introduce further restrictions. Sale of crossbows is simply restricted for under-18s.
                      Streeting said weapons such as the crossbow that killed Muhammad were readily available for purchase online and asked the prime minister to consider toughening up “the scope of the laws governing the sale, possession and use of these deadly weapons”.

Unlike guns, crossbows are subject to limited regulation. The weapons are legal for anybody aged over 18 to buy and can easily be found online. They are not subject to licensing, and purchasers are not subject to additional checks as buyers of guns are, although possessing one in a public place may, in some circumstances, be an offence.

Labour sources told the Guardian that the party was working on a number of potential amendments to the bill. “The laws are clearly too lax; there isn’t, for instance, any specific licensing regime,” a source said.
                      https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...r-womans-death

Oh UK....always with the bans. Never mind that you can make PVC crossbows by hand that are powerful enough to put holes in walls.

Comment

• The party is examining how it could amend the offensive weapons bill
                        Would this be the one banning blow pipes and shurikens because the Home Office is terrifed of 1980s movie ninjas?

Comment

• Thankfully, it looks like the crossbow ban amendment was forgotten....for now.

Comment

• I'm going to make that crossbow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nancy View Post
                              I'm going to make that crossbow.
                              Go for it, I made a PVC bow in high school and it worked really well for about two months.

Comment

• #Enfield
                                BREAKING - FATAL SHOOTING:
                                A man has been shot dead on St Joseph’s Road, #N9.

Police were called at around 9.15pm. The victim was discovered with a gunshot wound and was pronounced dead at 10.10pm.

Three men have been arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder
                                https://mobile.twitter.com/999London...68508630261769

That’s 131 homicides to this date. As well as the third death after Cassandra Dick boldly claimed they were turning the tide against violent crime.

Comment

Working...
                                X