Russian spy critically ill in hospital after 'being poisoned' in Salisbury

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mitleser1987 View Post

I mean the former, not the latter. It seems to be a mundane case of mission failure.
    If they are GRU spooks - I really don't see what possible mission they could be in Salisbury for other than precisely what they've been accused of doing. Otherwise it's just an amazing co-incidence isn't it. And the theory of MI5 or whoever using their precense as a cover to do some dirty work on Skripal doesn't fly either; they would have had no way of knowing their itineries for the trip not to mention routes through Salisbury.

Comment

• According to RT our special snowflakes went missing suddenly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asheren View Post
        According to RT our special snowflakes went missing suddenly.
        Maybe they have been arrested under the European Arrest Warrant that is out on them?

But then I woke up

Comment

• Originally posted by Asheren View Post
          According to RT our special snowflakes went missing suddenly.
          Craig Murrey: I had in fact decided that their story was highly improbable, until I started seeing the storm of twitter posting, much of it from mainstream media journalists, which stated that individual things were impossible which were, in fact, not impossible at all.
          ‚Äč

Comment

• Originally posted by flamming_python View Post
            If they are GRU spooks - I really don't see what possible mission they could be in Salisbury for other than precisely what they've been accused of doing.
            Meeting Skripal senior who was still active despite his exile, indicated that he wished to return home and could not be geolocated thanks to switched off smartphones when the couple visited Salisbury.

Originally posted by flamming_python View Post
            And the theory of MI5 or whoever using their precense as a cover to do some dirty work on Skripal doesn't fly either; they would have had no way of knowing their itineries for the trip not to mention routes through Salisbury.
            Cover? Or response/trap?

Lot of talk about GRU bumbling, not much about British intel failures. Not so easy for 2 single young male Russians with weird passports/stories to get visas to UK. Were UK consulate & border force clueless? Did UK spies green-light their visas to gain intel on GRU?
            https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/s...95533667536896

The outcome is ideal, Skripal senior is isolated and the mission discredited.

Comment

• Originally posted by vs1863 View Post
              These two guys may be indeed have nothing to do with the Russian secret service. In this case their version about sightseeing tour to Salisbury looks very strange. If they have business, they should have pages in social networks, colleagues, suppliers, clients and other connections. So far nobody has claimed that they know these guys.
              My version - they are indeed GRU operatives. But their mission had no relation to Skripals. Otherwise it is impossible to explain, why GRU prepares its missions as poor as some Zimbabwean intelligence. They failed to kill Skripal, poisoned his daughter, openly arrived from Moscow and used hotels and public transport. Can't imagine that the evil KGB has lost all of its skills.
              Maybe Russian GRU agents are retards?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tographed.html

But UK spy agencies are not much better. They are good filling diversity quatas and probably at nabbing terrorist suspects, but after Cold War we all have an amateur hour...

Comment

• Originally posted by KaliOS View Post
                Maybe Russian GRU agents are retards?
                it slightly explains a level of "putin's tyranny". even fsb do not give a fuk about regulations and rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by merk666 View Post
                  it slightly explains a level of "putin's tyranny". even fsb do not give a fuk about regulations and rules.
                  Well if not FSB- other siloviki can definetly put Putins face into the ground if they wanted. That he came from their clan is a blessing and a curse for Putin.
                  But let's try not to steer offtopic.

Comment

Well if not FSB- other siloviki can definetly put Putins face into the ground if they wanted. That he came from their clan is a blessing and a curse for Putin.
                    But let's try not to steer offtopic.
                    Like who? He's the president and wields supreme executive power; those other siloviki better respect the chain of command or else.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamming_python View Post

Like who? He's the president and wields supreme executive power; those other siloviki better respect the chain of command or else.
                      I don't mean about killing him. But deplatforming him or retiring him with all the wealth he has if he behaves. Well maybe I am completely wrong here, but I don't believe that Putin is all powerful. He is not completely surrounded by his own people and he might need to navigate through muddy waters to not displease civiliki and siloviki. Not to mention, it doesn't look like Putin has power to shake the hive as it seems even people not from his background are immune even after blatant corruption, mismanagement. People who should have their heads rolled are... still in same or similar possitions even after fk ups. How's that imbecile Rogozin doing these days? How do you feel seeing people with competence like him in such positions?
                      If I was Putin I would go for issolationism and litterally I would start jailing such people who shit under my nose. Rulling country this size is not a a pastime game and it should bear consequences. A one trip to the cellar if needed. Sorry, but my opinion is that Russian gov is not as cunning and cohesive as we should believe.

Comment

I don't mean about killing him. But deplatforming him or retiring him with all the wealth he has if he behaves. Well maybe I am completely wrong here, but I don't believe that Putin is all powerful. He is not completely surrounded by his own people and he might need to navigate through muddy waters to not displease civiliki and siloviki.
                        He isn't all-powerful, but he's the president and his authority comes with his position. You can't just have a palace coup even if you did somehow find people with the balls to do it and some ideology or something they believe it; because Russia is not a banana republic, the Armed Forces, FSB, etc... are all sworn to protect the constitution, etc... and won't just rise against their commander in chief, then there's the people of the country themselves - Putin is still the most popular and trusted politician in the country by far.

And while there is an establishment, like in America, unlike with Trump in America - Putin is not going against it; and has already cemented enough power, alliances and not to mention respect throughout it to be pretty untouchable for the moment.
                        You can say this is a failing of the system; even in the USSR you didn't have just 1 person with that much power post-Stalin, you had the Politbureau and so on.

Russia will really have to go into the deep end and Putin will really have to make some serious mistakes in leading the country for even a quiet removal/unwilling retirement of Putin to be possible.
                        However I'm pretty sure that this is his last term regardless.

Not to mention, it doesn't look like Putin has power to shake the hive as it seems even people not from his background are immune even after blatant corruption, mismanagement. People who should have their heads rolled are... still in same or similar possitions even after fk ups. How's that imbecile Rogozin doing these days? How do you feel seeing people with competence like him in such positions?
                        Putin is loyal to his people but he does dismiss people from his cabinet, governors, etc.. for incompetence; usually it's done quietly and they are simply given a lower-profile position where they can do less damage.

Rogozin is a blabbermouth as usual but I feel he's kept around because he makes a good troll.

If I was Putin I would go for issolationism and litterally I would start jailing such people who shit under my nose. Rulling country this size is not a a pastime game and it should bear consequences. A one trip to the cellar if needed. Sorry, but my opinion is that Russian gov is not as cunning and cohesive as we should believe.
                        It seems to be doing okay, in terms of governance and competence. Corruption is a problem and probably hasn't been tackled enough. Ruling the country like Stalin or even just China won't satisfy anyone, and it will create its own set of problems in society. TL DR Russia already tried that route.

Comment

Not to mention, it doesn't look like Putin has power to shake the hive as it seems even people not from his background are immune even after blatant corruption, mismanagement. People who should have their heads rolled are... still in same or similar possitions even after fk ups.
                          >implying Putin wants to "shake the hive"

He would not have become President if he had been disloyal towards his past superiors and colleagues.
                          There is also the issue that even if you want to see their "head roll", you are going to need replacements, replacements who are competent and you can trust.

Comment

• reports of next incident in Salisbury

https://twitter.com/ELINTNews/status...05437869019137

Local media reporting emergency services, some wearing full body hazmat suits, arrive at restaurant in Salisbury after two people fall ill. Police cordon off streets around the restaurant. Waiting for more info

https://twitter.com/wiltshirepolice/...97399992913921

Police cordon footage

https://twitter.com/emmavolney/statu...06049964765185

and this

https://twitter.com/AmandaWorne/stat...00803389530113

Feeling a little apprehensive as Salisbury leaps to action again when 2 Russians are taken I'll in Prezzos showing the same symptoms as before ..... AND WE WERE SITTING NEXT TO THEM ! Now under police supervision waiting for medical team to give us the all clear !
                            Last edited by Guma; 16-09-2018, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• I called the phone number on this passport file of the #Salisbury poisoning suspect Alexander Petrov, that @bellingcat published and which @novaya_gazeta says is a Russian Defense ministry number.
                              Man who answered at 3am confirmed I had got through to the ministry.#Russia
                              https://twitter.com/Reevellp/status/1040768754421035009

As editor of The Insider comments, outfits like GRU / GU may seem in control of everything. But in reality they are making stupid, unforced errors. "No one forced them to write the GRU phone number on passport records," he says
                              https://twitter.com/olliecarroll/sta...70825597710338

Comment

• What phone number? And what is that scrap of paper?

Comment

Working...
                                X