Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian spy critically ill in hospital after 'being poisoned' in Salisbury

Polonium cough cough
    Firefighters were called to the hospital to decontaminate the area outside the A&E department after incident this afternoon

Don't drink the Kool Aid - or the tea!

Comment

СМЕРШ 1234567890

Comment

when I first saw it it looked like 'Sainsbury's' - every little helps

Comment

Russian experts discuss possible poison used. Most popular variants - polonium (Putin), meldonium (OAR), cocaine (RuMFA), cyanide (KGB), shawarma (ISIS).

Comment

Cui bono?

Would the current Russian government benefit from this? No, it's inconceivable.

Would the Siloviki benefit by further souring relationships between Russia and the West. Yes, it's conceivable.

Would the American deep state's anti-Russian hysteria and hate campaign benefit? Will we have new sanctions? Yes surely.

Would elements in the British covert services aid the American deep state's hate campaign? Yes, it's conceivable.

Could criminal elements be responsible? It's conceivable, but too little is known at the moment.

Poisoned or dead ex-Russian spies. A gift that keeps on giving to the West and a curse that keeps on punishing Russia.

If the man survives will he blame it on Putin personally? I'm sure it will be a long, drawn out case like the Litvinenko affair with maximum media exposure managed by Bell Pottinger or some such outfit, like in the Litvinenko case. Maximum damage inflicted on the Russian state. Oh wait, Bell Pottinger is defunct now as a result of their involvement in South Africa's Gupta "state capture" scandal. They were very effective in the Litvinenko case though.

Time to evaluate the balance and objectivity of your favourite media sources. It will be a severe test for them.

Off now to the troll farm manager to pick up my cheque.

Comment

Hope they pay you well...

Comment

The question is, did it have any effect?

Comment

what you forget in your list is the all-consuming Russian need for месть - смерть шпионам

Comment

Im intrigued what all of the people saying "how can the government allow this" are expecting. The intelligence services are not infallible and it's not particularly difficult to murder someone. Getting away with it for more than a few hours to days is the tricky bit and if you're beyond extradition by then the authorities are buggered even if they know you did it.

We don't allow drug dealing either but that happens up and down the country easily enough and most dealers don't have a major intelligence agency backing them up

Comment

Originally posted by Royal View Post
                      what you forget in your list is the all-consuming Russian need for месть - смерть шпионам
                      Via Google Translate for the benefit of others : "revenge - death to spies"

I'm perfectly OK with adding that, but I thought the state security apparatus was already covered by listing the Siloviki. But perhaps I don't understand the term. The question is still, why would they let him go and then after 10 years kill him in such a public demonstration of revenge. It inflicts massive damage to the Russian state.

Comment

We're going off topic slightly but the силовики (siloviki) is not the state security apparatus. The state security apparatus is the state security apparatus. The siloviki are the political, business and arguably criminal leaders who used to be part of the state security apparatus or have other links to it. Litvinenko wasn't killed until six years after he defected. A murder needs motive, method and means - and that includes knowing where the victim is. Skripal probably wasn't in the Salisbury phone book as Skripal...

Comment

The girl found with him is Yulia Skripal his daughter.

Here : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43297638

Comment

Originally posted by Royal View Post
                            We're going off topic slightly but the силовики (siloviki) is not the state security apparatus. The state security apparatus is the state security apparatus. The siloviki are the political, business and arguably criminal leaders who used to be part of the state security apparatus.............
                            OK I thought they were the state security apparatus, something like the deep state elsewhere. So yes, my intention was to include the state security apparatus.

Comment

*grabs popcorn*

Either they're really aching for even more hysteria and sanctions, or it's something completely different.

Comment

Working...
                              X