No announcement yet.

Remington files for bankruptcy as gun sales tumble

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A democratic president is better for gun sales isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by budgie View Post
      A democratic president is better for gun sales isn't it?
      Gun owners buy more guns early on in Democratic POTUS terms....due to.....

yes basically, when a democratic POTUS is elected, the fear factor of abuse of the US constitution goes up, fear of anti gun legislation like the stupid "waiting period" that was temporarily implemented under democratic POTUS Bill Clinton. That cost me a waiting period and gasoline, lost work and time to drive to a distant gun shop to pick up a semi auto handgun I had bought and paid for at a local gun show I was attending.

Voting and law abiding citizens should not have to wait to take possession of a firearm no more than they would to buy a knife, axe, a gallon of gasoline or a new vehicle. It was a stupid law. Democratic POTUS are well know abusers of the supreme law of the land.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgor View Post
        Interesting:

The US has the highest rate of gun ownership in the world with 88 guns for every 100 people. But just 3% of the population owns an average of 17 guns each, with an estimated 7.7 million super-owners in possession of 140 guns apiece.
        Here is you a statistic that is true:

go break into my older brothers home, kill everyone there and set fire to his home and families' bodies. He has ZERO guns. He decided go the no guns in my house freedom which he is welcome to do. Not doing it for lack of money, but only because he has bought into the Democrat party / liberal bull hockey that nobody will hurt him and the cops will get there in time and put their lives on the line for his family.

Kind of like the Savopoulos family in Washington D.C. in 2015, where 4 ppl in were butchered and their home burned with their bodies inside. (that kind of stuff happens to other ppl don'cha' know, never to us)

Comment

Interesting:

The US has the highest rate of gun ownership in the world with 88 guns for every 100 people. But just 3% of the population owns an average of 17 guns each, with an estimated 7.7 million super-owners in possession of 140 guns apiece.
          One other stat.....since I bought two gun safes some decades ago, none of my many guns have ever got up by themselves and walked out the door and gone and shot and killed someone, even when left alone during the many work days when no one was home for as long as 10 to 12 hours at a time. Seems that it requires a human to pull a trigger or something.

Comment

Did I say it's a bad thing ?

I think there is a misperception in many parts of the world regarding legal gun ownership. Most Americans don't have guns, those who do have quite a few and use them responsibly.

Comment

Did I say it's a bad thing ?

I think there is a misperception in many parts of the world regarding legal gun ownership. Most Americans don't have guns, those who do have quite a few and use them responsibly.
              your source: the 2012 survey by the UN office on drugs and crime / the Guardian, ..... was a bad choice for pro-gun stats, as the UN is notoriously anti gun. (oddly enough as the UN uses guns to enforce their will)

Comment

Ok..Point noted.

Anyway, I thought the 700 was a decent firearm ?

Comment

Originally posted by commanding View Post

your source: the 2012 survey by the UN office on drugs and crime / the Guardian, ..... was a bad choice for pro-gun stats, as the UN is notoriously anti gun. (oddly enough as the UN uses guns to enforce their will)
                  ‚ÄčNot to mention that it's highly unlikely that any gun ownership survey is going to get honest answers.

Comment

Ok..Point noted.

Mine was. Loved it.

Comment

Ok..Point noted.

I have never owned one, but I would say yes merely from hearsay. Also at US gunshows, I know they typically in many years past have had a drawing for a free (IIRC) Remington 700 BDL rifle in some popular caliber (like 30-06). Very popular long gun in US for hunting. Walnut stocks etc. My only Remington like I said is that circa 1986 bought new: "Fieldmaster" pump action 22 LR caliber and it is both beautiful and functional/ reliable. (before it I had a semi auto 22LR (in some off brand) and I had bad problems with reliable auto feeding due to not enough power in rounds to cycle the bolt. So I went to a manual action pump.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post

‚ÄčNot to mention that it's highly unlikely that any gun ownership survey is going to get honest answers.
                        also very true. that is like being forthcoming on questions on salary or any intensely private matters. one might answer, but not truthfully. All good poker players know this.

Comment

Originally posted by commanding View Post

I have never owned one, but I would say yes merely from hearsay. Also at US gunshows, I know they typically in many years past have had a drawing for a free (IIRC) Remington 700 BDL rifle in some popular caliber (like 30-06). Very popular long gun in US for hunting. Walnut stocks etc. My only Remington like I said is that circa 1986 bought new: "Fieldmaster" pump action 22 LR caliber and it is both beautiful and functional/ reliable. (before it I had a semi auto 22LR (in some off brand) and I had bad problems with reliable auto feeding due to not enough power in rounds to cycle the bolt. So I went to a manual action pump.
                          If you can find a decent condition Speedmaster from the 20th Century they are superb. Don't use Remington .22 ammo, and don't get the "deluxe" Monte Carlo stock, hard to get a good sight picture. Nothing more fun than a reliable, accurate semi-auto .22. That's one to have. Actually thinking about getting the new Ruger Mk 4 semi-auto .22 pistol for the same reason. It's been re-designed to be able to field strip and they got it right.

Comment

Originally posted by riderboy View Post

If you can find a decent condition Speedmaster from the 20th Century they are superb. Don't use Remington .22 ammo, and don't get the "deluxe" Monte Carlo stock, hard to get a good sight picture. Nothing more fun than a reliable, accurate semi-auto .22. That's one to have. Actually thinking about getting the new Ruger Mk 4 semi-auto .22 pistol for the same reason. It's been re-designed to be able to field strip and they got it right.
                            after we bought the hunting land in Oklahoma I evolved into more of a Revolver aficionado in 22LR caliber to deal with unwanted snakes (not all snakes) so I could use ratshot in that caliber with no troubles. So I typically carried a revolver in holster with ratshot up there when in the field. Don't like copperheads or rattlers etc. Copperheads scare me to death. I also still have a S&W semi auto model 422 target 22LR type handgun which I have owned since they first came out. Nice little pc of hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by digrar View Post

From all accounts, it will still be a turd. A last of it's kind turd, but brown and sticky none the less.
                              The 1100 series is pretty decent or at least it was.

Comment

Working...
                              X