Remington files for bankruptcy as gun sales tumble

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remington files for bankruptcy as gun sales tumble

With Trump in the White House, America’s gun manufacturers are in trouble after a golden era under Barack Obama

So in other words....
    I should by a Remington tomorrow, keep it preserved and packaged and eventually it could be a collector item.

Comment

I know their new .22 Speedmaster was a POS. I bought one made in the 80's and it is fantastic. I thought all of these Confederate/Nazi/Redneck/White Supremacists would be stocking up on firearms so we could all follow our Tyrant/Dictator Drumpf and rub out all the Brown people. No??

Comment

Originally posted by riderboy View Post
        I know their new .22 Speedmaster was a POS. I bought one made in the 80's and it is fantastic. I thought all of these Confederate/Nazi/Redneck/White Supremacists would be stocking up on firearms so we could all follow our Tyrant/Dictator Drumpf and rub out all the Brown people. No??
        Is welfare payments down......

Comment

Oh, and the Model 700 had "issues" with inadvertent discharges - allegedly. I saw a piece on 60 Minutes about it so who knows. Sad to see them go but the Trump Slump will continue.

Comment

think I mentioned before I have a mid 1980s era Remington Fieldmaster pump action 22LR with beautiful checkered wood forward grip and stock, still shiny and well cared for, accurate as hell etc. I love that old gun and wouldn't take anything for it. I guess someone will inherit it after I croak but tis mine until my dying breath.

Comment

Oh, and the Model 700 had "issues" with inadvertent discharges - allegedly. I saw a piece on 60 Minutes about it so who knows. Sad to see them go but the Trump Slump will continue.
              60 Minutes has got to be about the least reliable source on such things...

Comment

That actually did happen, back in the 90s and maybe before. The police here had issues with them.

Comment

Luckily our police no longer have inadvertant discharges now since swapping to AR15's...

Comment

Well now it's all their fault LOL.

Comment

Thanks Obama!

Comment

Originally posted by Hildemel View Post
                        So in other words....
                        I should by a Remington tomorrow, keep it preserved and packaged and eventually it could be a collector item.

From all accounts, it will still be a turd. A last of it's kind turd, but brown and sticky none the less.

Comment

Interesting:

The US has the highest rate of gun ownership in the world with 88 guns for every 100 people. But just 3% of the population owns an average of 17 guns each, with an estimated 7.7 million super-owners in possession of 140 guns apiece.

Comment

Sometimes it takes a good guy with 140 guns to stop a bad guy with 139 guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgor View Post
                              Interesting:

The US has the highest rate of gun ownership in the world with 88 guns for every 100 people. But just 3% of the population owns an average of 17 guns each, with an estimated 7.7 million super-owners in possession of 140 guns apiece.
                              That statistic has been shown to be a load of cobblers - repeatedly.

Comment

Working...
                              X