Commonwealth in secret succession plans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commonwealth in secret succession plans

The Commonwealth has secretly begun considering who might succeed the Queen as its head, the BBC has learned. The issue is hugely sensitive because the role is not hereditary and will not pass automatically to the Prince of Wales on the Queen's death.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43040240

I found this an interesting read, if only because it was something where I hadn't really considered either possibility- going or not going to Prince Charles. Another thing I'd never really thought about were it having term limits - the Queen is apparently in for life but will the next person be given a term limit? I guess it makes sense.

We've got members here from various Commonwealth countries - anyone from your neck of the woods that you'd like to see in charge?

I'd be loathe of acknowledge Charles as King I can tell you that right now. He's the very definition of a knobhead.

Comment

I'm not really a Monarchist (Though I'm certainly not anti either) so as far as the Commonwealth goes I think I'd definitely rather see it move away from being tied to the Crown and indeed tied to Britain. If you look at the breadth of nations in the Commonwealth there must be some excellent candidates out there.

Comment

God Save the Queen, long may she reign

I favour the traditional order of succession not some crap dreamed up by the increasingly libtarded BBC

Comment

Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post
          I'd be loathe of acknowledge Charles as King I can tell you that right now. He's the very definition of a knobhead.
          On the other hand he says what he thinks, not what parliament wants him to say

Comment

The Prince of Wales is not a bad guy

Comment

I thought it has been decided that Charles will not be King?

Comment

He will one day be King.

Not the most popular guy but it is inevitable

Comment

He may be king, but loathed by many. Especially those who think he was indirectly responsible for Dianna's downfall by fucking a old pile of rags.

It will spur on the republic movement in Australia.

Comment

It will probably spur on the republic movement everywhere

But the basic fact is that the Prince of Wales did not kill his deceased ex wife.

The worst he ever did was commit adultery with a pile of rags, as you say

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1976 View Post

Yep, he's a right expert on homeopathy, crystal therapy, moon-planting and a great deal of other mumbo-jumbo woo-woo shite.

Which is why I say he's a fuck-witted knobhead.

Comment

Originally posted by breki View Post
                        The Prince of Wales is not a bad guy
                        only a car crash away from not being king

Comment

Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post

Yep, he's a right expert on homeopathy, crystal therapy, moon-planting and a great deal of other mumbo-jumbo woo-woo shite.

Which is why I say he's a fuck-witted knobhead.
                          don't diss moon planting it works - as for the crystal meth he needs that to sleep with Camila

Comment

Got t say I don't care in the slightest . Once the queen is gone royalty s done for me , she s the only one i like , and of course Phillip for his gaffs ............ I'll leave the rest to ok magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1976 View Post
                              We had a war about that actually...

Comment

Working...
                              X