No announcement yet.

Oxfam: Deputy resigns over sex claims amid crisis talks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you wondered if it could get worse - how did he get a reference for another job?
    The man at the centre of the Oxfam sex scandal had left an earlier charity job after it was claimed he was involved in sex parties with young women in Liberia.

Comment

It is getting worse ...

Aid Worker Who Used Prostitutes: "Judge Me By My Work, Not What I Do In My Time Off"

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenter...t-my-time-off/

Comment

Originally posted by GB_FXST View Post
        It is getting worse ...

Aid Worker Who Used Prostitutes: "Judge Me By My Work, Not What I Do In My Time Off"

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenter...t-my-time-off/
        How convenient, I suppose that such defense strategy would have work wonders for Ted Bundy.......only if it had worked

Comment

Originally posted by Dercius View Post

How convenient, I suppose that such defense strategy would have work wonders for Ted Bundy.......only if it had worked
          Scary that such nonsense gained traction.

Comment

it does get worse - what an absolute joke, that is not that funny - sacked and the re-hired................
            Oxfam has admitted that it rehired an aid worker it had sacked amid claims of prostitute use in Haiti.

Comment

Originally posted by bfc1001 View Post

​wow , you too ? But charities make you feel so guilty for not donating .
              If you can't ignore them, (I'm happy to totally ignore their existence) a pretty short sharp conversation about how much they're getting paid to beg for donations, how much their CEO is on and what actual percentage gets to the coal face will shut the little fuckers down pretty quickly.

Comment

Now, admitelly I didn't read all there's to read about this so called scandal… so, correct me if I'm wrong: Some folks from Oxfam blew off a bit of steam with a bunch of hookers? Those girls weren't minors nor coerced into the orgay?

If that's the gist of it, why I'm supposed to care?

Comment

Originally posted by muck View Post
                  Now, admitelly I didn't read all there's to read about this so called scandal… so, correct me if I'm wrong: Some folks from Oxfam blew off a bit of steam with a bunch of hookers? Those girls weren't minors nor coerced into the orgay?

​conflict of interests . If your into sleeping with prostitutes being an aidworker is the wrong sort of job for you . A little like a police officer hanging out with known criminals in his spare time, he s doing nothing wrong but the officer is creating as I say a conflict of interests .

Comment

Oxfam claims that minors were not involved.

But then again, Oxfam tried to cover up the affair in the first place in and of itself. Yes, an organization like Oxfam is held to high standard of behavior.

The appearance of impropriety and appearance of conflict of interest is a significant problem.

I would not buy a used car from these assclowns.

Comment

No tears here

Oxfam chief accuses critics of 'gunning' for charity over Haiti sex scandal claims

Mark Goldring admits organisation’s failings but says ‘scale and intensity’ of criticism is disproportionate

https://www.theguardian.com/global-d...scandal-claims

Comment

Originally posted by GB_FXST View Post
                        No tears here

Oxfam chief accuses critics of 'gunning' for charity over Haiti sex scandal claims

Mark Goldring admits organisation’s failings but says ‘scale and intensity’ of criticism is disproportionate

https://www.theguardian.com/global-d...scandal-claims
                        Trying to protect his job, his pay and his position - what a toad

Just hope the rug is pulled from under Oxfam and all 'Charities' of this ilk - its been a long time coming

Comment

...If that's the gist of it, why I'm supposed to care?
                          Well in my case I'm amused as they've always been a bunch of sanctimonious 'better than thou' pricks.

Comment

Is it just me or are charities just a conflict of interests from the get go . Take water aid , their mission is to bring fresh water to everyone , but if that happens then their charity ceases to exist . From a financial point of view its important that people still drink dirty water . Maybe charities are a poor mechanism to sort out world issues .

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ases-last-year

Seems like a wider problem , not just Oxfam.

Comment

Originally posted by bfc1001 View Post
                                Is it just me or are charities just a conflict of interests from the get go . Take water aid , their mission is to bring fresh water to everyone , but if that happens then their charity ceases to exist . From a financial point of view its important that people still drink dirty water . Maybe charities are a poor mechanism to sort out world issues .
                                bit like live aid to be honest - raise loads of money - have a lot of it disappear along the way due to corruption - keep the people alive - they breed more people who need aid and feeding - and has anything changed no - just more people dependent on aid and welfare - tv just shows starving women and children -where are the men

Comment

Working...
                                X