Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DACA "Dreamers" threaten to leave US if no deal struck.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by riderboy View Post

    You mean a totally disconnected from reality rant about our racist-in-Chief Donald Trump and all of his racist minions and Russian handlers??
    ​Dont forget to mention the prostitutes and Golden showers for overall Epicness of your post

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by JakeScully View Post

      Errare Humanum Est.
      I took a little Latin in Jr. High. Eritis ranae.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by riderboy View Post
        I took a little Latin in Jr. High. Eritis ranae.
        Bonum vinum laetificat, cor hominis.

        (Good wine gladdens a man's heart)

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by J.Noah ה View Post

          Listen to how ridiculous you sound. Your "generous" numbers are actually wrong and your classification of a group of people is distasteful.
          Oh yeah? Show me hard numbers to prove me wrong then. That’s just my intuition based on the background most dreamers are likely to have. That is, they are unlikely to be led towards the military. A few sure. Maybe even a few hundred, but I doubt that.

          Show me data or we all know you’re just talkin out your white guilt ass.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Spartan10k View Post

            Oh yeah? Show me hard numbers to prove me wrong then. That’s just my intuition based on the background most dreamers are likely to have. That is, they are unlikely to be led towards the military. A few sure. Maybe even a few hundred, but I doubt that.

            Show me data or we all know you’re just talkin out your white guilt ass.
            You are quit the manipulator. You spew bs then its up to me to disprove you.

            Your intuition is not "hard data". You have no way of knowing the personality and social condition of every DACA recipiant to make the claim that they are all "moochers". Where is your hard data? This alone tells me you have no understanding of the DACA program.

            I don't know the hard data. The Fox news article I just posted that you didn't read states that there are 359 recipients in the military, others say up to 900. Statistically less than 1%. Either way, that debunks your intuitive "generous" statistic of less than 100 and the boards jeering remarks that it can't be done.

            The point is being missed here. The actual number is not that important. Its the fact that the U.S started a program that they may disband and have entrusted the U.S government with their personal information. Now they want to potentially disband a program that would lead to the opposite of citizenship but deportation.

            Deportation according to ICE can cost 10k-13k per person. Keeping a dreamer who has been vetted, takes out student loans and becomes a tax payer is contrary to what conservative social model? If not, what is the cheaper and more viable option? Are we still trying to be fiscally conservative?

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by J.Noah ה View Post

              You are quit the manipulator. You spew bs then its up to me to disprove you.

              Your intuition is not "hard data". You have no way of knowing the personality and social condition of every DACA recipiant to make the claim that they are all "moochers". Where is your hard data? This alone tells me you have no understanding of the DACA program.

              I don't know the hard data. The Fox news article I just posted that you didn't read states that there are 359 recipients in the military, others say up to 900. Statistically less than 1%. Either way, that debunks your intuitive "generous" statistic of less than 100 and the boards jeering remarks that it can't be done.

              The point is being missed here. The actual number is not that important. Its the fact that the U.S started a program that they may disband and have entrusted the U.S government with their personal information. Now they want to potentially disband a program that would lead to the opposite of citizenship but deportation.

              Deportation according to ICE can cost 10k-13k per person. Keeping a dreamer who has been vetted, takes out student loans and becomes a tax payer is contrary to what conservative social model? If not, what is the cheaper and more viable option? Are we still trying to be fiscally conservative?
              No it means I was close. 359 seems reasonable. Those can stay as I said in another thread. The rest haven’t done anything to earn or deserve the right.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Spartan10k View Post

                No it means I was close. 359 seems reasonable. Those can stay as I said in another thread. The rest haven’t done anything to earn or deserve the right.
                "The ones you’re talking about would probably add up to 100 people if I’m being extremely generous with the numbers."

                Not close, wrong. And to balance numbers between Conservative and Liberal statistics, most likely in the middle. And since I just learned its only the U.S army that accepts DACA, where was this mentioned amongst the experts here?

                Again, your emotional argument is missing the point. Its not about "deserving". The U.S government offered illegal immigrants (children) whom have been here for 5+ years, an alternative to deportation, a path to citizenship. Now the U.S may renege on its program and the participants are left helpless and vulnerable. Its called false hope.

                What is the cheaper and more viable option to replace a very simple, well vetted, and cost effective program? What conservative social value does this path to citizenship violate?

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by J.Noah ה View Post

                  "The ones you’re talking about would probably add up to 100 people if I’m being extremely generous with the numbers."

                  Not close, wrong. And to balance numbers between Conservative and Liberal statistics, most likely in the middle. And since I just learned its only the U.S army that accepts DACA, where was this mentioned amongst the experts here?

                  Again, your emotional argument is missing the point. Its not about "deserving". The U.S government offered illegal immigrants (children) whom have been here for 5+ years, an alternative to deportation, a path to citizenship. Now the U.S may renege on its program and the participants are left helpless and vulnerable. Its called false hope.

                  What is the cheaper and more viable option to replace a very simple, well vetted, and cost effective program? What conservative social value does this path to citizenship violate?
                  You seem to be operating under the impression you’re talking to a conservative. You’re not.

                  Also, 100 or 400 the difference isn’t that much. It’s a small percentage. And yes, as a group the dreamers are a net drain on the country.

                  Frankly we should shut down all immigration for a few years. We do not need more people here; we have enough as it is. It is a privilege for people to move here. It isn’t a right. We should be taking Europeans, Jews, and middle eastern Christians before anyone else too.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Spartan10k View Post

                    You seem to be operating under the impression you’re talking to a conservative. You’re not.

                    Also, 100 or 400 the difference isn’t that much. It’s a small percentage. And yes, as a group the dreamers are a net drain on the country.

                    Frankly we should shut down all immigration for a few years. We do not need more people here; we have enough as it is. It is a privilege for people to move here. It isn’t a right. We should be taking Europeans, Jews, and middle eastern Christians before anyone else too.
                    Yep. Well said Sparty. Not all superheroes wear capes. ; )

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      So....


                      I guess this means goodbye?

                      Divided Senate rejects bipartisan immigration plan on 'Dreamers,' border wall
                      http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...215-story.html


                      So long, farewell, au revoir, auf Wiedersehen.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Ivan le Fou View Post
                        So....


                        I guess this means goodbye?



                        http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...215-story.html


                        So long, farewell, au revoir, auf Wiedersehen.

                        So, WTF? Trump offers amnesty for these kids and wants a wall, an end to chain migration except for immediate families and an end to the diversity lottery and we can't get that out of the Dems? Well, Bye......

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...arents-to-u-s/

                          An amnesty plan being negotiated by Republicans in the House will likely allow illegal aliens who were brought to the U.S. by their illegal alien parents to bring those parents to the country.

                          According to insiders who spoke to Breitbart News, the plan by House Republicans, which House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) is attempting to fast track, would allow nearly 800,000 illegal aliens shielded from deportation by the President Obama-created Deferred Action for Childhood (DACA) program to bring their foreign parents to the U.S.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X