Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DACA "Dreamers" threaten to leave US if no deal struck.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by J.Noah ה View Post

    Yup. Those dreamers who served our military are "trash"... Throw the trash away... Distguisting.


    Ah!

    And yet again expressing your uninformed opinion on something you don't know anything about.


    Delightful.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by JakeScully View Post

      Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought you needed a green card at least to serve the US Army, if not a citizen already? DACA have served?
      Sounds about right but DACA will accept honorable discharged veterans as DACA receipants as it meets one of their requirements. If you're a child, you can serve to meet the requirement. I personally work with one who is active duty now. Below is the program that the mess is complaining about.

      https://www.uscis.gov/archive/consid...request%20DACA

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Spartan10k View Post

        A few million less democrat voters. How will I ever get over that loss?
        Exactly. It was never about the program, but your selfish reasons.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by J.Noah ה View Post

          Sounds about right but DACA will accept honorable discharged veterans as DACA receipants as it meets one of their requirements. If you're a child, you can serve to meet the requirement. I personally work with one who is active duty now. Below is the program that the mess is complaining about.

          https://www.uscis.gov/archive/consid...request%20DACA
          why did you link to guidelines that are no longer valid but only an archived page of old guidelines?

          btw, my high school friend (class of '65) was a german born guy (non US citizen) here with his mum and younger brother was drafted into the army and was KIA in Vietnam on 8 Feb 1968. He was made a US citizen after his death thru actions by our local congressman. It made headlines in our local city.

          I knew another guy who was born in central America who was in BCT with me in 1971. Don't know what became of him.

          Comment


          • #20
            I think J.Noah is a Murican, comm. Living in Baltimore he has told us.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by JakeScully View Post
              I think J.Noah is a Murican, comm. Living in Baltimore he has told us.
              No wonder that city got nuked in Sum of all Fears...

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Ivan le Fou View Post

                No wonder that city got nuked in Sum of all Fears...
                comm was apparently mistaking him for budgie. Get a better sleep Texan pal.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by JakeScully View Post
                  I think J.Noah is a Murican, comm. Living in Baltimore he has told us.
                  I know, I thought the poster was budgie because their style is so similar, corrected it after you pounced on it. jeez I corrected it in like 15 seconds.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by commanding View Post

                    I know, I thought the poster was budgie because their style is so similar, corrected it after you pounced on it. jeez I corrected it in like 15 seconds.
                    Errare Humanum Est.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by JakeScully View Post

                      comm was apparently mistaking him for budgie. Get a better sleep Texan pal.
                      would if I could....wait until you get my age brother.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by J.Noah ה View Post

                        Exactly. It was never about the program, but your selfish reasons.
                        Lol? We have no obligation to the dreamers. The ones you’re talking about would probably add up to 100 people if I’m being extremely generous with the numbers. The rest of the couple million are just moochers. I don’t mind them staying as permanent resident aliens, but no citizenship for them.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by commanding View Post

                          I know, I thought the poster was budgie because their style is so similar, corrected it after you pounced on it. jeez I corrected it in like 15 seconds.
                          You mean a totally disconnected from reality rant about our racist-in-Chief Donald Trump and all of his racist minions and Russian handlers??

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Kap View Post


                            You do realize that is a very small amount of people in general? Also you need a green card and to be a legal immigrant in order to serve in the military. No green card, no service!!!!

                            MAVNI exists, but it's for specialized skills and degrees in order to serve (mostly healthcare services). There is a medic in my section who was MAVNI and was able to enlist, and he became a citizen a few years ago. MAVNI is a very small pilot program that has ended and it's not for dreamers. P.S. He was also not a dreamer.
                            Thank you Kap for your post. I did not know much about MAVNI so I took a little time to research. I found that Dreamers are ellgible for the MAVNI program. While legal immigration status is required, this status can be waived for Dreamers on a base by base case. You can obtain a green card through the MAVNI program as a DACA.

                            https://citizenpath.com/mavni-program/

                            The question now begs to how many dreamers were granted into the program through military service. If DACA is defunked, what happens to there status? It looks like Fox News had answered my questions. The article also highlights that the U.S Army is the only branch that will accept enlistment from this catagory, and perfectly explains why I have an Army coworker that is a recipiant;

                            "In fiscal year 2016 alone, 359 Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals recipients, also referred to as “Dreamers,” enlisted in the Army, which is the only branch that accepts this immigrant category."

                            https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxne...rvice.amp.html

                            So now the discussion is how do we judge merit if the program is disbanded? Especially, if Trump keeps his word on the issue.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Spartan10k View Post

                              Lol? We have no obligation to the dreamers. The ones you’re talking about would probably add up to 100 people if I’m being extremely generous with the numbers. The rest of the couple million are just moochers. I don’t mind them staying as permanent resident aliens, but no citizenship for them.
                              Listen to how ridiculous you sound. Your "generous" numbers are actually wrong and your classification of a group of people is distasteful.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by commanding View Post

                                I know, I thought the poster was budgie because their style is so similar, corrected it after you pounced on it. jeez I corrected it in like 15 seconds.
                                More excuses to avoid follow up discussions that challenge your views. Budgie and I are two different people, two different perspectives.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X