Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas delegation splits on warrantless N.S.A. spying

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Texas delegation splits on warrantless N.S.A. spying

    Texas delegation splits on warrantless N.S.A. spying

    While the 36 Texans in the U.S. House largely voted along party lines to reauthorize a key NSA surveillance program, some Republican voted against it and two Democrats voted for it.


    https://www.texastribune.org/2018/01...ess-ns-spying/


  • #2
    George Zornick‏Verified account @gzornick 4h4 hours ago




    55 House Democrats - including Pelosi, Hoyer, Schiff - voted to kill a surveillance reform bill that would have (among other things) added a warrant requirement to 702 searches. Full list of Dem 'no' votes:

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTRpBugWsAMw87Y.jpg

    Comment


    • #3
      Your guys are already shitting on the 1st, 2nd and 5th ammendments. Why not screw over the 4th while you're at it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post
        Your guys are already shitting on the 1st, 2nd and 5th ammendments. Why not screw over the 4th while you're at it.
        But only the second matters, remember.

        No one cares when the "Patriot Act" took a giant shit over the 4th.

        Are you a Patriot? How could someone even challenge such a sacred word. By definition your islamocommie for challenging its legitimacy.

        Comment


        • #5
          Everyone's in favour of freedom of speech so long as you only say things I agree with.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Kilgor View Post

            But only the second matters, remember.

            No one cares when the "Patriot Act" took a giant shit over the 4th.

            Are you a Patriot? How could someone even challenge such a sacred word. By definition your islamocommie for challenging its legitimacy.
            Compared to US history of the last 76 or so years (1942 to present) the Executive order 9066 makes the freedom of speech issue look paltry. Japanese were interred in camps from about 1942 to about 1946, their homes and businesses confiscated.
            E.R. 9066 violated the bill of rights sections 1,2,4,5,6,8 and 9.
            110,000 Japanese ppl interred. Good old FDR, democrat party hero.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by commanding View Post

              Compared to US history of the last 76 or so years (1942 to present) the Executive order 9066 makes the freedom of speech issue look paltry. Japanese were interred in camps from about 1942 to about 1946, their homes and businesses confiscated.
              E.R. 9066 violated the bill of rights sections 1,2,4,5,6,8 and 9.
              110,000 Japanese ppl interred. Good old FDR, democrat party hero.
              What does that have to do with the Patriot Act?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ratamacue View Post
                What does that have to do with the Patriot Act?
                I said NOTHING about the patriot act. Kilgor referred to the 2nd and 4th amendment, and prior to that this post preceded Kilgore's post.

                http://themess.net/forum/news-and-cu...554#post318554

                referred to the 1st ,2nd, 4th and 5th amendment. Got it?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Senate advances bill to renew NSA's internet surveillance program
                  Dustin Volz



                  WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Senate on Tuesday advanced a bill to renew the National Security Agency’s warrantless internet surveillance program, as a final push by privacy advocates to derail the measure came up one vote short.

                  https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1F528V

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X