Baby it's cold outside.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by riderboy View Post

I’m in Cozumel, 80F, cool nights, great diving. Yes, I know, you hate me.
    riderboy no post earthquake tsunami in Cozumel today? heard it was a 7.8 quake in the water between Cozumel and Cuba.

Comment

• Originally posted by commanding View Post

riderboy no post earthquake tsunami in Cozumel today? heard it was a 7.8 quake in the water between Cozumel and Cuba.
      Nope, nothing. I felt the bed shake a little that was about it. No tidal wave, diving was great. We got a text from friends at home, otherwise we may never have known it happened.

Comment

• Ohh! Bring us up to speed. Did you do any fishing while you were underwater? A friend of mine used to do that, a little Hawaiian sling work!

Comment

• Originally posted by Euroamerican View Post
          Ohh! Bring us up to speed. Did you do any fishing while you were underwater? A friend of mine used to do that, a little Hawaiian sling work!
          Palancar reef is all national park. Guides are required, no touching or molesting the critters. Our guide always carried a sling for the lionfish which they are still attempting to eradicate. Incredible diving, lots of wildlife. Home to an icestorm tomorrow.

Comment

• Heading home today from Cozumel. Our airport was closed yesterday because of snow and ice. Supposed to be even colder than when we left a week ago. Subzero temps. Damn.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimHPTN View Post

Forget the ice!! What are people doing for water?!?
              Finally fixed. Thanks to mother nature and its random 60 degree day. The took a week to fix it.... Smh

Comment

• Originally posted by riderboy View Post
                Heading home today from Cozumel. Our airport was closed yesterday because of snow and ice. Supposed to be even colder than when we left a week ago. Subzero temps. Damn.
                You're in for a big shock! I hope that you packed enough warm clothing to make it from the airport to the car.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.Noah ה View Post

Finally fixed. Thanks to mother nature and its random 60 degree day. The took a week to fix it.... Smh
                  That's bad. At least it's fixed and you can get back to normal, as well as catching up on the washing of clothes, dishes, etc.

Comment

That's bad. At least it's fixed and you can get back to normal, as well as catching up on the washing of clothes, dishes, etc.
                    Right. I live in a very old neighborhood (19th century) and I'm not really sure how much the city has updated its water infrastructures.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.Noah ה View Post

Right. I live in a very old neighborhood (19th century) and I'm not really sure how much the city has updated its water infrastructures.
                      Old homes and neighborhoods look really neat and have a lot of charm, but they do have their downsides. On the plus side, most of the homes in those neighborhoods are very well built at their core and will last a good long time with the right maintenance. I can't say that about newer homes like the one that I own. Sadly, the infrastructure problem is pretty much universal in the US.

Comment

Old homes and neighborhoods look really neat and have a lot of charm, but they do have their downsides. On the plus side, most of the homes in those neighborhoods are very well built at their core and will last a good long time with the right maintenance. I can't say that about newer homes like the one that I own. Sadly, the infrastructure problem is pretty much universal in the US.
                        Exactly, I will never replace my home for a newer one. I don't mind the mainance per say and within reason, since I don't have to take care of a yard. The difference is my old row is in Baltimore, and not DC, Alexandria, Annapolis, ect.

Comment

• Bitter cold today, record setting.

Comment

• It was 17 here, with a wind chill of 1, an hour ago. Ugh.
                            This coming Saturday it'll be 72.

Comment

• We're still freezing in NC/TN/GA and we're about to get snow. TN has already been nailed.

Comment

We're still freezing in NC/TN/GA and we're about to get snow. TN has already been nailed.
                                in TX we had sleet last night mostly in north East TX and pretty cold, colder tonight but no snow. supposed to get around 11F tonight. killing the bugs anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X