Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Australian airport owned by China paid just $1 for a 100-YEAR lease on the land

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soldat_Américain View Post
    For the Australians, China isn't a dreamed up enemy. It is THE enemy. Otherwise there wouldn't be a book series and movie series derived called: Tomorrow When the War began. Also, China isn't a dreamed up enemy, you know, they've seized land your country possesses and your forces are powerless to hold them.
    I thought the bad guys in the Tomorrow series were the Indonesians.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandgroper View Post

I thought the bad guys in the Tomorrow series were the Indonesians.

Nah JungleJims, he's trying to warn us

Comment

Originally posted by Soldat_Américain View Post
        For the Australians, China isn't a dreamed up enemy. It is THE enemy. Otherwise there wouldn't be a book series and movie series derived called: Tomorrow When the War began. Also, China isn't a dreamed up enemy, you know, they've seized land your country possesses and your forces are powerless to hold them.
        You mean the land we stole from them, when they were too weak to do anything about it? The same said lands that the US warned the Philippines not to include in its territory in the 40's, cause China one it and they fore saw a conflict down the road should Philippines insist? Difference compared to back then was the US was not looking at China as the enemy then.

Tengu, the Australian experiences with foreign pilots crashing, speaks more about the lack of proper screening by the Australians rather than the state of training by overseas pilots.

Comment

Originally posted by Junglejim View Post
          i dont need to try again, if you arent seeing it, then you ont. watch Canadin bacon, they were on point about ar with bees.

Anyway, not only will Austrlia have Chinese Airports, but soon Chinese pilots as well...
          Canadian Bacon? Michael Moore? Is that all you have?

Comment

Originally posted by pla View Post
            The bottomline is that this is an Australian problem, not a Chinese problem. If you don't want to sell, then please don't sell. Stop blaming the Chinese for buying. This is your problem, not ours. Chinese do not point guns at Australians' heads forcing you to do any of the businesses. You guys need to sort this out. Frankly, this is becoming embarrassing...
            I couldn't agree more, this is our issue.

Originally posted by pla View Post
            So is Australia doing anything regarding this airport? Is there an investigation, etc...? Does anyone know?
            They bought the lease off of the state government, it was obviously all above board, no need to do anything or investigate.

Comment

Originally posted by t3ngu View Post
              My brother in law is a commercial pilot, near retirement age. He flies commercially in the smaller stuff but even though he was offered, didn't want to fly the big stuff.

From memory, a while ago he said they tried overseas trained pilots who lived here a few times, from memory, the last one crashed on their first day of operation. Back to Aussie trained pilots it was. Ill have to ask him to confirm. He said the bigger issue isn't pilots but the egos that come with them. There is no camaraderie anymore with the younger pilots, at least where he flies.

I know plenty of people who got their commercial pilots licenses and earnt nearly nothing for years (my cousin being a prime example). They are either still flying because they love it or got out (except my brother in law).

Had a client with son who wanted to be commercial airliner pilot amount of cash he put in to it, steps and time involved was mind boggling.

Comment

I simply fail to see what the "outrage" is about...The locals are happy with the deal...https://thewest.com.au/business/avia...-ng-b88705220z

If anything, there should be an outrage about this "outrage."!

Mr Morris said while he admired Mr Smith, he should “do some homework”.

“It's the same as any airfield around Australia, any public airfield. Yes you need permission prior to landing to make sure there's not another plane taking off,” he said.

The Royal Flying Doctor's Service regularly use the airfield with no issue... in fact, 153 times over the past 12 months.

In a statement the Flying College's CEO said many airports around the country required incoming aircrafts to seek permission, for safety reasons, and other operators are more than welcome to visit.

Until the suspension issue is resolved, private flyers and the RFDS can use the Merredin aerodrome... in the meantime, locals hope the college gets back up and running.
                Australia's own pilot shortage has absolutely NOTHING to do with China. China has similar problems...and are hiring non-Chinese pilots.

Comment

Working...
                X