Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VA Study Shows Parasite From Vietnam May Be Killing Vets

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/1...ling-veterans/

The Department of Veterans Affairs this spring commissioned a small pilot study to look into the link between liver flukes ingested through raw or undercooked fish and a rare bile duct cancer. It can take decades for symptoms to appear. By then, patients are often in tremendous pain, with just a few months to live.
    Of the 50 blood samples submitted, more than 20 percent came back positive or bordering positive for liver fluke antibodies

Thanks. Only shows that the rules of the VA is there to help the VA not the veteran.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollis View Post
      Thanks. Only shows that the rules of the VA is there to help the VA not the veteran.
      When we rotated thru the Roudebush VA at IU Med Center in Indianapolis back in the early 80's we gave the vets the best possible care we could, but the system could not be beaten. I loved those guys, a lot of the WW II vets were around, even a few WW I guys. I hope Trump is sincere about doing more to improve the VA, I know he's fired a lot of people and made it easier to get rid of bad staff, of which there were many that I saw. Nurses and techs just punching a clock and impossible to get rid of.( some excellent ones to by the way).

Comment

Originally posted by riderboy View Post

When we rotated thru the Roudebush VA at IU Med Center in Indianapolis back in the early 80's we gave the vets the best possible care we could, but the system could not be beaten. I loved those guys, a lot of the WW II vets were around, even a few WW I guys. I hope Trump is sincere about doing more to improve the VA, I know he's fired a lot of people and made it easier to get rid of bad staff, of which there were many that I saw. Nurses and techs just punching a clock and impossible to get rid of.( some excellent ones to by the way).

IN my experience it not the care providers, It is the VA administration. I did time at the VA hospital in Long Beach Ca and Portland Or. The care providers are great, The bean counters suck

Comment

Working...
        X