No announcement yet.

West Point cadet shares ‘Communism will win’ selfie on #VeteransForKaepernick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this is an episode that should be ignored.

If he served, he should receive credit for it. If he did well in WP, he should receive credit for it.

As a prank or political view, I do not care. It matters only if this makes him unfit for service.

The rest is a storm in a glass.

P.S. Regarding Communism was denatured by dictatorships and it's all about social living (akin to Nazis applying the idea of evolved man in a wrong way)... bullshit! The application of an idea is more important than the idea itself. Communism refers to the criminal way of implementing social dictated living. There is no salvaging that name.

Comment

Originally posted by haze99 View Post
      Based upon his mini-medals, he would have been prior-service enlisted. (look close, one medal is the Army Good Conduct Medal) which is only awarded to enlisted soldiers who serve honorably for three years.
      AGCM can be awarded for less than 3 years if on initial enlistment since the Korean War (In WW2 it took 6 months service to be awarded)

Comment

Originally posted by BogT View Post
        If he served, he should receive credit for it. If he did well in WP, he should receive credit for it.
        Timmy McVeigh served, got a CIB and Bronze Star Honorably, yet we dont excuse him

As a prank or political view, I do not care. It matters only if this makes him unfit for service.
        Since he cannot get a Security Clearance due directly to his own open declarations, he cannot serve in any operational capacity as a Platoon Leader in ANY TDA unit

Comment

Originally posted by Linedoggie View Post
          Timmy McVeigh served, got a CIB and Bronze Star Honorably, yet we dont excuse him
          Well, we don't excuse him because he was a terrorist, not because of his shirt. I'm just saying that it's not the same thing...

Originally posted by Linedoggie View Post
          Since he cannot get a Security Clearance due directly to his own open declarations, he cannot serve in any operational capacity as a Platoon Leader in ANY TDA unit
          Yes, you may be right here, and the people in charge will make the right call after listening to some facts (I hope). I guess I would care a little if this call was affected compared to the norm (one way or the other) due to the media exposure.

More than that, while I'm not going to give him a prize for the smartest decision this year, I'm not that outraged. I would not loose any sleep over his dismissal either (he's an adult, he made a call, he can live with it).

Comment

The rest is a storm in a glass.
            Guys twitter feed also contained somewhat contemptuous descriptions of US president, vice president, secretary of defense, superintendent of West Point and attorney general Jeff Sessions while he was still just senator before he set it to private. That is essentially undermining the entire chain of command, for commissioned officer that is a crime. According to some people in intertubes that may lead to him being dismissed, forfeiture of pay and up to year in prison. Potentially he will also have to pay back his pay from when he was cadet and tuitions, that is hundreds of thousands dollars.

He may have ruined his future with dozen or so slightly stupid tweets.

Comment

Originally posted by domokun View Post

Guys twitter feed also contained somewhat contemptuous descriptions of US president, vice president, secretary of defense, superintendent of West Point and attorney general Jeff Sessions while he was still just senator before he set it to private. That is essentially undermining the entire chain of command, for commissioned officer that is a crime. According to some people in intertubes that may lead to him being dismissed, forfeiture of pay and up to year in prison. Potentially he will also have to pay back his pay from when he was cadet and tuitions, that is hundreds of thousands dollars.

He may have ruined his future with dozen or so slightly stupid tweets.
              Ok, than it's clear... my benefit of the doubt was misplaced.

Comment

Here's a little info about the douche from this aint hell.

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=75021

Comment

http://taskandpurpose.com/spenser-ra...dia-professor/

Followed by this open letter.

https://medium.com/@UlisseRJ/open-le...n-659dac71511f

Comment

thanks Digs, that bottom link to the letter is a REAL eye opener! holy moley. I have belonged to hobby clubs like that, but would have never imagined West Point being in that situation.

Comment

The initial statement he wrote while Rapone was in West Point was pretty damning too.

Comment

Originally posted by Kap View Post
                        Here's a little info about the douche from this aint hell.

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=75021
                        The comments afterward yield some interesting opinions about the guy....

Comment

Originally posted by Euroamerican View Post

The comments afterward yield some interesting opinions about the guy....
                          That a very diplomatic way of saying it.

Comment

#veteransforkaepernick eh? If they're like this guy that does not impress me much.

Comment

Originally posted by riderboy View Post
                              #veteransforkaepernick eh? If they're like this guy that does not impress me much.
                              Careful there sir! Budgie might hear you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan le Fou View Post

Careful there sir! Budgie might hear you.

Comment

Working...
                                X