Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7/4 2017: Suspected terrorist attack in Stockholm, Sweden - Truck mows down pedestrians

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/4 2017: Suspected terrorist attack in Stockholm, Sweden - Truck mows down pedestrians

Just in. There are several dead and police says they suspect it's an act of terrorism.
    http://www.svt.se/nyheter/live/dad-i-stockholm

Occured in central Stockholm on Drottninggatan a little while ago. It's a pretty crowded area on a friday afternoon like this one.

Sounds like a Nice/Berlin style attack, if it is indeed confirmed to be terrorism and not just some random homicidal loon.

Also it's a pedestrian only street, lined with shops, it is not someone who just took a wrong turn.

Comment

Oh god... Again...

Comment

I have just see the news, they are talking about 3 deads.

RIP

Comment

Reports of shots fired at the location as well as at a square some distance away.

Comment

And here we go again...

According to thesun, three people have been killed.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/328135...crowds-sweden/

And the truck is pretty big.

Comment

The truck was hijacked earlier today.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniffit View Post
                Reports of shots fired at the location as well as at a square some distance away.
                These reports always trickle in when something like this happens, in 9/10 cases they turn out to be nothing. But yeah, I vividly recall the day Breivik attacked and how everyone was focused on the bombing and it took aaaages before people started realizing all those other reports of gunfire were real and indeed far worse than anyone could have imagined. Ugh, gives me real bad chills just thinking about it...

Anyway, the train traffic to/from Stockholm Central has been suspended and the metro is being evacuated as well as we speak. They're doing this by the book, better safe than sorry...

R.I.P. to the innocent...

Comment

R.I.P. to the victims

Comment

The shooting at Fridhemsplan has been confirmed by police.

Comment

Shooting reported at Mall of Scandinavia, Scandinavias largest mall, just north of Stockholm

Comment

The shooting at Fridhemsplan has been confirmed by police.
                        Shooting reported at Mall of Scandinavia, Scandinavias largest mall, just north of Stockholm
                        These two connected with the truck attack?

Comment

Would seem odd if not.

Comment

Confirmed shooting at Hötorget, right next to the truck attack.
                            Apperantly three armed men jumped out of the truck after it drove through the crowd.

Comment

Just another day in modern Europe.

RIP for those three and for possible upcoming deaths in advance.

Comment

Working...
                              X