Morocco bans production and sale of burqas: reports

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morocco bans production and sale of burqas: reports

Rabat (AFP) - Morocco has banned the production and sale of burqa full-face Muslim veils, apparently for security reasons, media reports said Tuesday...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/morocco-b...113112940.html

This has become a very sensitive case in the Western nations with a sizeable muslim community. The older people I sometimes talk with about this keeps telling me how they fought for gender equality post WW2. When women had barely any right's and they are not exactly thrilled to see full veiled women now in the streets. A courageous move from Morroco.

Comment

I personally have never liked the burqa,It's a custom and tradition for a part of the Muslims, extremes,not a religious duty.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeScully View Post
        This has become a very sensitive case in the Western nations with a sizeable muslim community. The older people I sometimes talk with about this keeps telling me how they fought for gender equality post WW2. When women had barely any right's and they are not exactly thrilled to see full veiled women now in the streets. A courageous move from Morroco.
        It's not like the burqa is very popular in Morocco or really a Moroccan thing. You will not see many women wearing a burqa in Morocco, also not in the countryside.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeWolf View Post

It's not like the burqa is very popular in Morocco or really a Moroccan thing. You will not see many women wearing a burqa in Morocco, also not in the countryside.
          Can't speak for Morroco, back when I was in Tunisia pre Arab Spring I've seen less burqa if any at all than in various European cities.

Comment

Working...
          X