Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

International Criminal Court published report on US Army, CIA war crimes in A-stan

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • International Criminal Court published report on US Army, CIA war crimes in A-stan

    Most of the crimes were prisoners abuse, tortures and rapes in the period of 2003-2004 in Afghanistan and 2002-2008 in eastern europe countries (Poland, Lithuania, Romania).

    https://www.icc-cpi.int/iccdocs/otp/...rep-PE_ENG.pdf

  • #2
    Notwithstanding my firm belief that some aspects of the war on terror are an ugly stain on Uncle Sam's slate, I do dare question your motives here. Unlike the title suggests this report deals with all the ICC's activities on a very regular basis and the part on " Acts allegedly committed by members of the US forces and of the CIA " actually seems to be the smallest.


    Comment


    • #3
      Oh so it's report on US Army, CIA war crimes, right?
      Crimea:
      Harassment of Crimean Tatar population
      Killing and abduction
      Ill treatment
      Detention and fair trial
      Compelled military service

      Eastern Ukraine:
      Killing
      Destruction of civilian objects
      Detention
      Disappearance
      Torture/ill-treatment
      Sexual and gender - based crimes
      Looks like your plan backfired there, m8. And nice try on criticizing US handling of suspected Taliban/AQ members when RF is known for its way of dealing with similar individuals.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Chomiq View Post
        Oh so it's report on US Army, CIA war crimes, right?
        Looks like your plan backfired there, m8. And nice try on criticizing US handling of suspected Taliban/AQ members when RF is known for its way of dealing with similar individuals.
        Please, keep offtopic out of this thread. You can discuss Crimea, Russia, Ukraine and so on in the dedicated baltic butthurt threads.

        I do dare question your motives here.
        Feel free to ask personal questions with the private messages, i do not intend to disscus my personal motives here. Stay on topic.

        Comment


        • #5
          It's not offtopic if it's related to the very report that you've posted. Have you even briefly analyzed what you've actually posted?

          First - the title of report is "Report on Prelimimary Examination Activities 2016". It's not solely a report on US Army and CIA "war crimes".

          Comment


          • #6
            A russian trying to smear the US based on it's treatment of islamic terrorists? Hahahahaha, GTFO.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Sniffit View Post
              A russian trying to smear the US based on it's treatment of islamic terrorists? Hahahahaha, GTFO.
              US treatment of the islamic terrorists it is a weapon and technologies given to the KSA and Qatar.

              Guantanomo (US president promised to close it eight year ago lol) and illegal prisons in eastern europe are international crimes and only produced more islamic terrorism, not reduced them.

              Also, the fact that i am a Russian, does not justify these crimes. Your comment is russophobic and arrogant (same with the US international policy)
              Last edited by AND; 15-11-2016, 02:12 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Chomiq View Post
                It's not offtopic if it's related to the very report that you've posted. Have you even briefly analyzed what you've actually posted?
                First - the title of report is "Report on Prelimimary Examination Activities 2016". It's not solely a report on US Army and CIA "war crimes".
                Russia ratified European Convention on Human Rights and accept and execute verdicts of the European Court of Human Rights. Even in the cases of the terrorists (like in Chechnia for example).

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by AND View Post

                  Russia ratified European Convention on Human Rights and accept and execute verdicts of the European Court of Human Rights. Even in the cases of the terrorists (like in Chechnia for example).
                  You mean that RF did not commit any war crimes during conflict in Chechnia?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Chomiq View Post
                    You mean that RF did not commit any war crimes during conflict in Chechnia?
                    I mean any war crimes in Chechnia has been prosecuted and investigated not only in Russian courts, but also in international courts.

                    My main point was - US does not allow US citizens to pursue by international courts and in the same time demands this from the other countries.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      As opposed to US doing nothing about alleged use of torture in Afghanistan and Iraq?

                      Do you recognize this:
                      https://www.hrw.org/news/2015/12/16/...lled-detainees
                      Russia has no problems with supporting that regime. 28 thousands over something like 100 tops cases in Afghanistan alone. Who's worse?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Chomiq View Post
                        As opposed to US doing nothing about alleged use of torture in Afghanistan and Iraq?
                        Of couse they did something.

                        Sorry if my english so bad. I will try once again: US offering trust them in matters of war crimes commited by their own citizens, but denied that other countries and demand international (EU\US-backed) courts and investignations. Your Syrian example is appropriate - sure Assad also doing something to investignate war crimes commited in his country.

                        To discuss Russian policy and related things - please go to the dedicated threads.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Chomiq View Post
                          Do you recognize this:
                          https://www.hrw.org/news/2015/12/16/...lled-detainees
                          Russia has no problems with supporting that regime. 28 thousands over something like 100 tops cases in Afghanistan alone. Who's worse?
                          Has been discussed in Syrian thread before.

                          http://themess.net/forum/military-di...507#post193507

                          Amnesty International reduced the figure to 17 000. But even this looks like huge overestimation. I think we can talk about several thousands of dead detainees, but certainly no tens of thousands.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Well waterboarding was certainly discussed here in the past so I so no real reason to post another thread about it.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              AND, just admit your gambit failed. You can still escape with your dignity intact.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X