Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Real War . 2nd Chechen war documentary (Need your review about translation)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real War . 2nd Chechen war documentary (Need your review about translation)

Real War . 2nd Chechen war documentary by Alexsander Sladkov (English subtitles)
    it covers events invasion in Dagestan, Grozny 99, Alkhan-Kala and battle for Komsomolskoe .

I made translation and need reviews about translation.It is my first huge work without any help.
    Is everything clear? . general impression
    Or it so terrible and must be deleted .
    Thanks .
    Last edited by DTA; 07-08-2018, 06:10 PM.

I thought that you did a really good job, but I don't speak Russian.

What a video.

War. I can see why veterans have ptsd, and as Robert E. Lee said: “It is well that war is so terrible, or we would grow too fond of it.”

Comment

As above, don't speak Russian, but the English is largely sound, some grammatical errors. Assuming the translation from Russian is accurate however.

More interesting to me is the rudimentary state of the Russians kit in '99. So different to what we had then.

Comment

I watched a good chunk of the video - it’s interesting as CD said from my couch in my safe space. Otherwise I recognized Shamil Bassayev and Emir Khattab leading the Chechen militants (or terrorists).

Seems like a good job. English also is my second tongue but despite some errors I wouldn’t delete this tremendous work.

Comment

Originally posted by DTA View Post
          I made translation and need reviews about translation.It is my first huge work without any help.
          Thanks .
          I watched it for a few minutes, so a couple of observations:
          - the translation contains minor errors, but it's still good enough
          - no subtitles are necessary for me, so don't assume everybody needs them
          - you translated the narrator, but you did not translate some people's voices

Good job and I'm going to continue watching it now. You have messed up my gym session, as I wanted to go to the gym, but now I'm watching this video instead
          Don't be ashamed of posting more videos, as many people will be interested in seeing them.
          Last edited by Musashi2; 09-08-2018, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DTA View Post
            Real War . 2nd Chechen war documentary by Alexsander Sladkov (English subtitles)
            it covers events invasion in Dagestan, Grozny 99, Alkhan-Kala and battle for Komsomolskoe .

Thanks .
            Many thanks for doing this and for posting this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy's daughter View Post

Many thanks for doing this and for posting this.
              I've just finished watching it and I want to see more. There's no need to delete anything

Comment

Thanks for the video. War is an ugly and dirty business and a lot different to how popular media typically portrays/romanticizes it.....

“Someday they'll give a war and nobody will come.” - Carl Sandburg

Comment

As I said, I want to watch more, as I have a lot of free time this week. The video did not contain any propaganda, but it was a kind of a war reportage, so I really enjoyed it. As a bonus, it's a good way of brushing up my Russian.

Comment

Working...
                  X