Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US National Museum of the Pacific War at Fredericksburg, Texas= the Nimitz Museum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US National Museum of the Pacific War at Fredericksburg, Texas= the Nimitz Museum

Mrs. C and her 2 sisters went to the Nimitz museum yesterday to see (for the first time) the metal memorial plaque dedicated to their father and grandfather and some of the museum exhibits. There are hundreds of plaques dedicated to WW2 American veterans, I assume mostly navy, marine veterans. I assisted one of her brothers in preparing the data for her father's plaque and audio recording.
    photos are slowly coming in from the trip via smartphones and digital cameras.

Mrs. C's father is the sailor on the left, her grandfather (his father who served as a cook) is on the right.

museum's web pages link: http://www.pacificwarmuseum.org/
    Last edited by commanding; 21-04-2018, 05:27 AM.

Above an HA. 19 Japanese midget submarine that ran aground during the Pearl Harbor attack.

Last edited by commanding; 21-04-2018, 06:04 AM.

Comment

GREAT PICS! Thank you C and Mrs. C............

Comment

Originally posted by JUNKHO View Post
        GREAT PICS! Thank you C and Mrs. C............
        thank you Junkho, there should be more when I get access to Mrs. C google photo cloud and her sisters photos. I know last time I was there they had a Japanese tank and an old US Sherman, though I have forgotten which version of the Sherman it is. Those cast hulls are so rare I doubt it is one of them,

Comment

Visited a few years ago. Great museum.

Comment

Thanks for the pictures. It seems only right that there is (half) a submarine outside the Nimitz museum as he was a submariner.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post
              Thanks for the pictures. It seems only right that there is (half) a submarine outside the Nimitz museum as he was a submariner.
              Author Clay Blair was a US submariner and wrote many books on history and war. He is now deceased, i got his autograph which is quite rare.

Comment

one photo I made at the same museum some years ago:

Comment

I finally got more photos than I can load on these posts, so I made a "scrolling slide show" of more photos. So go to this link and scroll down thru the photos.

link to slide show.....
                  http://imgur.com/a/2zU2PuT

enjoy......

Comment

Working...
                  X