Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nazi executioner from Wichita, KS found fame

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article193628024.html

He was thrust into the world’s spotlight at the end of World War II as the hangman for 10 Nazi war criminals. Several of them died not from broken necks as would be expected with hangings but from slow, excruciating strangulation.

The actual facts of some of the executions sound like what I've read before. I swear we had a thread on here or on MP.net once where someone posted a link to a copy of a US Army manual that had a section on, or was the specific manual for, execution methods and procedure.

Comment

Hanging was dropped as a method of execution because of problems. Let's say miscalculations. Several women who where hung, found themselves decapitated. This caused public outrage. Probably not the case here, except for later with bleeding hearts. The nazis died better than those they butchered, probably.

Comment

They should have consulted Albert Pierrepoint the British hangman, he came from a family of official executioners his Father and Grandfather being in the business.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Pierrepoint

Comment

Oh the irony of a psychopath killing Nazi psychopaths ... This is like something from a Kurt Vonnegut novel.

Karma at work I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by GB_FXST View Post
            Oh the irony of a psychopath killing Nazi psychopaths ... This is like something from a Kurt Vonnegut novel.

Karma at work I suppose.

LOL....good point. One would think the hangman would have made the rope longer after the first 9 nazis strangled rather than snapped necks?
            28 minutes is a bit long for one guy to choke to death.

Comment

Originally posted by commanding View Post

LOL....good point. One would think the hangman would have made the rope longer after the first 9 nazis strangled rather than snapped necks?
              It can't be too long either, it has to be just right being calculated for each individual.

People can gloat that it happened to nazis, but it's a poor showing for someone tasked to carry out the ultimate punishment that can be given. A quiet professional like Pierrepoint has nothing in common with this attention-wh*ring amateur. A disgrace to both the profession and the uniform.

Comment

Not near long enough for those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by riderboy View Post

Not near long enough for those guys.
                  True that......I had just as soon they get the Black Jack Ketchum treatment, considering the number of Jews, Poles, POWs, Russian soldiers, mentally handicapped etc they either shot, gassed, hanged by strangulation, piano wire hung, etc. People like Nazi war criminals deserve a little extra helping , and not a pleasant, painless death. And frankly I don't care who the executioner was. Google the images for the end result of Black Jack Ketchum hanging at Clayton New Mexico in 1901. That was an execution. Faster than a broken neck.

Comment

Google the images for the end result of Black Jack Ketchum hanging at Clayton New Mexico in 1901. That was an execution. Faster than a broken neck.
                    I'd say it's about as fast, both interrupt the spinal cord. The point of an execution is to carry out a legal verdict, not make it into a game to see how many ladies in attendance you can get to faint or vomit

Comment

Originally posted by Hollis View Post
                      Hanging was dropped as a method of execution because of problems. Let's say miscalculations. Several women who where hung, found themselves decapitated. This caused public outrage. Probably not the case here, except for later with bleeding hearts. The nazis died better than those they butchered, probably.
                      True.

Probably some of you History nerds know about the hanging by piano wire of the Valkyrie conspirators...

Read here:

http://knowledgenuts.com/2013/10/02/...ht-television/

Under Hitler’s orders, they were hung by nooses made from piano wire to ensure that they slowly strangled to death.But right before he would have died, Berthold was revived and then executed again, only to be revived and strangled again, at least a third and fourth time.And to really cap it off, all the executions were filmed so that Hitler could watch the torture-executions at his own pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeScully View Post

True.

Probably some of you History nerds know about the hanging by piano wire of the Valkyrie conspirators...

Read here:

http://knowledgenuts.com/2013/10/02/...ht-television/

Under Hitler’s orders, they were hung by nooses made from piano wire to ensure that they slowly strangled to death.But right before he would have died, Berthold was revived and then executed again, only to be revived and strangled again, at least a third and fourth time.And to really cap it off, all the executions were filmed so that Hitler could watch the torture-executions at his own pleasure.

I had not heard about the stopping and starting again, I did know about the piano wire, the filming for Adolf H. but not the start stop. The not too long ago hanging of Saddam, they used a black hood, and the drop was measured correctly (I am well aware of the calculations of weight and drop length etc) but his neck audibly snapped, broken but when the hood was removed he had a visible broken skin on his neck with some blood. And he was of course dead as Hogan's goat.

Comment

Working...
                        X