Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fall of the Berlin Wall 28 years ago

Adios Commies.

That's the event I will regret all my life not taking my car and going there.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bitogno View Post
        That's the event I will regret all my life not taking my car and going there.
        Yeah, missing out on the Hoff would have been devastating

Comment

Anniversary of a great tragedy - the loss of the Peoples Anti-Fascist Protection Wall.

Comment

Shoot these 28 year and two months ago,

Comment

Germans were stronger and faster as communists

Comment

They sure were.

Comment

Also more muscle and ahead of their time in transgender sports

Comment

Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post
                    They sure were.

Interesting that the commie team was still sponsored in a very capitalist way by BASF

Comment

Or sponsored the number tags

Comment

It pretty much could have collapsed earlier with Western Germans running to the DDR. In the early 70s USA was in the same sh*t USSR found itself in the late 80s. Namely facing economic crisis in result of cold war overexpenditures. Fortunately for you (and for us probably) comrade Brezhnev was more interested in hunting, western movies and b*tches rather than high politics and victory of communism at the time.

Comment

Stagflation is not the economic crisis you are looking for if you want the west to crash and burn like the communist block did.

Comment

It did crash. Financial system at least. Look Nixon Shock. The reasons - Space Race, Vietnam etc. The parallels with late 80s USSR are obvious. The only difference the impotent Soviet nomenclature didnt benefit from 70s crisis.

Comment

Hardly. Even at it's worst there was no danger of a collapse of the economic system. The Space Race was over by 1972 - not from a lack of money but from a lack of interest. Likewise Vietnam as far as the US public were concerned. Nixon tried some stupid things to deal with inflation - like the price freezes for example - but they were no worse (or more effective) than other whacky ideas of the time on dealing with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X