No announcement yet.

Bundeswehr / German Armed Forces General Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inkompetente Gammler - sorry I can find no other words for it.

The dumb tax payers money is there every month for them so no incentive. Kick a few out and take away their pensions.

BUT THAT IS NEVER EVER GONNA HAPPEN!

Ha ha so they continue to waste the hard earned money of the citizens. If something has to be fixed they "buy" someone to do fix. They are totally useless.

I lost every respect for these people and really have to restrain myself on every occasion I meet them or, god beware, have to work again with them.

Full of shit I tell you - totally really detached and incompetent on every level - they live in their bubble of stupid money coming at them from every corner.

A decade means nothing to them. Time just passes by as well as money - who cares?

"Ah the home improvement center has something on offer today"...well after telling everyone about it the whole morning they all leave at 14:00 to be the first ones to get..work to do? My ass...

Sadyl I am not exaggerating

Comment

• In case you haven't seen yet, the Bundeswehr legal department has prevented as serious case of corruption by Giant Easter Bunny.
      https://augengeradeaus.net/2018/05/k...fuer-die-bonn/

(I disclaim any responsibility for Picanha's ulcers)

Comment

• This is so typical. Finally one Beamter found a field of activity where he could show his prowess.

At least the bunny was broken haha - I would have even eaten a few pieces of it.

But it certainly was correctly destroyed as to not pose a threat of corruption anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by JCR View Post
          In case you haven't seen yet, the Bundeswehr legal department has prevented as serious case of corruption by Giant Easter Bunny.
          https://augengeradeaus.net/2018/05/k...fuer-die-bonn/

(I disclaim any responsibility for Picanha's ulcers)
          It's a thin line between sending easter bunnies to sending playboy bunnies.
          Ze Kamerad did a good job with destroying this pitiful display of christian science fiction!
          Did "Bonn" even think about the muslim comrades or the comrades that sexually identify as a bunny?
          Shame. Shame. Shame.

Comment

• Germany’s impending Puma Panzer problem

https://www.defensenews.com/land/201...anzer-problem/

Comment

• He should have looked up what a Puma is. It's not a "Light Tank".

Also....what a shock....I am shocked 🙄
              *deep sigh*
              Is there a way to reset back to '89?

Comment

• Richard Schön · Bundeswehrhochschule München
                I see, this " news" are an advertisement for the US Weapons lobby! 90% not true!
                And I see one might be a lecturer for laboratory technology at the Defence Academy yet be a fool regardless. Who would've thunk it that America's "weapons lobby" had the Federal Court of Auditors on its payroll?

Seriously, that right there is like a decal of what's going wrong in this country. The people at the bottom, the one's actually facing the problem, be like: We're knee-deep in shit, help us! And those not facing the problem be like: Cut the sneaky agenda, you're just a pretender!

Comment

• The Wall Street Journal has an article today stating Merkel has pledged to increase military spending to 1.5% of GDP by 2025.
                  Refresh my memory, did she not pledge 2% by 2024 just last year? Or did I just dream that up?

Comment

• Originally posted by philabos View Post
                    The Wall Street Journal has an article today stating Merkel has pledged to increase military spending to 1.5% of GDP by 2025.
                    Refresh my memory, did she not pledge 2% by 2024 just last year? Or did I just dream that up?
                    Merkel's said a lot of things only to lose sight of them if convenient. In a way, she's being helped by her earlier perfomance in office. Her being compared to Maggie Thatcher didn't come out of nowhere; for a while she used to be very strict about diverging not an inch from what she'd said she would do. Unfortunately, those memories trick many forgiving fools into still believing: I see, if she's changed her opinion something important must've happened.

In this context, that important occurence is her renewed coalition with the Social Democrats. For strategic reasons, the very same Social Democrats whose governments had made Germany join the wars in Kosovo and Afghanistan now perceive military spending as a crime against peace.

By the way, I wish Donald "too stupid to realize anything" Trump would shut his bloody trap for once 'cause his administration's handling of his demand is going to guarantee that it will not be granted. No one is going to spend 2% in these parts as no one wants to be seen as being in agreement with Trump.

As I've argued before though, I'd contend that even 2% would make no difference. Though underfunded, the Bundeswehr's biggest problem isn't a lack of funds; it's the distribution of funds.

Comment

• Damn, lot of negativity in this thread... On a more cheerful note, the German platoon on Leopard 2A6 won the Strong Europe Tank Challenge competition this year:

https://www.stripes.com/germany-blas...lenge-1.531898

Congrats to them.

Comment

• ....and it took all our remaining non-imaginary Leos to do it!

Comment

• Comment

• Seriously this tank challenge has about as much to say on real tank capabilities as Russia's tank biathlon. Probably less.
                            The only discipline missing is World of Tanks team fight

Comment

• Some days ago the Bundeswehr uploaded a video on YT about their helicopter pilots training on leased (?) civilian helicopters, It was presented as a smart solution because it would be cost-effective and efficient. No mention was made on the abysmal state of the BW's helicopters' readiness status or maintenance problems. Of course, the comment section quickly pointed out how embarassing it is to present the aircraft leasing like this when it was done not because of cost-cutting (well, not directly at least) but because the pilots would lose their licences otherwise, as they wouldn't be able to get the needed flight hours since not enough helicopters are available for training.

Comment

• Yup.
                                Poor PR department. Knowing they got to spin B.S. and that people will call them out on it.
                                Maybe if the MoD wants people to look on the BW positively then they should stop screwing around and acting like it is there for their resumes.

Comment

Working...
                                X