Ukraine Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex-deputy chief of the General Staff, Lieutenant General I. Romanenko:
    10.01.2019 USS Fort McHenry together with Romanian Navy frigate ROS Regele Ferdinand will have a series of exercises in Romanian and international waters of the Black Sea. This is clear and straightforward support of Ukraine after Kerch Strait incident. Also there were announced shipments of lethal weapons to Ukraine: Harpoon anti-ship missiles, Island-class patrol boats, etc.
    Our country leadership and Defense minister Poltorack has announced that we are planning new passages through the Kerch strait. With due preparation and assistance of our allies we'll win in any case: if we manage to pass the strait, it will demonstrate that the Azov sea is not the internal Russian lake. If not - position of Russia will be undermined. I fully support new attempts to pass the strait.

Comment

• Originally posted by vs1863 View Post
      Ex-deputy chief of the General Staff, Lieutenant General I. Romanenko:
      [COLOR=#252c2f]10.01.2019 [/COLOR]USS Fort McHenry together with Romanian Navy frigate ROS Regele Ferdinand will have a series of exercises in Romanian and international waters of the Black Sea. This is clear and straightforward support of Ukraine after Kerch Strait incident. Also there were announced shipments of lethal weapons to Ukraine: Harpoon anti-ship missiles, Island-class patrol boats, etc.

Our country leadership and Defense minister Poltorack has announced that we are planning new passages through the Kerch strait. With due preparation and assistance of our allies we'll win in any case: if we manage to pass the strait, it will demonstrate that the Azov sea is not the internal Russian lake. If not - position of Russia will be undermined. I fully support new attempts to pass the strait.
      Just lovely.

Comment

• The US Navy is back in the Black Sea, sending a message to Moscow

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-...age-to-moscow/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cowboy's daughter View Post
          The US Navy is back in the Black Sea, sending a message to Moscow

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-...age-to-moscow/
          Not sure there is any message here other than that things progressing as normal.

Comment

• Military expert A. Arestovitch:
            NATO warships have exercises in the Black Sea. At the same time Ukrainian leadership announces that our Navy will breakthrough the Kerch strait again. Is it a coincidence? I don't think so. I believe that there is a NATO-Ukrainian plan for the opening the Kerch strait for Ukraine. I am not aware about the agreed level of interaction between NATO and Ukrainian Navies, it is confidential information. Maybe it will be joint order of warships or NATO warships and warplanes will be present somewhere nearby. In any case it will be a joint operation. 500+ marines on board of the USS Fort McHenry means that NATO does not outrule landing operation. In this situation Russia is showing signs of uneasiness by urgently sending missile destroyer "Severomorsk" to the Black Sea. It is one more evidence that Russia is not ready to withstand Ukrainian and NATO joint forces.

Comment

• Patrick John Lancaster
              2 hrs ·Facebook
              #Breaking #News.
              #Ukraine has fired on a Water service (Water Donbass workers, injuring 3, while they were clearing snow near the Vasilyevsky water pumping station as reported by the #Donetsk People's Republic (#DPR) Joint Center for Control and Coordination.

Patrick John Lancaster shared a post.
              2 mins ·

#Breaking #News.
              Video from Location where
              #Ukraine has fired on Water service (Water #Donbass) workers, injuring 3 civilians and damaging a truck, while they were clearing snow near the Vasilyevsky water pumping station.

https://www.facebook.com/Plnewstoday...599185020/?t=1

Comment

• This dude is well known lunatic and no military expert at all. Please do not quote him again.
                The US ship will be most probably buzzed by some Fencers and leave the Black Sea after 21 days.

And about the passage of the Kerch straight, do as rules dictate and there will be no problems.
                Request 48 hours prior,
                Confirm your passage 24 hours prior,
                Take a local navigator on board to ship through
                AND PAY the service FEE!

Comment

• President P. Poroshenko about Javelins' effectiveness:

In the past, Ukrainian positions were fired from tanks, but as soon as they discovered that the Javelins arrived to Ukraine, Russian tankers refused to leave for combat positions.

Comment

• President P. Poroshenko about Russian language:
                    There were many questions about language quotas on radio and TV. There is no violation of freedom of expression. Ukrainian mass media should be in Ukrainian. If you do not agree - go to Russia.

One more opinion about languages.
                    ex-MP I. Farion:

Q: What would you say to people who says: "Why anybody cares what language I speak?"
                    A: Nothing. I'll take off my shoe and slap in the face. No need to discuss anything with them. They are responsible for the war, for 11,000 killed Ukrainians. We need to realize the idea of the Czech president T. Masaryk who once said:" If you do not want to speak Czech, take a train and leave the country for good". If you do not want to speak Ukrainian, go to Russia. The borders are still opened.
                    Last edited by vs1863; 11-01-2019, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• Ivan Katchanovski
                      Facebook

The Russiagate investigation after it failed to reveal evidence of collusion between Trump and Russia now moves to investigate Ukrainian politicians who attended the Trump inauguration for evidence of such collusion between Trump and Russia. And the NYT continues to feed paranoia to partisans and misrepresent Ukrainian politics by calling Ukrainian oligarchs and other opportunistic politicians, including an ex-Right Sector sponsor and another ex-Right Sector speaker, as "Russia-aligned" in order to keep alive the conspiracy theory about the collusion between Trump and Russia.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/10/u...uguration.html

Comment

• Originally posted by username View Post

This dude is well known lunatic and no military expert at all. Please do not quote him again.
                        The US ship will be most probably buzzed by some Fencers and leave the Black Sea after 21 days.
                        Correction 5 days.
                        The ship left Black Sea.
                        source:
                        https://cee.liveuamap.com/en/2019/11...sea-consistent

Comment

• Ivan Katchanovski
                          Facebook

A far right organization, which serves as a political wing of the neo-Nazi-led Azov regiment, got official status of election observers during the 2019 presidential elections. Both of them are linked to the influential minister of internal affairs,
                          There are some reports that Avakov offered Tymoshenko to use police and far right organizations under his control to secure her election as president of Ukraine in exchange for a de facto amnesty and preservation of his wast wealth. His defection from the ruling regime is not certain at this point but such defections are likely for such reasons because many expect transition of power to Tymoshenko. The far right in Ukraine is likely again to demonstrate during the presidential election their large influence in Ukraine as they did during the violent overthrow of the Yanukovych government.

https://www.capital.ua/ru/news/12304...ami-prezidenta

Comment

• Mass production of new Vilkha rockets has begun:

https://en.interfax.com.ua/news/general/558216.html
                            Minister of Defense of Ukraine Stepan Poltorak has announced the launch of mass production of a multiple-rocket system Vilkha.
                            "In December, we received an additional resource – UAH 4 billion for the purchase of new types of weapons and military equipment. We are already starting mass production of Vilkha missile system. Experimental design work continues in many other projects that will significantly improve our abilities," he told the government newspaper Uriadovy Kurier, published on Thursday.

Comment

• Considering how rife corruption in Ukraine is, I wonder what the efficacy of budgetary expenditure really is. Judging by this:

I would rather trust a teenager with a credit card than the current crop of retards governing Ukraine with taxpayer's money.

I imagine that being close to the "feeding trough" in Ukraine is quite lucrative.

Comment

• Turkish firm to sell drones to Ukraine in $69 million deal
                                https://www.defensenews.com/unmanned...-million-deal/

ANKARA, Turkey — Baykar Makina, a privately owned Turkish drone maker, has won a contract to sell six Bayraktar TB2 UAVs to Ukraine, Turkish and Ukrainian officials have announced.

The $69 million contract for the sale was signed between Baykar Makina and Ukrspetsproekt, Ukraine’s state-run armament agency.

Turkish officials said the deal also involves the sale of ammunition for the armed version of the Bayraktar TB2.
                                The Bayraktar TB2 is a medium-altitude, long-range tactical UAV system. It was developed by Kale-Baykar, a joint venture of Baykar Makina and the Kale Group. The UAV operates as a platform for conducting reconnaissance and intelligence missions. Recently, Baykar Makina launched a naval version of the TB2.

Comment

Working...
                                X