No announcement yet.

Syrian War

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syrian Amnesty! Assad Pardons 40,000 Former Rebels, Allows Surrender and Return Home

Comment

• Originally posted by north44 View Post
      Once upon a time, it was said the West was fighting in a "gloves on" attitude.

Now they have most of the IS literally surrounded in the open, in around 500 sq meters in that shithole place called Baghuz. That's literally 25 x 20 meters... let's make it 1 square kilometer. That's 33 x 33 meters. It's said hundreds of this vermin are packed there, in the open... and again the West grants its mercy.

Damn what do they expect for a godamned air raid!? I think a single 2000 pounder GBU would do the trick. ...and don't come with the "civilians BS" because no one, NO ONE is a fuc*ing civilian there. Not even kids. They incinerated Hiroshima and Nagasaki to cut it short and those were plenty of civvies... even POWs.

Let's keep dropping 5-6 GBUs on deserted and isolated IS flags...

Not trying to be a dick, but 1 sq.km is 1,000,000 sq.m, not 1000 sq.m, i.e 1000 m in width and 1000 m in length, if we are talking about a perfect square...

Comment

• Originally posted by kap-the-head View Post

Not trying to be a dick, but 1 sq.km is 1,000,000 sq.m, not 1000 sq.m, i.e 1000 m in width and 1000 m in length, if we are talking about a perfect square...
        I had a big WTF moment as well. In the country where I was born, 10-year children are taught what a sq km is.

Comment

• Everyone learns tons of things, but on occasions can make a mistake. No need to play the big man. Fix the point and move on as the one above.

Yeah well got it wrong with the square km because I was thinking of the 500 square meters that is the last quote from the SDF I read. And that yes it is 25x20.... Basically a big house.

Still no understanding of this stand off against such a vermin.

Comment

• https://www.militarytimes.com/flashp...ense-minister/

DAMASCUS, Syria — Syria’s defense minister on Monday slammed what he called the “illegitimate” U.S. military presence in his country, vowing that Damascus has a right to self-defense, while Iraq said a border crossing with Syria will open in the coming days.

Syria's Gen. Ali Ayoub spoke during a rare joint news conference with visiting Iranian and Iraqi army commanders who have been holding meetings in the capital, Damascus.

Comment

• Baghouz falls, SDF claims ISIS ceases to exist as a territorial entity:

https://twitter.com/AFP_Beirut/statu...57522538905601

Comment

• GREAT!!!
                But unfortunately not good riddance as yet. Hard to destroy fanatical convictions with guns and bombs. Then there is the issue of ISIS mothers and children burning inside with the loss of their revered husbands and fathers. Sure, no way that's not gonna come back to bite us in the ass.

Anyway, this has loooong moved passed being an anti-terror operation. That excuse became just a fig-leaf years ago by those exploiting the mess in Syria, jostling for geo-political advantages. A high moral justification used as cover to (deliberately) further fan the flames of insurgency and extremism, then pour gasoline over it for good measure.

Comment

• At Hama, 21 person have been reported suffering from gas intoxication.

Comment

• Originally posted by slasher View Post
                    GREAT!!!
                    But unfortunately not good riddance as yet. Hard to destroy fanatical convictions with guns and bombs. Then there is the issue of ISIS mothers and children burning inside with the loss of their revered husbands and fathers. Sure, no way that's not gonna come back to bite us in the ass.

Anyway, this has loooong moved passed being an anti-terror operation. That excuse became just a fig-leaf years ago by those exploiting the mess in Syria, jostling for geo-political advantages. A high moral justification used as cover to (deliberately) further fan the flames of insurgency and extremism, then pour gasoline over it for good measure.
                    What strikes me is the lack of coverage in the MSM. For years, the necessity of defeating the evil monster of ISIS was all over the news, but now that the caliphate is for all intends and purposes dead...tumbleweeds. Just like Iraq's WMDs that we not found in 2003. Silence in the media then as well. We all know that these were just excuses for intervention then and now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred333 View Post

What strikes me is the lack of coverage in the MSM. For years, the necessity of defeating the evil monster of ISIS was all over the news, but now that the caliphate is for all intends and purposes dead...tumbleweeds.

CBS:

Sky News:

NBC:

CNN:

EuroNews:

Meanwhile, RT:
                      "It is ‘outrageous’ that King’s College London (KCL) singled out pro-Palestinian student activists and blocked their access cards ahead of the Queen’s visit to the campus as a ‘security measure,’ one student who was barred told RT."

Comment

• The Syrian Arab Army on Sunday continued its military operations against terrorist groups in southern Idleb and northern Hama in response to their repeated violations of de-escalation zone agreement, inflicting losses upon them in personnel and equipment.
                        SANA reporter said that the army units destroyed dens of Jabhat al-Nusra terrorists, killed ten of them in the vicinity of Gergnaz in southern Idleb and destroyed weapons and ammunition were in their possession.
                        In northern Hama, the reporter added, the army units carried out a precise operation on the direction of al-Nusra terrorists’ movements in al-Karkat village, eliminating a number of terrorist groups and destroying their weapons and equipment.

https://sana.sy/en/?p=161616

Comment

• Originally posted by nemipuka View Post

CBS:

Sky News:

NBC:

CNN:

EuroNews:

Meanwhile, RT:
                          "It is ‘outrageous’ that King’s College London (KCL) singled out pro-Palestinian student activists and blocked their access cards ahead of the Queen’s visit to the campus as a ‘security measure,’ one student who was barred told RT."

my bad, I was focused on Dutch online newspapers:

nrc.nl ...tumbleweeds
                          volkskrant.nl .....tumbleweeds
                          trouw.nl ...........tumbleweeds
                          parool.nl ...........tumbleweeds
                          telegraaf.nl ...........tumbleweeds
                          ad.nl ...............tumbleweeds

maybe this is just a particular dutch situation then

Comment

nrc.nl ...tumbleweeds

I guess it's a little better than the situation when that other hotspot of terrorism - Aleppo was taken.

Then the English-language media went on and on about the poor suffering rebels, the crimes of the regime and the humanity of it all.

Comment

nrc.nl ...tumbleweeds

It wasn't frontpage news but I saw reports in every newspaper you name here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flaahgra View Post

It wasn't frontpage news but I saw reports in every newspaper you name here.
                                Paper or online version? I guess the elections with the extreme right party of baudet winning many votes pushed it off the frontpage

Comment

Working...
                                X