Syrian War

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kiri View Post

Where did you find a conspiracy theory in my post? I stated an observation of forum member behavior in relation to how the fight against ISIS is being treated.
    Everything Israel does is right, everything Assad does is wrong.
    Backpedal much?

Of course, I and others support Israel.

Look in the mirror, and consider your support of bloody Assad and bloody IRGC.

I will say it again and again: you don't have the moral high ground, and if you take that line of discussion, I will call you out on hypocrisy.

That you respond with a slur simply proves my point.

Comment

• Originally posted by DasVivo View Post

Not really, the idea a singular Su-22 was going to pose a threat to Israel when the utmost realistic reason for its flight was against the ISIS targets next door is pushing credibility - and that is taking the Israeli Government on its word that it crossed the border too....

The more likely outcome was it momentarily crossed the border or strayed whilst attacking targets - Israeli Radars would no doubt be able to tell this....

Just like hitting Syrian Troops that sometimes fire stray shots over the border - again these can be expected given fighting just next to the border etc....

That Israel attacks these targets no matter how disproportionately suggests an intent to make a statement not about any actual threat posed.....

One is a zero tollerance to anything that crosses the border no matter how small
      Two is that Israel wants the Iranians and Syrians to know that it WILL hit them, that they do not have freedom of action especially in its immediate vacinity...

Beyond this is very likely a desire to see them weaker and attrited...

That they aren't striking every target doesn't change this IMHO, it simply means they will ensure it has some justification
      Apparently, some simple facts need to be reiterated on a daily basis:

- the border is hot

- a state of war exists between Syria and Israel

- Iran, IRGC, Hezbollah, etc. are enemies

- the primary objective of the IDF is to protect Israel

BTW, please explain how downing a SU-22 with a Patriot is a disproportionate response. I think your exact phrase was "no matter how disproportionately".

You make it sound as though Israel nuked Damascus ... Perhaps your criticism here is disproportionate?

Really guys, these are very, very simple concepts.

Comment

• Originally posted by north44 View Post
        everytime it comes to "...but the Iranians..." like they were a relevant force or have a real interest in destroying Israel... I keep thinking the only reason was to kick a major oil supplier out to rise the oil price a little bit so the rest of the oil industry/states can benefit.

Anyway from a military standpoint, I see Patiots or F-16s/18s going up and catching their targets most of the times. I see S-400/300/MiG-29/Su-30/35 staying silent or grounded and the rest, composed of S-200, S-125, Buk, Kub, Patsir, etc finding a target after scores of missiles missed. ...that's a big technology gap.
        Stick to military level analysis. I mean it as a compliment.

In your opinion, Iran is just bluster. Okay.

The decision makers in Jerusalem think differently, with good reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamming_python View Post

Probably no more than destroying a Pantsir-S1 with its radar off and its crew having a smoke outside while leaving the vehicle wide out in the open, or ambushing a Su-22 with Patriot missiles while it was out bombing rebels.

An ambush?

Bullshit.

No instead, the SAA is still plagued by fundamental incompetence and/or hubris despite all the years of this civil war.

How is it possible that Syrian AF staff officers do not realize the danger of sending a combat plane too close to the Israeli border?

Comment

• Originally posted by GB_FXST View Post
            Backpedal much?
            Backpedal where and what?

Originally posted by GB_FXST View Post
            Of course, I and others support Israel.

Look in the mirror, and consider your support of bloody Assad and bloody IRGC.
            I looked in the mirror, and it told me Israel acts like a prick on the international arena.

I will say it again and again: you don't have the moral high ground, and if you take that line of discussion, I will call you out on hypocrisy.
            I'll be happy if you'd point out my hypocrisy, and please do so in discrete details. I'm prepared for a good laugh.

Comment

Backpedal where and what?

I looked in the mirror, and it told me Israel acts like a prick on the international arena.

I'll be happy if you'd point out my hypocrisy, and please do so in discrete details. I'm prepared for a good laugh.
              You engaged in an Anti-Semitic slur. Own it, or not. I know all I need to know about your character.

Your hypocrisy is the suggestion that Assad has clean hands.

Understand that every single country acts in itself interest. So Israel's self interest driven behavior is no different than say Russia's self interested behavior.

Again, Syria is an enemy; Iran is an enemy. Get it through your head.

Why you think Israel would jeopardize it's own interests is mind boggling.

Comment

You engaged in an Anti-Semitic slur.
                I'm engaged in just about as much "Anti-Semitic" slur as you are engaged in Anti-Muslim slur. Although, to be realistic, considering that all I want is for Israel to play fair and not hinder another state's efforts to destroy ISIS, it's hardly even comparable to your level of hatred of everything Muslim and everything Iran/Syria.

At most it's called misrepresentation or misleading. Please go look up the meaning of the word "hypocrisy" in a dictionary.
                No politician has clean hands, not even Mr. Holy Mary Netanyahu.
                What kind of hands a politician has doesn't give Israel the moral high-ground or justifications to act like a prick.

Understand that every single country acts in itself interest. So Israel's self interest driven behavior is no different than say Russia's self interested behavior.
                Every country acted in absolute self-interest in Medieval times. Gladly we've long passed those times. Surely, today the North-Atlantic alliance attempts to act in absolute self-interest due to being drunk on power that came with the collapse of the bipolar world order... but even those drunk on power tread carefully, as opposed to Israel that treats international affairs like an elephant treats a dish shop.

The whole world is full of conflicts in which each state treats another as an enemy. There's plenty of unresolved conflicts, frozen conflicts, disputed territory, even ongoing genocide, but nobody acts like Israel acts.

I know it's mind boggling for Israel. Since Israel is a nation above all nations, and may the whole world burn in hell as long as Israel gets its way, right?

Comment

• Assad´s regime is´nt big on human rights and is officially an enemy of Israel, but the IS is morally much worse...and has performed attacks on Europe and the USA while Assad not so much.

I hope Israel won´t block the cleaning of this pocket of terrorists.I would be very dissapointed in Israel if in an extremely cynical realpolitic they woud create a terrorist safe haven. The Golan border was always tense, but before the civil war, things were fluid. I understand Israel does´nt want to see the Iranians and their proxies there, but the syrian army has all legitimacy to return to its previous positions and wipe out the scum that Israel shields.

I´m pretty sure the Russians want that pocket cleaned as well. can´t it be agreed between them and Israel to make sure the Iranians stay at bay...

Comment

I'm engaged in just about as much "Anti-Semitic" slur as you are engaged in Anti-Muslim slur. Although, to be realistic, considering that all I want is for Israel to play fair and not hinder another state's efforts to destroy ISIS, it's hardly even comparable to your level of hatred of everything Muslim and everything Iran/Syria.

At most it's called misrepresentation or misleading. Please go look up the meaning of the word "hypocrisy" in a dictionary.
                    No politician has clean hands, not even Mr. Holy Mary Netanyahu.
                    What kind of hands a politician has doesn't give Israel the moral high-ground or justifications to act like a prick.

Every country acted in absolute self-interest in Medieval times. Gladly we've long passed those times. Surely, today the North-Atlantic alliance attempts to act in absolute self-interest due to being drunk on power that came with the collapse of the bipolar world order... but even those drunk on power tread carefully, as opposed to Israel that treats international affairs like an elephant treats a dish shop.

The whole world is full of conflicts in which each state treats another as an enemy. There's plenty of unresolved conflicts, frozen conflicts, disputed territory, even ongoing genocide, but nobody acts like Israel acts.

I know it's mind boggling for Israel. Since Israel is a nation above all nations, and may the whole world burn in hell as long as Israel gets its way, right?
                    You are Russian, right?

When you criticize Putin with half the level of scrutiny you apply to Israel then, and only then, will I take your comment to be something other than the rant of a frustrated fan boi.

Until then, remember that Israel is not beholden to Mother Russia .. Such are the geopolitical realities in the early 21st Century.

Best come to terms with it.

Comment

That effort was quite unsuccessful. Syrian air space is continuously raided by intruders, call them US, Arab allies, Turkey, Israel even Iraq.
                      You see the gap by analysing how upgradable Western equipment is compared to the difficulty in upgrading Soviet/Russian stuff. Most of the USAF F-16/15 are old, from the Eighties. The Patriot system is not that younger than the S-200. But they were conceived since the beginning with the future in mind.
                      ...and the results... What an amazing difference!
                      Also got to consider that foreign aircraft operate by permission and a decision to end military 'cooperation' has yet to be made. Israel used this to get into Syria undetected through faking Coaiition IFF. And a difference in performance arises if Russia grants or withholds real time radar data.. etc, complex situation.

Seems death toll in Sweida reached 166. Safe to assume that any IS pockets will now not be tolerated and explanation needed as to how they supply and reinforce in the desert. RuAF now bombs the Quneitra pocket.

Comment

The result does not change.
                        They do by limiting Israeli losses which would be higher if Israel would rely on the "tech gap".

Originally posted by north44 View Post
                        On the other side as soon as an intruder comes in ("in" being Israel, Turkey or even Syrian airspace proper, but under "US self proclaimed mandate), it is downed within very few minutes if not seconds. That's a fact.
                        What is a fact is that they can ambush Syrian aircrafts who strike targets in Syria and do not expect to be attacked by others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Telmar View Post
                          Assad´s regime is´nt big on human rights and is officially an enemy of Israel, but the IS is morally much worse...and has performed attacks on Europe and the USA while Assad not so much.

I hope Israel won´t block the cleaning of this pocket of terrorists.I would be very dissapointed in Israel if in an extremely cynical realpolitic they woud create a terrorist safe haven. The Golan border was always tense, but before the civil war, things were fluid. I understand Israel does´nt want to see the Iranians and their proxies there, but the syrian army has all legitimacy to return to its previous positions and wipe out the scum that Israel shields.

I´m pretty sure the Russians want that pocket cleaned as well. can´t it be agreed between them and Israel to make sure the Iranians stay at bay...

Syrian Government has hunted down & systematically murdered pro democracy activists, thier friends & family, & anybody thought to be associated with them. Look at how confident the Syrian Government is last few weeks in admitting many peoples family members arrested died in prision. SAA doesnt always commit these crimes, but the gangs & intelligence units terrorized pro opposition communities with such a level of sexual violence, they are the same as Daesh (ISIS) in terms of morals. Lets not forget that ISIS cohesive command structure in the past was helped set up by former Saddam officials & officers, who are quite brutal , & employ sexual violence with the same level of depravity. I feel bad for the victims, as they caught between a relentless government , & jihadis.

Comment

• Speaking of ISIS, they murdered civilians & killed Syrian Regime forces in Suweida. Death toll seems to high (in the hundreds )as multiple pro-government groups are posting photos of fighters who were killed. seems to be one of the biggest attacks by ISIS in years.

Comment

You are Russian, right?

When you criticize Putin with half the level of scrutiny you apply to Israel then, and only then, will I take your comment to be something other than the rant of a frustrated fan boi.

Until then, remember that Israel is not beholden to Mother Russia .. Such are the geopolitical realities in the early 21st Century.

Best come to terms with it.
                              I wish I had his amazing insight of the morality of the International System.

Comment

You engaged in an Anti-Semitic slur. Own it, or not. I know all I need to know about your character.

Why is victim mentality so widespread amongst Jews? Every time someone dares to criticise the foreign or domestic politics of Israel, the shrill cries of "Anti-Semitism" are always not far behind.
                                Here is one for you: I believe the recent "nation-state" law is abhorrent, any Israeli politician that supports the spirit of the law to be a shortsighted retard, and the routine inequality and hardships faced by non-Jewish Israelis as something that needs to be strongly condemned and rectified.
                                Does that automatically make me an anti-Semite? If so, then judging from the vocal protests of many citizens of Israel, it looks like you have plenty of anti-Semite Jews living right in the heart of your homeland.

And what interests were furthered by shooting down a Su-22? Can you list them?

Comment

Working...
                                X