Syrian War

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's say it is true.

Putin won't have the balls for a serious escalation, he's a competent leader but cold blooded and as the article says, would only press the issue of dozens of deaths that if he perceives that Russia has something to gain from it. Otherwise whatever; mercs are just cannon fodder as far as he, the Russian government and MoD are concerned.

But Russians in general are not like that, they're emotional - and will certainly push for confrontation. It would be a truly massive scandal and could spell trouble for our government.

But knowing Russia I doubt it's covering anything substantial up. It would be stupid to think that it could cover anything up either - considering that Russia is too open a country for that.
    If anything substantial happened then it would have reciprocated, at least in some way. And it's hard to believe that the US would make such a serious error in judgement either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kilgor View Post
      You know Zero Hedge is either indirectly or directly a Russian mouthpiece?

Try and find ANY story critical of Russia. I have been reading it for years and cannot remember one.
      Ahh so Debka 2.0 is suddenly more credible now by running a story that has enough holes that you can sail an aircraft through.

Gotcha.

Comment

Try and find ANY story critical of Russia. I have been reading it for years and cannot remember one.
        Why should there be one?

Considering that 95% of the rest of media only do stories that are critical of Russia (and China, Iran and the usual suspects), and are therefore American mouthpieces.

Comment

• Prove me wrong...

Post some articles where Zero Hedge has been negative or critical of Russia.

Comment

• Almost 200 Russian groundforces?!
            Arent those in Syria mostly composed of operators and firesuppport personal?
            As they support/mentoring and rather let the Syrians do the dirty work it would't make a lot of sence.
            Till now the Russians have proven that their reorganisation had It's effects, their intervention is very impressing. The only reason for this weird story could be that they want to open a second front in the flank of the SDF.

Comment

• A really bad English translation from Roman Saponkov the guy who showed damage caused by the militant attack on the airfield about the clashes in DEZ:
              The bubbling of shit about the death of Russian PWCs in Syria continues. I have already written a post that there must be at least 300 wounded per 100 killed. And as many survivors (at least).

Those. Almost a full-fledged regiment was allegedly operating in the area of ​​the operation. This is nonsense. Secondly, do you imagine that such a withdrawal of 100-200 corpses? A person is 300-600 wounded? For their export, you need almost the composition of sanitary wagons. In the absence of railroads, aviation plays the role of transport. How many corpses will fit in the IL-76? Live people are placed in the area of ​​200 people, the bodies lie on a stretcher, you can safely multiply by two. Those. should have flown at least 2-3 Il-76 only with corpses. Where are they? And the wounded? It's 300-600 wounded. After the New Year's attack on Khmeimim, two sides were slaughtered, wounded, and there were 20 wounded people there. In our case, multiply the number of sides by 10. Was sending 10 "scalpels" from Khmeimim?

And 2-3 "Black Tulips"? And before sending the body you need to store it in the morgue of Jable or Latakia. And after arriving in Rostov. In the modern world, when the camera is in each iron, the information is not concealed. Where are the photos of the corpses? And the wounded - they had to scatter over Rostov, Moscow, Peter, Omsk, Tomsk and beyond. At least one policeman would remove the arrival of a sad cargo from Syria. There is nothing. And the funeral? Do you imagine what it is like to bury 100-200 young boys? Especially, considering that most of the PWCs are from any Red Zadrishchensk and Malye Perdy. Yes there the whole city will come to the funeral.

The network must dozens of videos. And even if the parents and relatives of the deceased receive a penny for silence, they will be intimidated, friends, loved ones, classmates will piss out on the net, especially when 100-200 coffins and a hundred amputees will go around the country. Where is all this?
              I'm told that the ratio was not 1 dead per 3 wounded, because peasants finished off 4 hours. OK. Show me at least one helicopter, which can fight for 4 hours. And do they receive shells by entering cheat codes? And if they leave, while another wave is going on, everyone will sit on the battlefield like sheep, and wait for them to start mutating again? Or go / regroup? And where is the confidence that aviation will mop up all life? Two and a half years of participation of our VKS did not lead anyone to think that aviation is not a panacea? That the old-good law that the territory is considered to be captured, only when the infantry's eggs hang over it, even works.

Whether it's Vietnam, Afghanistan, Chechnya or Syria. Yes in the constellation of Centauri it will work. Just the eggs of an infantryman will be replaced by rollers of an anthropoid robot.
              Another such moment, there are near Syrian air defense (which in another province shot down as many as F-16 Jews), perhaps, Russian Pantsiri. Haha amers to test fate and 4 hours to hang over the battlefield, changing the helicopters for the production of ammunition? Wait, what's coming? Or that from the rear to pull up the lads with MANPADS and zhahnut on the hanging target?

What was there? Here Tazik (http://tass.com/world/989092) writes that Syrian troops and militiamen were hit east of Salihia. And then everyone writes, including the Ministry of Defense, that the blow was struck east of Hsham and Et-Tabiya, near the Konoko refinery. I enclose the map. The spread is 80 kilometers. "Washington Post" with reference to the Kurdish field commander writes (https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../i...bad-fai.../...) about a fight 50 miles southeast of Deir Ez- Zora. Either people in Russia and abroad do not understand at all what is happening and where they are, or the confusion has arisen because of the different presentation of information for the media. Could there be two fights? Theoretically could. In one Syrians were killed, in another 20-30 people were crushed.

Even that confused. Funeral ISIS Hunterov. This is a purely media project. When our PMC clean up the territory, this should be shown to the media. They launch Syrians, who shout joyfully, raise flags. Give media cravings, in general. ISIS Hunters for this and were conceived. Never and nowhere did they figure in the summaries of the battles, except for the illumination of Prigogine's bodings for oil and gas. And then the funeral. Or even the production, which is unlikely, or they were collected for another show-off, to report on the capture of another barkhana in the middle of the desert, but did not burn out a bit.

Who else could benefit from throwing in a hundred dead? To the enemies of Prigogine. No wonder that the same Alexander Rogers, a regular propagandist of Prigozhin, broke out in an angry article with a refutation of the fact of the death of Prigogine's musicians. Those. quite the musicians could get under the distribution - by chance or they were framed - and further enemies of Prigogine threw a fake about 100 dead. In this favor is evidence of a massive throw-in to me in a personal version of this version from people who were previously seen on the throwing of pro-Kremlin propaganda and deza.

Summarizing, despite the general hysteria, I do not believe in 100-200 dead. This is a loss at the level of the Great Patriotic War, and, first half. Aviation is not all-powerful. To iron for 4 hours the battlefield can not by virtue of the laws of physics (refueling, recharging, etc.) and elementary security. If there was no control of the battlefield, there could not be so many dead. It is necessary to search for the beneficiaries of the stuffing inside the country.
              https://www.reddit.com/r/syriancivil...ved_killed_in/

Comment

• Originally posted by flamming_python View Post

Why should there be one?

Considering that 95% of the rest of media only do stories that are critical of Russia (and China, Iran and the usual suspects), and are therefore American mouthpieces.
                Excuse me?

Zero Hedge is largely a fiscal / monetary based website. They are highly critical of the modern economy, Central banking and Government.

You can find negative (and often correct) stories about the state of the US, EU, Japanese and Chinese economies and govenence. You will never find a story critical of the Russian government or economy. Never. Sometimes it's not what you say but what you don't say that speaks more.

And of course BRICS were going to rule the world... Until that narrative fell to shit.

Are you trying to tell me that Russian government is perfect, the economy is great and there is no issue in Russia that needs the spot light ?

Let's start with one minor example. The Russian space program is beset by failures and curruption. Find me a story on Zero Hedge... But they cover the malfunctioning Chinese space station.

Comment

Why should there be one?

Media not critical of the US ? Which ones. I bet I can find a story in seconds ?

All mouth, no proofs.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/ReutersWorld/sta...01671266570240

Macron says 'France will strike' if there is proof chemical weapons used in Syria

Comment

• The Russians supposedly killed by an airstrike in Syria makes big headlines on CNN, lets call it a reliable source.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/13/m...ntl/index.html

So somthing happened? The rest is just speculation about the numbers of Paramilitary, Merc KIA.

Regrettable, of course they were ''only'' mercs but still, these guys had family and friends up in Russia who can confirm what happened.

James Mattis statement, from the same article:

''US puzzled

US Defense Secretary General James Mattis has said that the US was puzzled by the attack near Deir Ezzor last week.

"The Russians told us they had no forces there initially. I think that's still the case but we don't have full clarity on what the regime forces are doing there," Mattis said over the weekend.

The US and Russian militaries have de-confliction channels to prevent accidental clashes in Syria and alert each other to movements.''
                      Last edited by JakeScully; 13-02-2018, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeScully View Post
                        The Russians killed by an airstrike in Syria makes big headlines on CNN, lets call it a reliable source.
                        It's not a reliable source - it's all from the same source.

And the US Defence Secretary General doesn't have the whole story either, he's not confirming or denying the reports of Russian mercs present.

This story is funny so I'd wait to see some proof before jumping to conclusions.

Comment

And the US Defence Secretary General doesn't have the whole story either, he's not confirming or denying the reports of Russian mercs present.

This story is funny so I'd wait to see some proof before jumping to conclusions.
                          I agree. Posted too fast, and could edit to ''supposedly KIA'' but ultimately anything like 100-200 russian KIA is mere sensationalism and propaganda as said before.

If really 200 Russians were killed in a single airstrike by the US, I would expect some political reaction from Putin. A statement, something. But we are at the age of twitter and fake news...

For now we are left with breadcrumbs so wait and see...

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeScully View Post
                            The Russians supposedly killed by an airstrike in Syria makes big headlines on CNN, lets call it a reliable source.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/13/m...ntl/index.html

So somthing happened? The rest is just speculation about the numbers of Paramilitary, Merc KIA.

Regrettable, of course they were ''only'' mercs but still, these guys had family and friends up in Russia who can confirm what happened.

James Mattis statement, from the same article:

''US puzzled

US Defense Secretary General James Mattis has said that the US was puzzled by the attack near Deir Ezzor last week.

"The Russians told us they had no forces there initially. I think that's still the case but we don't have full clarity on what the regime forces are doing there," Mattis said over the weekend.

The US and Russian militaries have de-confliction channels to prevent accidental clashes in Syria and alert each other to movements.''
                            Here is one for captain obvious.

Maybe there weren't supposed to be there, Russia said they had no forces in the area. They got bombed.

Comment

Here is one for captain obvious.

Maybe there weren't supposed to be there, Russia said they had no forces in the area. They got bombed.
                              It was very apparent that there must be some elements of Russian forces (merc or otherwise) present near DeZ. After all, that pontoon bridge over the Euphrates at DeZ didn't just appear out of thin air and maintenance of it is obviously required. It would also be mighty convenient for the US/SDF if that SAA bridgehead on their side of the river would somehow disappear, which is why I believe the story about SAA/Merc attack to be patently BS and is nothing more than an excuse to erase that bridgehead by making the SAA positions on the SDF side of the river untenable.

Comment

seems to mention a couple of sources including relatives of the dead
                                A US air and artillery strike has killed Russian combatants in the first lethal violence in Syria between the two nuclear powers, according to sources on both sides.

Comment

Working...
                                X