No announcement yet.

Syrian War

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I'll be damned. It wasn't just all over the usual Russian media, but even Russian state media now reports on this hilarious fiasco and the MoD actually issued a statement:
    http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/4728484

Supposedly the social media stuff is outsourced to a civilian IT company and they're investigating one of their guys.

Comment

• They should hire the same firm KSA hires, it has managed to sell a genocidal war as a righteous intervention.

Comment

• Originally posted by moosefoot View Post
        Supposedly the social media stuff is outsourced to a civilian IT company and they're investigating one of their guys.
        That's about what I expected. Seen such stuff happen before where in civilian sector some company had to distance themselves from their own social media people posting personal political opinion stuff over the company twitter account.
        But come on - a vital organ of the Russian government letting some hacks post conspiracy theories over their account? And they only noticed how retarded it was only after the rest of the world had a good laugh at their expense? I don't think that explanation makes things any better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xaito View Post
          But come on - a vital organ of the Russian government letting some hacks post conspiracy theories over their account? And they only noticed how retarded it was only after the rest of the world had a good laugh at their expense? I don't think that explanation makes things any better.
          Apparently, that vital organ did not consider its account that vital.

At least now they are paying more attention and posted the right photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitleser1987 View Post

Apparently, that vital organ did not consider its account that vital.

At least now they are paying more attention and posted the right photos.
            Are they made by NOKIA 3310?

----------

Their propaganda is actually even more retarded than using fake photos,

"Last week, the Syrian Arab Army supported by the Russian Aerospace Forces has liberated Abu Kamal. The operation ascertained facts of direct cooperation and support provided by the US-led coalition to the ISIS terrorists.
            The ISIS numerous armed formations fleeing strikes of Russian aircraft and the Syrian Arab Army were leaving Abu Kamal for Wadi al-Sabha passage located at Syrian-Iraqi border.
            Command staff of the Russian force grouping in Syria sent two requests to the US-led coalition HQ to hold combined operation in order to eliminate fleeing ISIS convoys on eastern shore of the Euphrates.
            The American side clearly refused to carry out strikes on terrorists because ‘militants surrendered voluntarily’ and their actions were assessed in accordance with the provisions of the Geneva Convention relative to the Treatment of Prisoners of War.
            However, the American side has failed to answer the question asked by the Russian side: why the ISIS terrorists left Syria on combat vehicles with heavy armament were regrouping in the coalition-controlled territories and preparing for new attacks against the SAA near Abu Kamal.
            Moreover, in order to allow the terrorists to hide from Russian and Syrian strikes, the coalition’s aircraft tried to interfere with the Russian Aerospace Forces’ actions in the area.
            The US-led Coalition Air Force entered the 15-km zone around Abu Kamal to interrupt operation of the Russian aircraft.
            Though the flight ban for the US-led coalition in the zone has been earlier agreed and approved by the Combined Air Operations Center in al-Udeid, Qatar.
            With these actions by the US-led coalition, it is clear that offensive of the SAA towards Abu Kamal has upset the US plans to establish the US-supported authorities beyond the Syrian government’s power in order to control the eastern shore of the Euphrates.
            At the same time, it was the ISIS units that should have acted as local US-backed forces which control the city. The SDF formations’ flags found in Abu Kamal prove that the ISIS militants had disguised in colors of the SDF.
            This is the irrefutable evidence that there is no struggle against terrorism as the whole global community believes. The US are actually covering the ISIS combat units to recover their combat capabilities, redeploy, and use them to promote the American interests in the Middle East."
            https://www.facebook.com/mod.mil.rus...07062896203123

Comment

• Originally posted by kalerab View Post

It was so secret that all news had that story a month ago.
              Even longer than that but those reports were generally originating from Russian\Iranian\Syrian sources and therefore lacked credence.
              But my suspicions have been there for a while after seeing so many of these videos posted by Iraqi's

Comment

• I guess Russian complaints have some basis in reality then. But oh noes if SAA/Hezzies do the same. End of the world

Comment

• The Russian MoD is, apart from woefully incompetent in PR operations, often caught sensationalizing and making bold statements that they cannot back up. This could be one of those cases for sure, I'm not familiar with these particular situations on the ground referenced by them as I haven't really been following developments since the initial DEZ thrust.

However, the al-Raqqa story has been confirmed as many have already stated, even in the West so to speak (BBC: Raqqa's Dirty Secret), and it remains sort of an open secret that the U.S. from the get go didn't mind ISIS very much and preferred to just watch them grow from the sidelines, in the hopes of them helping the effort to destabilize Assad. The following gem is bombshell stuff really, but it's been suppressed* or something because hardly anyone mentions it for some reason:

Originally posted by U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, September 22nd 2016
                  The reason Russia came in is because ISIL was getting stronger, Daesh was threatening with the possibility of going to Damascus and so forth. And that's why Russia came in, because they didn't want a Daesh government, and they supported Assad, and we know, that, this was growing, we were watching. We saw that Daesh was growing in strength and we thought Assad was threatened. We thought however that we could probably manage that, you know, that Assad might then negotiate, but instead of negotiating he got Putin to support him. It's truly complic... Well, you know how complicated it is.
                  (these particular remarks by Kerry are extra funny when considering what Ash Carter said)

*While the NYT, CNN et al did mention this episode of Kerry's, they chose not to mention the above passage at all even though it's the by far most interesting thing therein. Well, together with Kerry openly admitting that the U.S. has no legal mandate in Syria, and that they don't care about Hezbollah as they're only Israel's headache and don't care about the U.S. (and these bombshell things weren't mentioned either in U.S. mainstream reporting on the very same audio leak.)

Comment

• Southern Front is also calling out the MOD:

Russian Defense Ministry Released Fake Photos As Evidence Of US Coordination With ISIS
                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mY7HahyKPyM

Syria War Report – November 13, 2017: ISIS Conducts Suicide Attempt To Seize Back Al-Bukamal
                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b-rezbzPIuA

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred333 View Post
                      I couldn't care less, the more Sunni supremacist jihadi trash they take out, the better, and the ruskies deliver on that count. Having to swallow bad propaganda is like suffering briefly from a small single cloud on an otherwise perfectly sunny day.
                      so spreading complete lying bullshit is acceptable ? Especially bullshit that is evidence of collusion ? That's a serious claim that needs serious "facts "

They could have at least done better and used Arma3 or DCS. A mobile game is pretty sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by HisRoyalHighness View Post
                        Southern Front is also calling out the MOD:

Russian Defense Ministry Released Fake Photos As Evidence Of US Coordination With ISIS
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mY7HahyKPyM

But but but watabout CNN, BBC and the rest of ebil Western MSM? I bet this innocent Russian mistake was actually CIA sabotage. Thank god we have "South Front" to guide us towards this conclusion, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kilgor View Post

so spreading complete lying bullshit is acceptable ? Especially bullshit that is evidence of collusion ? That's a serious claim that needs serious "facts "

They could have at least done better and used Arma3 or DCS. A mobile game is pretty sad.
                          You're right, it shouldn't be acceptable. It's just getting harder and harder to care after years of following this conflict and seeing all the lying and spinning and narrative creating by various involved governments, ncos, thinktanks, media. I'm getting numb, indifferent.

Comment

• Originally posted by nemipuka View Post

But but but watabout CNN, BBC and the rest of ebil Western MSM? I bet this innocent Russian mistake was actually CIA sabotage. Thank god we have "South Front" to guide us towards this conclusion, right?
                            Wow, you get butthurt even when a biased Russian source calls out the Ministry of Defence.

Comment

• Originally posted by kalerab View Post

It was so secret that all news had that story a month ago.

Though its bit funny. When Raqqa was being JDAMed to oblivion, BBC was saying how awful that is. When tribal leaders striked a deal (btw how do you think ISIS got out of Bab) so battle ends, irs aweful too.

Personally Id preffer if SDF did what Iraqis did in Mosul - kill them until the last, but its hard to notice how BBC shifted the focus.
                              How ISIS evacuated Al Bab is very different from how ISIS was allowed to leave Raqqa.

Comment

• Guys, guys, guys....you just can't comprehend the unparalleled genius that is the RuMoD PR department . Instead of posting some boring and truthful fact that gets inevitably buried in the noise and ignored, the best PR strategy to attain wide-spread dissemination of a certain narrative is to release an obvious and entertaining f**k up that will get both supporters and detractors engaged, and immediately follow that up with the "bombshell" that the narrative might actually true: http://www.bbc.com/news/resources/id...s_dirty_secret

Comment

Working...
                                X