Syrian War

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OrangeWolf View Post
    Shammar tribal leader Himedi Deham meeting with with YPG representatives, including the woman who I see in YPG vids a lot (01:04 but I have no idea who she is kalerab ?). The Shammar tribe's fighters are reinforcing the front against ISIS. I suppose these are the the type of guys the SDF hopes will close in on Raqqa.
    She is supreme commander of Raqqa operation.

Comment

• Originally posted by kalerab View Post

She is supreme commander of Raqqa operation.
      So a woman is going to lead the liberation of Raqqa, if she's successful it will be a major morale and ideological blow to IS.

Comment

• Yep. She is native of Raqqa city, too.

New map about situation in Raqqa province

http://mediafire.com/convkey/506d/a3co87h69fpxgdhzg.jpg

Comment

• Truly a great read. Interview with Joshua Landis:

America's Failure — and Russia and Iran's Success — in Syria's Cataclysmic Civil War

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/cafe/am...-in-syrias-war

Comment

• Originally posted by Surenas View Post
            Truly a great read. Interview with Joshua Landis:

America's Failure — and Russia and Iran's Success — in Syria's Cataclysmic Civil War

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/cafe/am...-in-syrias-war

I start being afraid of USA. So they act out of ignorance? They are too big for this though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tatsiana View Post

I start being afraid of USA. So they act out of ignorance? They are too big for this though.
              Being too big is part of the problem. For a majority of politicians in DC what happens outside the borders of the US is of virtually no interest other than an opportunity to use the sound bites that the staff provide and as possible holiday and official jaunt destinations. They have much more important things on their mind than what is happening, or happened, in the backward shitholes of the world, like smoothing the way to get re-elected and keeping their sponsors happy for a start. Anyway, they have experts like the State Department/Pentagon/CIA to look after that stuff.

That is in part why, to the rest of us outside the US, many Americans seem so completely out of touch and make such a hash of almost anything they touch. The old sayings of 'we know what's best for you' and 'might is right' are spot on where much of the US's foreign policy is concerned.

So yes, its very sad but a large and seemingly increasing number of people in the World have good reason to fear the 'good old USA'. Just look at Syria.

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeWolf View Post
                ...including the woman who I see in YPG vids a lot (01:04 but I have no idea who she is kalerab ?).
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rojda_Felat

Comment

• Originally posted by JohninMK View Post
                  That is in part why, to the rest of us outside the US, many Americans seem so completely out of touch and make such a hash of almost anything they touch. The old sayings of 'we know what's best for you' and 'might is right' are spot on where much of the US's foreign policy is concerned.
                  I have high hopes that America won't be leading pointless interventions in the next four to eight years. I'm hoping that for the first time in a generation, the United States doesn't get itself into another war and pulls back from our current ones.

Time will tell.

Comment

• Who is responsible for the Syrian mess? I'm sure given the anti-US flavor in here that there must be a way to blame the Americans.

Comment

• SAA captured the town of Baseema in the WADI BARADA valley: http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=33...36.199436&z=15

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghostbluster View Post
                        Who is responsible for the Syrian mess? I'm sure given the anti-US flavor in here that there must be a way to blame the Americans.
                        1. Assad and his entourage and state apparatus for being oppressive douches that led to popular revolt
                        2. All the various anti-social elements, islamists, warlords and whatever that immediately hijacked said revolt
                        3. The totally unproportionate violence from the get go, by everyone involved
                        4. All foreign powers who intervened everywhere with money, weapons, intel, training and all of that junk, constantly prolonging the conflict way past its expiry date, making it bloodier etc

I mean, there's no single actor solely responsible. At least it's finally starting to get wrapped up now.

Comment

• Because there has been a lot of bullshit about the population of the Wadi Barada pocket, I decided to look in the pre-war census.
                          This is what I found:

NAHIYAH: AIN EL-FIJAH
                          AFRAH – 1029
                          AIN EL-FIJAH – 3806
                          DEIR MAQRAN – 4803
                          DEIR QANUN – 4213
                          KAFR EL-ZEIT – 4170
                          HUSEINIYAH – 1563

NAHIYAH: ZABADANI
                          SOUQ WADI BARADA – 3678
                          KAFR AL-AWAMID – 1588
                          BURGHULIYAH – 821

NAHIYAH: QUDSAYA
                          BASEEMA – 2812

TOTAL: 28.483

And we can assume that some civilians left the towns the last few years, so it's probably even lower.

Comment

• Originally posted by Outpost View Post
                            Because there has been a lot of bullshit about the population of the Wadi Barada pocket, I decided to look in the pre-war census.
                            This is what I found:

NAHIYAH: AIN EL-FIJAH
                            AFRAH – 1029
                            AIN EL-FIJAH – 3806
                            DEIR MAQRAN – 4803
                            DEIR QANUN – 4213
                            KAFR EL-ZEIT – 4170
                            HUSEINIYAH – 1563

NAHIYAH: ZABADANI
                            SOUQ WADI BARADA – 3678
                            KAFR AL-AWAMID – 1588
                            BURGHULIYAH – 821

NAHIYAH: QUDSAYA
                            BASEEMA – 2812

TOTAL: 28.483

And we can assume that some civilians left the towns the last few years, so it's probably even lower.
                            You forgott to put link to the source from which this information is taken

https://twitter.com/RiemeHofman/stat...11239508799490

Comment

• Originally posted by marat View Post

You forgott to put link to the source from which this information is taken

https://twitter.com/RiemeHofman/stat...11239508799490
                              That's my twitter account...

My post at this forum was at 18h20, while at twitter was at 18h25. (I needed to printscreen it and upload it as image).

Comment

• i thought so but wasnt sure offcourse

Comment

Working...
                                X