Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danish Armed Forces - Discussion, Photos and Videos

As the title says..

Probably the last thing I posted in the old site but I wanted to ask again as I'm sure many have already jumpshipped.

why doesn't Denmark have an air-mobile battalion or Marine type battalion? At least in comparison with the other Nordic nations. Who all seem to have battalion size units in those roles. Just something that was done away with when the Cold War ended?

Comment

Originally posted by QuaPatetOrbis View Post
      Probably the last thing I posted in the old site but I wanted to ask again as I'm sure many have already jumpshipped.

why doesn't Denmark have an air-mobile battalion or Marine type battalion? At least in comparison with the other Nordic nations. Who all seem to have battalion size units in those roles. Just something that was done away with when the Cold War ended?
      I've seen pictures of totally BAMF Danish Frogmen, maybe they fill that role?

Comment

The Danish Army's new APC will be the Piranha V. A minimum of 206 will be ordered.

I'm a happy driver

Link (In Danish): http://krigeren.dk/her-er-den-saa-danmarks-nye-pmv/

Article from the Army official page (also in Dansh): http://forsvaret.dk/HST/Nyt%20og%20P...skabsvogn.aspx

Last edited by Fisker; 30-04-2015, 06:59 AM.

Comment

If I was an infantry soldier, i would probably welcome this news.

Comment

Originally posted by QuaPatetOrbis View Post

I'm pretty sure your question was answered in the original thread.

Comment

I hoped for the CV90 (Armadillo), since it's tracked. But it will be interesting to see how it performs!

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                If I was an infantry soldier, i would probably welcome this news.
                Is there a chance that you'll keep some of the M113s for the mechanized units?

Comment

The replacement for out old M109 howitzers has been cancelled after the repairs/replacement of the EH101 that we lost in Afghanistan last year will run into nine figures DKK. http://krigeren.dk/breaking-indkoebe...em-annulleres/

Yes you read that right, one helicopter is wrecked, and it means that we stop looking for a new artillery replacement due to lack of money. Sometimes wonder who thinks up such a poor decision, man I dislike most politicians...

Comment

Originally posted by Kampen View Post
                    The replacement for out old M109 howitzers has been cancelled after the repairs/replacement of the EH101 that we lost in Afghanistan last year will run into nine figures DKK. http://krigeren.dk/breaking-indkoebe...em-annulleres/

Yes you read that right, one helicopter is wrecked, and it means that we stop looking for a new artillery replacement due to lack of money. Sometimes wonder who thinks up such a poor decision, man I dislike most politicians...
                    Nice of them to find an excuse, after half of parliament went ballistic when they found out that the Army prefers the Israeli Atmos as the new artillery system.

Comment

Originally posted by Laser Shark View Post

Is there a chance that you'll keep some of the M113s for the mechanized units?
                      Probably not, since they are, to put it mildly, worn out. They are 60 years old, after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Fisker View Post

Probably not, since they are, to put it mildly, worn out. They are 60 years old, after all.
                        There is still some life left in the platform IMO and there are even new variants in the works for Norway as we speak. A refurbishment is not going to be expensive either and that way you can keep them in service until you can afford Armadillos. That said, if the Piranah V can keep up with the Leos and CVs in the Danish environment, then I suppose there is no point in not replacing the M113 with it...?

Comment

How many APCs can danmark have, according to CFE ?

Comment

Originally posted by BoudiSVK View Post
                            How many APCs can danmark have, according to CFE ?
                            A lot more than we hope for..

Comment

Fisker.. Is our Piranha 3C al ready worn out ?

Comment

Working...
                              X