Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polish ariforce hid serious Mig-29 accident for 6 months

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Polish ariforce hid serious Mig-29 accident for 6 months

    Polish Mig-29 had a serious accident in April this year. During a high altitude flight there was most likely malfunction in life supprt system of the plane. Pilot has managed to land but fainted shortly after and was in serious state transported to a hospital. According to jurnalists he is still on sick leave.

    Information was provided to the media by annonymous source inside armed forces. Infromation about incidents in Polish Air Force is not disclosed to public but usualy information about incidents this serious is.

    http://wiadomosci.gazeta.pl/wiadomos...PBAQ5AWvojb7Jg

  • #2
    There is a follow up to article. It seem the cover up is blamed on issues related to in house modifiation on Polish Mig-29 and resulting death of one of our pilots. There was a leak to press recently that death was caused by experimental modification to ejection seats. As a result of instaling a part that had 3 times stronger structural integrity to orginal part it resulted in parachute not oppening and pilot death.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Asheren View Post
      There is a follow up to article. It seem the cover up is blamed on issues related to in house modifiation on Polish Mig-29 and resulting death of one of our pilots. There was a leak to press recently that death was caused by experimental modification to ejection seats. As a result of instaling a part that had 3 times stronger structural integrity to orginal part it resulted in parachute not oppening and pilot death.
      That was a sad event.

      I wonder what direction they will go to replace the Mig-29s and SU-22s?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Tymotka View Post

        That was a sad event.

        I wonder what direction they will go to replace the Mig-29s and SU-22s?

        Propably nothing will change with current goverment in power.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Tymotka View Post

          That was a sad event.

          I wonder what direction they will go to replace the Mig-29s and SU-22s?
          They could buy old F-16s that have been refurbished.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Alcaldemb View Post

            They could buy old F-16s that have been refurbished.
            I think they already rejected that idea.

            Comment


            • #7
              Poland has been buying fresh F-16's for some time, haven't they? Block 5x C birds. No second hands there.

              Anyway, messing with K-36 seats sounds stupid. It's one of the best 0-0 seats in the world as it is, and MacGyver-mods can only lead to trouble.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by moosefoot View Post
                Poland has been buying fresh F-16's for some time, haven't they? Block 5x C birds. No second hands there.

                Anyway, messing with K-36 seats sounds stupid. It's one of the best 0-0 seats in the world as it is, and MacGyver-mods can only lead to trouble.

                Isssue is since Russians don't want to sell parts or are not made anymore in some cases our guys are forced to procure parts in other ways including making them ourself. This leads to another problem is that facility conducting those overhauls, repairs and modification has been accused of malpractices by aviation commuity. If there is grain of truth in those accusation i have no idea.

                Yes we did but its expensive and our goverments are not that much fond of spending money on military. Current gov butchers programs left and right to keep money for political flagship projects. There is no way they will cough up money for new birds.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Asheren View Post


                  Isssue is since Russians don't want to sell parts or are not made anymore in some cases our guys are forced to procure parts in other ways including making them ourself. This leads to another problem is that facility conducting those overhauls, repairs and modification has been accused of malpractices by aviation commuity. If there is grain of truth in those accusation i have no idea.
                  Nope, its because Polish do want do "not authorized" overhaul and maintance by themselves, leaving RSK MiG out. Same problem was 2015 with Bulgarian MiGs.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Asheren View Post


                    Isssue is since Russians don't want to sell parts or are not made anymore in some cases our guys are forced to procure parts in other ways including making them ourself. This leads to another problem is that facility conducting those overhauls, repairs and modification has been accused of malpractices by aviation commuity. If there is grain of truth in those accusation i have no idea.

                    Yes we did but its expensive and our goverments are not that much fond of spending money on military. Current gov butchers programs left and right to keep money for political flagship projects. There is no way they will cough up money for new birds.
                    Never heard of Russia refusing to sell parts for Polish MiGs

                    Of course you have a habit of simply making stuff up.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by flamming_python View Post

                      Never heard of Russia refusing to sell parts for Polish MiGs

                      Of course you have a habit of simply making stuff up.
                      Yawn ofc we just made it up same way Bulgaria made up astronomical prices you demanded from them. This was already beaten to death few times I have no interest to repeat myself

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Paying 3.5 billions for 48 f-16s is an example of astronomical price.
                        At the end Bulgarians realized that it would be foolish and dangerous to continue overhauling in Poland and sticked back to RSK MiG.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Asheren View Post

                          Yawn ofc we just made it up same way Bulgaria made up astronomical prices you demanded from them. This was already beaten to death few times I have no interest to repeat myself
                          And do you have a source for this?

                          Suppose not. First I heard of it, 'beaten to death'.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by flamming_python View Post

                            And do you have a source for this?

                            Suppose not. First I heard of it, 'beaten to death'.
                            I don't have time to dig for something two decades old tho might do it just for my personal amusment after x mass madness is over.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Alcaldemb View Post

                              They could buy old F-16s that have been refurbished.
                              They already operate rather new F-16's. They might go for another batch of F-16's, but I wouldn't be surprised that if remaining commie era fighters will be replaced with F-35. Other contenders might be Gripen, Rafale and Eurofighter. US have advantage as more reliable strategic partner.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X