Polish ariforce hid serious Mig-29 accident for 6 months

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polish ariforce hid serious Mig-29 accident for 6 months

Polish Mig-29 had a serious accident in April this year. During a high altitude flight there was most likely malfunction in life supprt system of the plane. Pilot has managed to land but fainted shortly after and was in serious state transported to a hospital. According to jurnalists he is still on sick leave.

Information was provided to the media by annonymous source inside armed forces. Infromation about incidents in Polish Air Force is not disclosed to public but usualy information about incidents this serious is.

http://wiadomosci.gazeta.pl/wiadomos...PBAQ5AWvojb7Jg

There is a follow up to article. It seem the cover up is blamed on issues related to in house modifiation on Polish Mig-29 and resulting death of one of our pilots. There was a leak to press recently that death was caused by experimental modification to ejection seats. As a result of instaling a part that had 3 times stronger structural integrity to orginal part it resulted in parachute not oppening and pilot death.

Comment

Originally posted by Asheren View Post
      There is a follow up to article. It seem the cover up is blamed on issues related to in house modifiation on Polish Mig-29 and resulting death of one of our pilots. There was a leak to press recently that death was caused by experimental modification to ejection seats. As a result of instaling a part that had 3 times stronger structural integrity to orginal part it resulted in parachute not oppening and pilot death.
      That was a sad event.

I wonder what direction they will go to replace the Mig-29s and SU-22s?

Comment

Originally posted by Tymotka View Post

That was a sad event.

Propably nothing will change with current goverment in power.

Comment

Originally posted by Tymotka View Post

That was a sad event.

They could buy old F-16s that have been refurbished.

Comment

Originally posted by Alcaldemb View Post

I think they already rejected that idea.

Comment

Poland has been buying fresh F-16's for some time, haven't they? Block 5x C birds. No second hands there.

Anyway, messing with K-36 seats sounds stupid. It's one of the best 0-0 seats in the world as it is, and MacGyver-mods can only lead to trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by moosefoot View Post
                Poland has been buying fresh F-16's for some time, haven't they? Block 5x C birds. No second hands there.

Anyway, messing with K-36 seats sounds stupid. It's one of the best 0-0 seats in the world as it is, and MacGyver-mods can only lead to trouble.

Isssue is since Russians don't want to sell parts or are not made anymore in some cases our guys are forced to procure parts in other ways including making them ourself. This leads to another problem is that facility conducting those overhauls, repairs and modification has been accused of malpractices by aviation commuity. If there is grain of truth in those accusation i have no idea.

Yes we did but its expensive and our goverments are not that much fond of spending money on military. Current gov butchers programs left and right to keep money for political flagship projects. There is no way they will cough up money for new birds.

Comment

Isssue is since Russians don't want to sell parts or are not made anymore in some cases our guys are forced to procure parts in other ways including making them ourself. This leads to another problem is that facility conducting those overhauls, repairs and modification has been accused of malpractices by aviation commuity. If there is grain of truth in those accusation i have no idea.
                  Nope, its because Polish do want do "not authorized" overhaul and maintance by themselves, leaving RSK MiG out. Same problem was 2015 with Bulgarian MiGs.

Comment

Yes we did but its expensive and our goverments are not that much fond of spending money on military. Current gov butchers programs left and right to keep money for political flagship projects. There is no way they will cough up money for new birds.
                    Never heard of Russia refusing to sell parts for Polish MiGs

Of course you have a habit of simply making stuff up.

Comment

Originally posted by flamming_python View Post

Never heard of Russia refusing to sell parts for Polish MiGs

Of course you have a habit of simply making stuff up.
                      Yawn ofc we just made it up same way Bulgaria made up astronomical prices you demanded from them. This was already beaten to death few times I have no interest to repeat myself

Comment

Paying 3.5 billions for 48 f-16s is an example of astronomical price.
                        At the end Bulgarians realized that it would be foolish and dangerous to continue overhauling in Poland and sticked back to RSK MiG.

Comment

Yawn ofc we just made it up same way Bulgaria made up astronomical prices you demanded from them. This was already beaten to death few times I have no interest to repeat myself
                          And do you have a source for this?

Suppose not. First I heard of it, 'beaten to death'.

Comment

Originally posted by flamming_python View Post

And do you have a source for this?

Suppose not. First I heard of it, 'beaten to death'.
                            I don't have time to dig for something two decades old tho might do it just for my personal amusment after x mass madness is over.

Comment

Originally posted by Alcaldemb View Post

They already operate rather new F-16's. They might go for another batch of F-16's, but I wouldn't be surprised that if remaining commie era fighters will be replaced with F-35. Other contenders might be Gripen, Rafale and Eurofighter. US have advantage as more reliable strategic partner.

Comment

Working...
                              X