No announcement yet.

Russian Armed Forces

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video from the Fighterbomber Telegram channel.
    'It is not that easy to come across TU160 in the aerospace':

Comment

• Russia has reimported 30 WWII T34 tanks from Laos:

All of them are fully operational and in good conditions.

Comment

• RFERL, The Economist or Newsweek or whatever:
        "After Armata Debacle, Cash-Strapped Russia Forced to Import T-34 Tanks of WW2 Vintage"

or...

InformNapalm etc:
        "Maskirovka unleashed: Russia prepares for false flag - dozens of pieces of heavy armor observed in transit, painted with false markings"

Comment

• The fall of Kosmos 2430 missile early warning satellite (launced in 2007) near New Zeland:

PS. Incoming ICBM warheads looks very much the same:
          Last edited by vs1863; 10-01-2019, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by moosefoot View Post
            RFERL, The Economist or Newsweek or whatever:
            "After Armata Debacle, Cash-Strapped Russia Forced to Import T-34 Tanks of WW2 Vintage"

or...

InformNapalm etc:
            "Maskirovka unleashed: Russia prepares for false flag - dozens of pieces of heavy armor observed in transit, painted with false markings"
            Good job they are going into museums and public display then. Mind you in Ukraine anything like this that would work was pushed into action.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohninMK View Post

Good job they are going into museums and public display then. Mind you in Ukraine anything like this that would work was pushed into action.
              The rebels actually started a couple of T-34s as I recall, right off their pedestals. Don't know what came of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamming_python View Post

The rebels actually started a couple of T-34s as I recall, right off their pedestals. Don't know what came of them.
                One IS-3 which stood on a pedestal as a monument in Konstantinovka was reactivated by rebel mechanics sometime in May-June, 2014 and was actually used to mow down an ATO checkpoint in late June.

Afterwards, it was however captured by Ukrainian forces and shipped off on a flatbed to Kiev.

Dunno about any T-34s, but other vintage gear such as Mosins, PTRD/S and PPSh guns from museums or ancient storages were used by rebels early on.

An old T-34 from an outdoor exhibit in Hungary was famously hotwired and fueled-up by protesters in 2006 and roamed the streets of Budapest for a while though...

Seems like all you need is some fuel and engine lube and all these old Soviet vehicles that are found as exhibits or memorials in parks all over the former USSR and WP are good to go.
                Last edited by moosefoot; 10-01-2019, 10:45 PM.

Comment

RFERL, The Economist or Newsweek or whatever:

or...

InformNapalm etc:
                  Didn't take long. Business Insider as it happens.

"Russia buys WWII-era T-34s for propaganda boost as supposed NATO killer T-14 tank fails to launch"
                  https://www.businessinsider.com/puti...edium=referral

'effin NATO propaganda is a broken record

And I really don't get this whole angle of the T-14 supposedly being a failure.
                  Considering that last year it completed the stage of production and technical tests on limited duty in a battallion, and is now being rolled out to equip an entire division for operational and doctrinal testing, documentation and training of officers. That's about 130 tanks or so.
                  Once that's completed, and whatever further changes are required are made, they'll equip more divisions with the system.

Plus they keep on announcing new types of vehicles on the Armata platform and scheduled for production as well.

Comment

"Russia buys WWII-era T-34s for propaganda boost as supposed NATO killer T-14 tank fails to launch"

HAHAHA! They literally stole my headline! And I wrote that a bit tongue-in-cheek, but whaddya know... ROFL, I can't even.

Considering that last year it completed the stage of production and technical tests on limited duty in a battallion, and is now being rolled out to equip an entire division for operational and doctrinal testing, documentation and training of officers. That's about 130 tanks or so.
                    Once that's completed, and whatever further changes are required are made, they'll equip more divisions with the system.

Plus they keep on announcing new types of vehicles on the Armata platform and scheduled for production as well.
                    They placed a firm order for 132 pieces of T-14 and T-15 last summer, and less than two weeks ago they reported that the state trials were about to begin. So no, it's not a failure, it's progressing pretty much as expected. Just some minor delays and occasional pricing concerns, some hints of teething issues to be dealt with, minor kinks to be ironed out over the course of adoption... I mean, it's a radically new concept so that's absolutely no surprise.

The whole "omg failure" bit was basically fake news to begin with, based on some Borisov remark from last spring that was then wildly exaggerated. Borisov fundamentally changed his tune later (August) anyway, when the orders were placed. That went largely unreported, as expected.

Comment

HAHAHA! They literally stole my headline! And I wrote that a bit tongue-in-cheek, but whaddya know... ROFL, I can't even.
                      The problem for Business Insider is that this is an entirely alien way of getting stuff into production.

Making sure it works before volume production starts cuts off too many profit earning opportunities to be politically acceptable in the US.

Comment

• Russia is arming in alarming rate...…. Russia stronk..

http://tass.com/defense/1039199

Comment

The author, Alex lockie, is the chief clickbaiter there. Any article written by him should be immediately dismissed as baloney.

Comment

• T-34 for parade. What's the fuss?

Comment

• Rumors - it's first photo of russian heavy uav Okhotnik (Hunter)
                              https://pp.userapi.com/c844417/v8444...ta4AB2VScA.jpg

T-50-3 takes part in tests
                              https://russianplanes.net/id244219
                              https://russianplanes.net/id244022

wheels are the same , comprasion

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images...301b8b61be.png

Comment

• Some more photos of the Russian heavy UAV that is currently undergoing ground testing and is slated to begin flight testing later this year: https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3506178.html

From the looks of it, it will have an engine with thrust vectoring, which, honestly, seems like a strange choice for a heavy UAV.

Edit: Reminds me of X-47B in outward appearance.

Comment

Working...
                                X