Nazi war criminal Alois Brunner 'died in Damascus'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nazi war criminal Alois Brunner 'died in Damascus'

Nazi war criminal Alois Brunner - who was responsible for the deaths of an estimated 130,000 Jews - died in 2001 at the age of 89, locked up in a squalid Damascus basement, a French magazine reported Wednesday.
    Here : https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/ne...ed-in-damascus

I don't know where to put that info. Anyway. I hope God exists so that Hell exist too.

One of his guards said Brunner, who went by the name of Abu Hussein, "suffered and cried a lot in his final years, everyone heard him".

The man, identified only as Omar, said he "couldn't even wash".

All he had to eat were "army rations - awful stuff - and an egg or a potato. He had to chose one or the other."

Good

A number of Nazis collaborated with Arab states after the war.

Comment

holy smokes. that is amazing that this is now coming to light....hurray for the guy who is tracking down the information on where he was and how he died. I still am on the fence if Hitler himself got away from Berlin or not as well as Martin Bormann may have escaped (despite the DNA evidence found not long ago).

Glad this Brunner guy is dead and his last years he suffered in solitude.

Comment

Ideally, he'd have been captured, prosecuted and executed earlier, yet I find that this alternative to end lonely in Syria after hiding for decades was probably no fun either.

Comment

I dont understand the story here. Why was he being treated as a prisoner in Syria starting in the late 80s? Why would they need to lock him up and give him bad food? That sounds like punitive incarceration what would be the point of it,

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
            I dont understand the story here. Why was he being treated as a prisoner in Syria starting in the late 80s? Why would they need to lock him up and give him bad food?
            Same here! What would be the point? I think this is one of those stories reported in a way to make his victims think he suffered. I don't trust this story...

After all, Osama was not in a cave all the time people looked for him. Either these type of criminal are protected (and given some sort of amenities) or they are turned over to legal representatives. Why would you choose the middle ground (punish them in secret)?

Comment

Probably fell foul of the Assad Regime someway, became an embarrassment for the regime, hopefully its true and he is suffering in a very hot spot for eternity.

Comment

I dont understand the story here. Why was he being treated as a prisoner in Syria starting in the late 80s? Why would they need to lock him up and give him bad food? That sounds like punitive incarceration what would be the point of it,
                Valid question. However, I came to the same conclusion as CR. Either way, the world is a better place without Brunner.

Comment

I dont understand the story here. Why was he being treated as a prisoner in Syria starting in the late 80s? ...
                  I guess they are claiming this to calm e.g. Israel and its intelligence services, which send multiple parcel bombs, according to the source, and maybe tried even more. Maybe they kept him in cheap and simple conditions, but safe, as he helped them in the past and had no place to go.

Comment

Working...
                  X