No announcement yet.

New Zealand Defence Force

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What ever they get, hopefully it will have enough depth/numbers and reliability to maintain capability. General rule of thumb, If you are planning to use RNZAF Boeings or C130's, have a back up plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Te Zorro View Post
      China won't care about us buying off the Japanese.
      Agreed.

But I don't see Japanese senior leadership visiting NZ as often as Chinese senior leadership.

15 years ago NZ was dependent on Japanese hot money searching for yield. 15 years later it's Chinese money and internet backbone hardware

So there's soft power economic and cyber influence to at least keep in growing consideration.

Comment

• Originally posted by gafkiwi View Post
        What ever they get, hopefully it will have enough depth/numbers and reliability to maintain capability. General rule of thumb, If you are planning to use RNZAF Boeings or C130's, have a back up plan.
        P.A.C.E.(R.)

Primary

Alternate

Contingency

Emergency

RNZAF airframe delayed for a minimum of 2-3 days.

On a serious note, it sounds like our RNZAF capability on maintaining Hercs is pretty world class.

I wonder what the decision making process is regarding that particular human capital capability?

I wonder if switching to another airframe results in losing most of it, or is most of it highly transferable?

Comment

• Looks like the same as other NZDF tenders, Media or parties making comments prior to any actual decisions etc being made.
          http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...aircraft-order
          Kind of like the reports of other kit being selected before the trials took place, SCAR then 416 then Steyr A3 being selected for the Steyr replacement

Comment

Working...
          X