No announcement yet.

F-35 Joint Strike Fighter News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But not in Turkley it seems....the picture looks like being taken under the shades the USAF uses...

What about this?

Can't imagine they let them take it home ROFL maybe Erdogan can make a bit more big man talks and then hop eto get soem toys home. Laughable.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...efense-measure

Still in place? I would not trust Turkey any further.

Erdogan is inherently untrustworthy, and he should be punished like the child he is.

Giving such a desolate Nationstate, doing purges and political witch hunts, removing all the old Kemalist Geranrals, such a delicazt epice of equipment.

I don't know what they are thinking about Turkeys loyality.

Germany already gave some moneys to this ape so that his dream empire doesn't collapse and bring bad times to a lot of (un-deserving) Turks and avoiding collateral damage for Germany and the EU being big trade partners.

He is solidifying his dictatorial stance with every day passing. This is a whole different story than it ever was before.

I would say time for a hard wake up call.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/21/turk...-lockheed.html
    A really nasty fight'

But things could get dicey later down the road — in the next eight to 12 months, when the S-400 is set to be deployed in Turkey.
    "There could be some efforts to block funding or the transfer of those jets out of the U.S. and into Turkey," Stein said.
    "I would say we are looking at an eight-month timeline to get this resolved, otherwise we are going to come down to a really nasty fight over the transfer of the jets to Turkey."

"If you kick Turkey out of the F-35 program, you're basically saying that they can't be trusted with this fighter jet and that calls into question the NATO alliance."

Maybe Germany can take over Turkeys work share?

Pay me later for my idea or involve me in lobbying

Comment

• Originally posted by JohninMK View Post

Doesn't seem to worry Congress.

They worry about being compromised by a dishonest "ally".

Maybe worth to redistribute production et all.

Lockheed Martin is, most probably, the owner of all IP rights, drawings, specs etc. holder so they should have everything they need.

I also suppose Turkey not being involved in any top secret systems or structures, not enabling other partner nations to take over this workshare
      Last edited by picanha; 30-08-2018, 03:59 AM.

Comment

• The current situation is that the initial Turkish F-35s will be tested and pilots trained in the US. Once that is over, probably a couple of years, then something will have to change to allow those aircraft to leave the US. As I understand it with Congresses ruling, it is possible that the USAF will not strictly speaking be able to let the TuAF use their own aircraft in the US.

Comment

• picanha

i just had to fade all your emotions out to understand your post,.. so you´re saying germany should take turkeys position?

for what exactly,..? to bomb some syrian and iraqi adventurist positions in germany?

Comment

• Originally posted by JohninMK View Post
            The current situation is that the initial Turkish F-35s will be tested and pilots trained in the US. Once that is over, probably a couple of years, then something will have to change to allow those aircraft to leave the US. As I understand it with Congresses ruling, it is possible that the USAF will not strictly speaking be able to let the TuAF use their own aircraft in the US.

And of course two years was the estimate from Mattis, for the time needed to keep the F-35 production line open, after eliminating Turkey's participation in the program.

Comment

• Originally posted by heiliger_geist View Post
              picanha

i just had to fade all your emotions out to understand your post,.. so you´re saying germany should take turkeys position?

for what exactly,..? to bomb some syrian and iraqi adventurist positions in germany?
              It's just a thought. We need a delivery vehicle for our national security. First priority. If we can bomb some islamofascists or any other idiots meriting it too, all the better.

Germany needs a PA-200 replacement. If the new envisioned FCA will fill up this role too in 2030(?) is in the skies. All PA-200 users have the F-35 on order.

Jumping in now would relieve the US from it's problematic ally problem and give Germany the incentive to buy.

If the F-35 replaces the PA in the manned delivery role it can still be complemented by the FCA.

Maybe the whoke F-35 Programm can be redone to make up for These losses.

Technically it is no problem German companies can take over Turkeys shares with out any problems. Maybe price goes up but today manual labour is not really a facto as big as it was 20 years ago.

So just some thoughts. My emotional Reaktion is due to the prick Erdogan acting like an exploitative blackmailing idiot and smashing stuff with out need all day long.

Comment

• F-35 price falls below $90M for first time in new deal

https://www.defensenews.com/air/2018...r-in-new-deal/

According to the numbers, the Marine Corps can now buy 17 and get one free!

Comment

• First F-35 crashed in South Carolina. Pilot is OK.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/cutting-ed...ry?id=58152917

Comment

• F-35 upgrade plan awaiting approval from top Pentagon acquisition exec

https://www.defensenews.com/air/2018...uisition-exec/

The first Block 4 capabilities are set to be delivered in April, Winter said, but about 22 modifications will require the F-35 to undergo a set of computing system upgrades called Tech Refresh 3. Those “TR 3” modifications include a new integrated core processor, memory system and panoramic cockpit display.

Comment

• The F-35 is the largest and most expensive weapons programme of its type in the world.

Comment

• And some are already flying again. Routine business after a crash.

Comment

• Originally posted by downsizer View Post
                          And some are already flying again. Routine business after a crash.
                          Including F-35B test flying on the British carrier.

Comment

• FOLLOWING THE UNITED STATES, ISRAEL GROUNDS ALL F35 FIGHTER JETS

While Israel does not fly the models grounded by the United States - the A and B variants - “‎the commander of the IAF Maj.-Gen. Amikam Norkin has decided to take precautions and inspect all Adirs (F-35),” read a statement released by the IDF Spokesperson’s Unit.

https://www.jpost.com//Israel-News/F...er-jets-569214

Comment

Working...
                            X