Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polish Armed Forces

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Tantalwz88 View Post
    Polish MiG-29 crashed during night training exercise, pilot died.

    http://www.defenseworld.net/news/228...Aircraft_Crash
    CCTV footage

    Comment


    • Two down now...how many are currently airworthy, sixteen?

      Comment


      • Wasn't Bulgaria at one point looking to have their Mig-29s maintained/overhauled by Poland?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Tantalwz88 View Post
          Polish MiG-29 crashed during night training exercise, pilot died.

          http://www.defenseworld.net/news/228...Aircraft_Crash
          R.I.P, condolences to the family and friends.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Tymotka View Post
            Two down now...how many are currently airworthy, sixteen?

            Around half of all according to most recent sources. This is only case of MIG 29 incident resulting in death in history of Polish airforce.

            And the dear goverment is as expected buying the worse version of patriots, no 360 radar, no cheap missiles. Then maybe they will buy them later. They also starting to admit that money saved for modernization vanished somehow.

            https://www.polskieradio.pl/5/3/Arty...riorytetow-MON
            Last edited by Asheren; 11-07-2018, 03:06 AM.

            Comment


            • Lots of bad news....time is running out and these morons are wasting precious time and resources.

              Sounds like Homar has been put on hold indefinitely? That would be a partial antidote to Kaliningrad.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Tymotka View Post
                Lots of bad news....time is running out and these morons are wasting precious time and resources.

                Sounds like Homar has been put on hold indefinitely? That would be a partial antidote to Kaliningrad.
                Have you got any article about it?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Asheren View Post


                  Around half of all according to most recent sources. This is only case of MIG 29 incident resulting in death in history of Polish airforce.

                  And the dear goverment is as expected buying the worse version of patriots, no 360 radar, no cheap missiles. Then maybe they will buy them later. They also starting to admit that money saved for modernization vanished somehow.

                  https://www.polskieradio.pl/5/3/Arty...riorytetow-MON
                  That how it works when You decide to buy something that not exist at the moment but is still in development (i.e. IBCS, 360 radar and LCI).
                  It means that at first stage DoD decided only for ABM, ACM capabilities. But PAC-3MSE missile is dedicated only for point defence and without 360 radar can be defeted quickly by CM like Kalibr

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Guma View Post

                    That how it works when You decide to buy something that not exist at the moment but is still in development (i.e. IBCS, 360 radar and LCI).
                    It means that at first stage DoD decided only for ABM, ACM capabilities. But PAC-3MSE missile is dedicated only for point defence and without 360 radar can be defeted quickly by CM like Kalibr

                    I am more concerned by the fact that other programs are geting delayed and gov is starting to admit money vanished somehwere. We rly need those med evac and SAR choppers NOW.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Musashi2 View Post
                      Have you got any article about it?
                      https://breakingdefense.com/2018/04/...th-himars-buy/

                      This is all I have heard one way or the other. It really needs to be fast tracked.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Musashi View Post
                        Hopefully, the priorities will be changed and the latest equipment will be issued to professional soldiers rather than Sunday soldiers. Blaszczykowski is not very competent, but he isn't as stupid as Antonio Loco, at least.

                        Well it seem that Duckjugend is again top priority for goverment with plans to train additional 18.000 only this year.

                        Comment


                        • Well it looks like were buying HIIMARS, without offset and the rest.....

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Tantalwz88 View Post
                            Well it looks like were buying HIIMARS, without offset and the rest.....
                            Excellent news! Do you have a link?

                            Many Thanks

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Tymotka View Post

                              Excellent news! Do you have a link?

                              Many Thanks
                              https://www.defence24.pl/zmiana-proc...mars-komentarz

                              Comment


                              • Thank You.

                                I think it's the right decision to go ahead as quickly as possible. This system is an absolute necessity.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X