No announcement yet.

Australian Defence Force

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "when a Kopassus member discovered lessons being taught at the Special Forces base were demeaning to the Indonesian military".
    I wonder what specific offensive words were used:

Murderers?
    Rapists?
    Torturers?
    Thieves?
    Baby killers?
    Executioners?
    War criminals?
    Scorched Earthers?

I wonder which specific words are untrue?

Or are they true and only offensive to the Indonesians?

It must absolutely suck having to babysit those evil retards covering only the UNCLASSIFIED puppet show.

Comment

• I heard something on the radio today about West Papua being the cause of concern.

Comment

• http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-0...-papua/8162284

A diplomatic source familiar with the correspondence said the Defence chief's letter reassured the Indonesian military that the offensive material displayed in Perth did not reflect the view of Australia's Defence Force, and was an isolated incident.
        However it does reflect the views of probably 99.8% of those serving in the ADF.

Comment

• Originally posted by digrar View Post
          http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-0...-papua/8162284

However it does reflect the views of probably 99.8% of those serving in the ADF.

Sounds like a margin of error of plus 0.2%

Comment

• I see you've played knifey spooney before.

Comment

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-0...-papua/8162284

Can't trust the indos.

Oh wait..I said indos..that might be seen as offensive and I'll have caused a diplomatic incident.

** Warning Graphic **

Kopassus report on separatist's in West Papua - https://sydney.edu.au/arts/peace_con...eparatists.pdf

Anatomy of an Occupation - The Indonesian Military in West Papua - https://sydney.edu.au/arts/peace_con..._for_print.pdf

For those who want a read up.

Comment

• Honestly, I can't believe it took Indonesia this long to grow some balls and show their displeasure at Australia's attitude towards Indonesian territorial integrity. After all, Australia actively aided the Timorese independence movement to secede from Indonesia and then subsequently swindled the Timorese out of their oil reserves......and Indonesia is only NOW making a some noises on its territorial integrity?

Comment

• Indonesian territorial integrity, yeah right. After personally seeing first hand what they orchestrated in East Timor in 99 its about time people were more honest about them

Comment

• Originally posted by Aradan View Post
                    Honestly, I can't believe it took Indonesia this long to grow some balls and show their displeasure
                    Turns out it was just a quick flash of some scrote. They rolled over pretty quickly.

Comment

• It’s a huge change coming courtesy of an expansion to the Shoalwater Bay Military Training site, an already-significant area of countryside more than 100km northwest of Rockhampton.
                      Singapore’s Army wants to use it for training but they say it’s not big enough. An expansion will make it six times bigger than Singapore alone.
                      The Australian Government is on board thanks in no small part to the $2.25 billion sweetener promised by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong
                      - http://www.news.com.au/national/quee...49c8eee3c68369

Shoalwater Bay training area is going to expand, thanks to investment by Singapore.

Under the new military arrangements, Singapore will pay $2.25 billion to upgrade facilities at the Shoalwater Bay Training Area and Townsville Field Training Areas, for use by up to 14,000 troops for 18 weeks each year.
                      Singapore, which lacks its own space for military training, has long used Australian facilities and under existing arrangements can train up to 6000 troops for six weeks a year.
                      The new agreement on Singapore use of Australian bases will run for 25 years.
                      Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull said this new strategic partnership would generate its own construction boom in North Queensland, with local builders and engineers constructing roads, accommodation and infrastructure for the Singaporean Defence Forces.
                      Although Singapore is funding this work, it will remain Australian property and available for use by the Australian Defence Force. All construction will be conducted through Australian tendering procedures.
                      The Singapore military conducts extensive but low key training in Australia, on its own and in conjunction with the ADF and others.
                      Its jet pilots train at RAAF Pearce, Western Australian, and helicopter pilots at the Australian Army Aviation Centre at Oakey, Queensland.
                      - http://www.news.com.au/national/brea...97ea5b898e1031

Comment

• And the locals are filthy.

Comment

• They'll get resettlement packages/financial compensation, and in regards to this, would be nice to see the gov find them some similar farming land.

Comment

• This is about as retarded as it gets. The very fact a government can tell an entire region of farmers, essentially "bugger off, we own this land now", is beyond reprehensible. This will severely impact farming/grazing throughout the entire region and will more than likely cause job losses in related industries down the line, not too mention the future viability of farming in Central Queensland. This is prime agricultural land being taken forcibly, to satiate the requirements of another bloody country. It's absolute garbage. I hope the once off $2.25 billion is worth it to fuck over Australian citizens, screw over good land, and seriously impact farming in that region.

Apparently the politicians in Canberra have forgotten that we kind of need farming to survive, and this is people's lives and livelihoods they are destroying. I doubt you will find many people who think this is a good idea, and it plays right into the hands of the smaller parties who are growing more popular as disconnected major parties continue to do stupid shit like this.
                            Last edited by Ballistic; 13-01-2017, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CourageAboveAllValues View Post
                              They'll get resettlement packages/financial compensation, and in regards to this, would be nice to see the gov find them some similar farming land.
                              Most of these people have been on those properties for generations. The compensation packages will be inadequate. I'm unsure why Singapore feel the need to have a training area as big as their own country. Th rest of us can manage with places the size of SWBTA.

Comment

Most of these people have been on those properties for generations. The compensation packages will be inadequate. I'm unsure why Singapore feel the need to have a training area as big as their own country. Th rest of us can manage with places the size of SWBTA.
                                Singapore 2.0?? But a pretty shitty deal for those being forced from their lands.

Comment

Working...
                                X