Situation in Afghanistan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by breki View Post

Uhm, pretty sure that if some ANSF went rouge ie: insider attacks you could colour them RED

Shall I make a PowerPoint on the subject? I'm sure you'd love it.
    Nah dude, def green. it's all bollocks because it's just colours. You know what the politicians like to do, obfuscate the actual issue that is the ANA/ANP being infiltrated by dirty bastards who wish them and us harm. But green it is. That's how it has to be reported up the chain on any sitrep or casrep. I don't make the rules, just follow them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moose_Hates_You View Post

Nah dude, def green. it's all bollocks because it's just colours. You know what the politicians like to do, obfuscate the actual issue that is the ANA/ANP being infiltrated by dirty bastards who wish them and us harm. But green it is. That's how it has to be reported up the chain on any sitrep or casrep. I don't make the rules, just follow them.
      Are you fucking serious?

I suppose the next thing you will tell me is that no one is allowed to kill anyone over there anymore

Comment

Are you fucking serious?

I suppose the next thing you will tell me is that no one is allowed to kill anyone over there anymore
        I'm afraid so buddy. I think in part it was driven by initial reporting and that blue on blue cause political issues because people assumed that it was a fuck up, and we'd killed a western ally. It's all politics mate, and guess for ease.

We're not there on part two. Yet. But I'm sure courageous restraint may rear it's ugly head one day.

Comment

• Well then. My apologies to Mike1976

Turns out that I'm the shitcunt even though I'm the guy who went over there and killed Taliban and shook hands with Afghan soldiers I thought were friendly.

Comment

Well then. My apologies to Mike1976

Turns out that I'm the shitcunt even though I'm the guy who went over there and killed Taliban and shook hands with Afghan soldiers I thought were friendly.
            Yeah dude, it's hardly treating them as allies and equals when you stop referring to the m as 'blue'. Battlefield politics and expediency.

Comment

• I guess so. For the record, it is because my commanders referred to such incidents as blue on blue in 2007. We would occasionally get into shootouts with the ANP, mostly at night. cause they didn't have NVGs.

Also, for the record, if a guy is purposely trying to kill you, he is red. I don't care what the politicians say.

Comment

I guess so. For the record, it is because my commanders referred to such incidents as blue on blue in 2007. We would occasionally get into shootouts with the ANP, mostly at night. cause they didn't have NVGs.

Also, for the record, if a guy is purposely trying to kill you, he is red. I don't care what the politicians say.
                Agreed. But you know these things become the norm.

Comment

I guess so. For the record, it is because my commanders referred to such incidents as blue on blue in 2007. We would occasionally get into shootouts with the ANP, mostly at night. cause they didn't have NVGs.
                  Well in that case they are "blue" aren't they if they don't shoot at you on purpose?!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike1976 View Post

Well in that case they are "blue" aren't they if they don't shoot at you on purpose?!?
                    Yeah, but the green comes from friendly, but not completely kind of thinking. It's almost unheard of that blue deliberately attacks blue. It's just for ease and understanding. It gives all parties clear assignment so to prevent confusion. Apparently.

Comment

• Blue=friendly
                      Green=neutral
                      yellow=unknown
                      red=enemy

Comment

• Always green on blue during my time there.

Comment

• It's green on blue. But it would be blue on blue if e.g. an Afghan soldier/s accidentially kills NATO forces during a joint operation...
                          https://www.collinsdictionary.com/su.../green+on+blue

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                            But it would be blue on blue if e.g. an Afghan soldier/s accidentially kills NATO forces during a joint operation...
                            All ANSF operations in my AO (Kandahar) were joint while I was there. We had virtually no Afghan forces acting alone. They all had Operational Mentor Liaison Teams (OMLT) working with them.

Comment

• http://www.defensenews.com/articles/...-authorization
                              WASHINGTON — In a surprise move, the House Appropriations Committee approved bill language to end the 2001 authorization of the use of military force and any operations conducted under it.

As the panel deliberated 2018 defense spending legislation on Thursday, members voted by voice to adopt an amendment to sunset the AUMF eight months after Congress passes the spending bill. The committee later voted to send the bill to the House floor.

Comment

• http://www.militarytimes.com/article...opaganda-video

WASHINGTON — In a propaganda film posted to the Taliban's official website, a fighter can be seen carrying a FN SCAR 7.62mm rifle, a weapon commonly issued to U.S. special operators, such as Marine Raiders and Army Rangers.

The 70-minute video titled “Omari Army 5,” produced by Al Emarah Studio — a media branch of the Taliban— showcases seven Taliban training bases and military training exercises being carried out by the resurgent militant group.

The video also displays U.S. weapon systems and optics commonly carried by American soldiers and Marines.

Comment

Working...
                                X