No announcement yet.

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl will face court-martial for desertion, misbehavior charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl will face court-martial for desertion, misbehavior charges

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl has been recommended for trial by general court-martial, the Army announced Monday.
    The case was referred to court-martial by Gen. Robert Abrams, commanding general of Forces Command and the court-martial convening authority in the case.
    Read story here: http://www.armytimes.com/story/milit...arge/77300686/

About time this has happened. Anyone want to take bets on what the outcome is?

Life in prison maybe?

Comment

I'm betting he will be pardoned by President Obama...

Comment

The article says he has been recommended for court martial, so the trial will not take place "soon".

Plus I don't think that will be a quick trial, Obama will not be potus anymore at the time a verdict is reached.

Though if Hilary is elected he may probably get pardoned.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan le Fou View Post
          The article says he has been recommended for court martial, so the trial will not take place "soon".

Plus I don't think that will be a quick trial, Obama will not be potus anymore at the time a verdict is reached.

Though if Hilary is elected he may probably get pardoned.
          Very true on all accounts you have mentioned.

Comment

About frikken time, He's a new Robert Garwood

Comment

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/10/po...bourne-serial/

My my, what a fool! Even Jeremy Renner had to realise that only Matt Damon could be Jason Bourne.

Originally posted by Ivan le Fou View Post
              Life in prison maybe?
              For what, it'd cost America a lot of money. Let him walk free, the way I see it he'll have drunk himself dead by the age of 40. It's clear he's mentally unstable and five years in captivity won't have done that much good.

Comment

Originally posted by muck View Post
                http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/10/po...bourne-serial/

My my, what a fool! Even Jeremy Renner had to realise that only Matt Damon could be Jason Bourne.

For what, it'd cost America a lot of money. Let him walk free, the way I see it he'll have drunk himself dead by the age of 40. It's clear he's mentally unstable and five years in captivity won't have done that much good.
                We haven't hung anyone in a long time or used a firing squad... Would be much cheaper for America in the long run.

Comment

I'm guessing that it'll be pushed down to a special court martial, with an ultimate outcome of 1) an other than honorable or general discharge for the dickhead with no prison time and 2) an unexpectedly early retirement (via political pressure) for the officer who recommended that it go to a general court martial.
                  Last edited by JimHPTN; 14-12-2015, 02:55 PM. Reason: Forgot my discharge levels. It's been a long time since I had that class.

Comment

25+ he should get IMHO.

Comment

It wouldn't even waste taxpayers money on keeping that idiot in jail for 25+ years.

Comment

They should just bust him to E-1 and throw his ass out with a Dishonorable discharge. The dishonorable discharge will be enough to keep him from ever getting a regular job.

Comment

Where this fiasco is at now.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/03/17...ments-say.html

Investigators concluded Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl had a psychiatric disorder when he walked away from his Afghanistan post in 2009, according to documents made public late Wednesday.

A document from July 2015 shows that an Army Sanity Board Evaluation determined that Bergdahl suffered from schizotypal personality disorder when he left the post. A Mayo Clinic website says people with the disorder have trouble interpreting social cues and can develop significant distrust of others.

Comment

He should be executed just because the idiocy of what he did

Comment

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-case-emerges/

Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl told the senior investigating officer in his closely watched desertion case that he had mixed feelings about deliberately leaving his infantry platoon’s base in Afghanistan, but felt like he could not go back because he could be mistaken for a Taliban fighter, according to the newly released transcript of the interview in his Army investigation.

The transcript was published late Wednesday by Bergdahl’s lawyers on a website they have set up to release documents from the controversial soldier’s case. In an interview spanning two days last August, Bergdahl described to then-Maj. Gen. Kenneth Dahl his disillusionment with his Army leaders before he left his patrol base late June 30, 2009, and was subsequently captured by the Taliban. He left with plans to cause enough chaos that he would be able to speak to a general about problems he saw in his battalion when he arrived at a larger base 20 miles away, he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X