Let's see the Firearms!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by commanding View Post
    Nice looking shotgun, and your son too AND. Well done.
    This x2 from me.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post

This x2 from me.
      x3 as well. I almost brought a Vepr 12 a couple years ago when they first came into NZ so my Vepr .223 wasn't lonely.

Comment

• I really wish AK variants were allowed in Canada...those Veprs and Saigas would be nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lerch View Post
          I really wish AK variants were allowed in Canada...those Veprs and Saigas would be nice.
          I wish any variants were allowed here.

Well technically i can get a license to have a semi auto shotgun, but the paperwork nowdays is getting bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by t3ngu View Post

I wish any variants were allowed here.

Well technically i can get a license to have a semi auto shotgun, but the paperwork nowdays is getting bad.
            Yeah, when ever I think our processes are "balls aching" I just think about what you guys have to put up with and it puts it into perspective.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lerch View Post
              I really wish AK variants were allowed in Canada...those Veprs and Saigas would be nice.
              Nah you're not missing out on anything. Those AK's are rubbish.... (stir stir stir).

Comment

Nah you're not missing out on anything. Those AK's are rubbish.... (stir stir stir).
                They're good for Stir Stir Stirring the pot of problematic AR10's and M305's

Comment

• Everything has it's issues

I like how the M+M M10x is being advertised by some as a DMR in 7.62x39...
                  Last edited by Lerch; 11-01-2018, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• Off to my dad's farm tomorrow afternoon. He has told me that the following pests need shooting:

Pigs
                    Goats
                    Rabbits
                    Possums
                    Magpies
                    Mynahs
                    Quail
                    Rosellas
                    Pukeko

So should be quite busy. Actually I'll count myself as doing well if we get some Rabbits and Possums. Everything would just be a bonus.

Comment

Off to my dad's farm tomorrow afternoon. He has told me that the following pests need shooting:

Pigs
                      Goats
                      Rabbits
                      Possums
                      Magpies
                      Mynahs
                      Quail
                      Rosellas
                      Pukeko

So should be quite busy. Actually I'll count myself as doing well if we get some Rabbits and Possums. Everything would just be a bonus.
                      you guys have wild goats, or are they feral goats somehow? I didn't think goats were able to survive in the wild? Here at least they tend to either get eaten by some critter or die from something.

Comment

• Ferral goats would be the best description - same with the pigs for that matter. There's no predator like mountain lions/cougars/bears et. Al. to keep them under control so the only thing doing so is the desire for a nice curry.

Comment

• Yeah like kiwi mentioned, lack of natural predators in the food chain helps. Also the type and variety of food/plant life and the easy life found here means very few introduced species don't rapidly become established. Things like wallabies and possum have greater access to food than they did back in Aussy so very quickly became established after being introduced for "Sport and Game" and quickly became pests. Pretty much if it isn't an at risk native creature or a managed resource its fair game to shoot as much as you want. Our primary Army training area have wild horses population established (escaped or released) over the last 100 yrs. The population can get too big and also damage rare native plant life so our Dept of Conservation conduct culls as required to keep herd numbers under control. The old and or sick are culled and the rest are sold off cheap off or donated to horse type people.

Comment

• In US we have feral hogs, feral dog packs and feral cats who decimate native song birds. The wild dog packs will kill goats, sheep, calves, etc.
                            Feral hogs will kill native deer fawns by the dozen too, ruining hunting in an area for deer.

Comment

• If I see a young stag with potential I'll let it go. Won't get started on pest control in NZ but quite a few hunters get all kinds of contracts overseas to control pests. Its ok pay.

Comment

• Originally posted by primer View Post
                                If I see a young stag with potential I'll let it go. Won't get started on pest control in NZ but quite a few hunters get all kinds of contracts overseas to control pests. Its ok pay.
                                Here in US each state sets their own rules on hunting, so 50 sets of rules....even on feral hogs and pest animals....some rules very strict and expensive.
                                i.e. my residence is Texas but to hunt at land I own in Oklahoma i must buy an expensive out-of-state license for the specific species of animal (deer or black bear etc)

Comment

Working...
                                X