No announcement yet.

Let's see the Firearms!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The display. Accessibility isn't a big concern for me. I'm in no position anyway to be grabbing a 12-gague if I hear an Amazon courier dropping off a parcel late at night...

Also where are the pictures of yours?

Comment

• I think I posted pics in the private section…? Time flies.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post
        The display. Accessibility isn't a big concern for me. I'm in no position anyway to be grabbing a 12-gague if I hear an Amazon courier dropping off a parcel late at night...

?
        you making light of me TheKiwi?

Comment

• My son has loaded up 30 rounds of 11mm french ordinance revolver. Now we can take the Lefaucheux out and shoot it. We can only get 15 grains of black powder in the case behind a 160 grain projectile. Should see us between 450 and 600 fps. About the same as 44 Bulldog.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lerch View Post

Luckily the way the rules are written in Canada, it's either a safe, or a secured room. So locking knob and bar on the window and I'm set.
            Further to what Te Kiwi wrote for rules in NZ, If not in a safe it would need to be in a lockable rack (without its bolt if it can be removed and secured elsewhere) if its a standard firearm. Either way the safe or rack would need to be secured at a minimum to the studs in the wall. Restricted firearms at a minimum in a 6mm steel safe that is secured to the wall and floor.

Comment

• That's not too dissimilar to here, my restricted stuff just needs to be trigger locked but can still be out.

Meanwhile I snagged a vise from work...

Comment

• Originally posted by Lerch View Post
                That's not too dissimilar to here, my restricted stuff just needs to be trigger locked but can still be out.

Meanwhile I snagged a vise from work...

vices are difficult to mount eh? ...i had one mounted on a work bench years ago.
                Do you have that blank that goes in your vice jaws, and other end fits in an AR15 MAGAZIN WELL, that holds your ar15 steady whilst yo work on it?
                I forget the tech name for it. Mine is a hard rubber like material.

Comment

• Originally posted by commanding View Post

vices are difficult to mount eh? ...i had one mounted on a work bench years ago.
                  Do you have that blank that goes in your vice jaws, and other end fits in an AR15 MAGAZIN WELL, that holds your ar15 steady whilst yo work on it?
                  I forget the tech name for it. Mine is a hard rubber like material.
                  Mine wasn't too hard, just have it reinforced with a second sheet of ply underneath.

And I've gotta pick up a vise block of my own, I keep borrowing my buddies when I have stuff to build.

Comment

• Went to the range today to test out the new 10 round magazines I got for the M14. Results were... mixed. Te Zorro I found that putting a little bit of moly grease on the fore-end of the magazine meant that it was relatively easy to remove the spent mag - that cost me skin on 3 knuckles. But that the follower for the magazine was pretty rough and didn't do a very good job at feeding. There was a rough edge to the follower that I think is jamming on the magazine sides so when I got home I've filed that off and I've left the mags with a couple of rounds in them to let the spring get used to the tension levels.

Also put about 50 rounds of .223 downrange just to keep the meat memory alive.

Comment

• Polishing rough edges, greasing contact surfaces between the upper and stock, tightening up the barrel band with shims and unitizing...everthing helps to tighten up groups and smooth up operation.

One of these days I want to pick up a TiN coated piston and see if it does anything more make it nicer to clear.

Comment

• That's some good advice too. I think I'll give the mags a good lubing before I next go to the range for some more test firing.

Comment

• My daughter said yesterday "I want to shoot targets, we haven't done it in ages". So we shot targets. The Winchester 22 bulk pack i had looks like its a bit corroded, thats not the way to describe the ammo but it has a bit of muck on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by t3ngu View Post
                            My daughter said yesterday "I want to shoot targets, we haven't done it in ages". So we shot targets. The Winchester 22 bulk pack i had looks like its a bit corroded, thats not the way to describe the ammo but it has a bit of muck on it.
                            If it's the green stuff on the brass that should wipe right off.

Comment

• Originally posted by riderboy View Post

If it's the green stuff on the brass that should wipe right off.
                              yeah but I would be mindful of squibs as 22 ammo is not sealed as tight (IMO) as center fire ammo, and could have some powder get moist from the green-blue soft gunk on the brass case. sometimes the green stuff if called Verdigris.

Storing brass cased ammo, be sure to keep the storage dry and away from seawater moisture.

Comment

• Originally posted by commanding View Post

yeah but I would be mindful of squibs as 22 ammo is not sealed as tight (IMO) as center fire ammo, and could have some powder get moist from the green-blue soft gunk on the brass case. sometimes the green stuff if called Verdigris.

Storing brass cased ammo, be sure to keep the storage dry and away from seawater moisture.
                                Wonder where the word "squib" came from...

Comment

Working...
                                X