No announcement yet.

Let's see the Firearms!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished zeroing and got 1.5MOA with some Federal 180gr SP, now to get some match loads and tighten it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lerch View Post

Finished zeroing and got 1.5MOA with some Federal 180gr SP, now to get some match loads and tighten it up.
      Awesome!!....

Comment

• Damn that looks cold. I'd count myself very lucky to get 1.5 MOA with all the shivering I'd be doing under those circumstances.

Comment

Nothing impressive today. Just got it within a couple inches of target before retreating to my jeep for warmth...
          nice looking shooting bench too, and warmish looking clothing for a cold shoot. warm head and warm hands required to stay really top drawer. Well done.

the bolt handle is straight, right? does not interfere with the scope and rings etc? I always worry about that when mail ordering scope mounts and such....with turn down bolt handles, usually not as much worry as with straight out bolt handles.

Comment

• lerch now you need to get one of those neat cameras like Hood used to have that can take photos/ movies while he shoots. not sure what kind it was but Hood had one back at MPNET.

Comment

• Originally posted by commanding View Post
              the bolt handle is straight, right? does not interfere with the scope and rings etc? I always worry about that when mail ordering scope mounts and such....with turn down bolt handles, usually not as much worry as with straight out bolt handles.
              Yup, straight handle. Rotates just shy of coming in line with the scope rail so I feel if I'd even gone with low rings I wouldn't interfere (but I have medium rings on now). Thankfully Trijicon has all there optic dimensions online so I was able to guess where everything might fall.

Originally posted by commanding View Post
              lerch now you need to get one of those neat cameras like Hood used to have that can take photos/ movies while he shoots. not sure what kind it was but Hood had one back at MPNET.
              I've thought about getting a go-pro or similar for work and range videos, maybe after the holidays.

Comment

• A mate of mine is selling up and wants 4.2k (!) for his Norinco AK and a really nice bolt action (forget the make now), 7mm08, good scope, glass bedded, hardly any rounds through it (maybe 100). Would really like it like but it's basically 3k! I know he only paid about 1000-1100 for it. Shoots far better than I do.

Comment

Yup, straight handle. Rotates just shy of coming in line with the scope rail so I feel if I'd even gone with low rings I wouldn't interfere (but I have medium rings on now). Thankfully Trijicon has all there optic dimensions online so I was able to guess where everything might fall.

I've thought about getting a go-pro or similar for work and range videos, maybe after the holidays.
                  it may have been a go pro....not sure, but I know he posted videos or similar on mpnet back in the day. I would love to see "thru the scope" even still photos if anyone can manage it. I have taken thru the lens photos (still photos) on a double lens microscope I have and it worked out fine.....course there is no recoil on a microscope. but I just used a $100 "point and shoot" camera.

example of point and shoot thru microscope....
                  Last edited by commanding; 13-12-2017, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Te Zorro View Post
                    A mate of mine is selling up and wants 4.2k (!) for his Norinco AK and a really nice bolt action (forget the make now), 7mm08, good scope, glass bedded, hardly any rounds through it (maybe 100). Would really like it like but it's basically 3k! I know he only paid about 1000-1100 for it. Shoots far better than I do.
                    4.2k?!??!?! That must be one hell of a fine bolt action as I've never seen a NH-90 for more than about $1200.

Comment

• Yes I agree completely. I think he's lost his mind.

Comment

• I've seen a few people lately asking outrageous prices for piddly firearms that could be bought new for cheaper. The worst tends to be our local annual gunshow where tables of beaten and shot out No4 MkI's are going for $800 a pop...meanwhile I can pick up a No4 online with a shiny bore for $700.

Comment

• I've been productive over the past week...

I've been wanting to build a gun bench for a few years now. I've literally been using fold-out tables to work on and it's been on the drawing board to use 2x4 mounts anchored to the studs, and then build a frame and platform on that. Originally it would've been in the basement where I already had setup, but after my ex moved out that freed up a room she'd been using as an office...

There's still some work to be done on the bench, namely cleaning up the leading edge and getting some rubber matting, but it's together, painted, and I'm starting to move my tools upstairs.

Comment

• That is really nice. I wish I could keep my firearms like that, but the rules round here say that they've got to be secured in a safe.

Since I've already had my family Xmas party I've decided that I'll go to the range on the 25th and get rid of some surplus ammo.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post
                              That is really nice. I wish I could keep my firearms like that, but the rules round here say that they've got to be secured in a safe.

Since I've already had my family Xmas party I've decided that I'll go to the range on the 25th and get rid of some surplus ammo.
                              Luckily the way the rules are written in Canada, it's either a safe, or a secured room. So locking knob and bar on the window and I'm set.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post
                                That is really nice. I wish I could keep my firearms like that, but the rules round here say that they've got to be secured in a safe.
                                Your beef is with neat display or accessibility? I got myself a biometric lock for mine, for less than 60 Euros. One "beep" and the vault springs open.

Comment

Working...
                                X