No announcement yet.

Let's see the Firearms!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We had positive temperatures today so I ran away to the range and zeroed my Aimpoint MkIII on the M14.

Confirmatory nut shot when I got it on target at the 50m lane.

Comment

• Originally posted by riderboy View Post

Ah! Very cool. Apologies, yep, that is not the Galil upturned charging handle. Look twice, post once! Love the Galils, and I much preferred the Hadar style charging handle. In fact, I really preferred an AK charging handle and swapped out Yugo M-70 bolt carriers for the Galil bolt carriers, just never liked the upturned handles. Good luck with the build.

‚Äč

I liked it a lot although those were the days of iron sights (80's), and at the time had zero experience with the kalashnikov. Made sense eliminating the half motion of reaching over, and/or keeping the weapon upright through function drills.

Nice pics, and IIRC Galil or IMI innovated that much copied folding stock design.

Comment

• Originally posted by merkwurdig View Post

I liked it a lot although those were the days of iron sights (80's), and at the time had zero experience with the kalashnikov. Made sense eliminating the half motion of reaching over, and/or keeping the weapon upright through function drills.

Nice pics, and IIRC Galil or IMI innovated that much copied folding stock design.
        Yes and I think those who were really well trained with the Galil did prefer it. IWI went even further with the ACE and just place the charging handle on the left side of the receiver and I have to say once I kind of got used to it I really like it.

Comment

• So today we went to a mates farm to go hunting for Canadian Geese. As they are a pest species here there are no restrictions on how you can take them - on the wing or on the water. Shotgun or rifle. He'd complained that the farm was overrun with them so how many do you supposed we shot? Thats right, not a one. In fact I only saw a single goose flying away at a great distance. Net catch for the day: 1 Magpie with a shotgun and 3 Koi Carp with our Ruger 10/22's.

Comment

• I've never managed to get a Canadian. Those Paradise ducks are surprisingly good to eat. Breasts straight in the pan. Seared... Gorgeous.

Comment

• Got a letter from Weapons licensing. The Adler Lever Action Shotgun debacle appears over *touch wood*. We now get our shotguns transferred to category B, and if you have a 7 shot which is to be moved to category D (i.e. the license you will never get as a normal person), you will be grandfathered (at least in Queensland) as to retain it.

All in all, not a bad outcome considering i was expecting them to force us to hand them back due to the "nos" in our society.

Comment

• Originally posted by t3ngu View Post
                Got a letter from Weapons licensing. The Adler Lever Action Shotgun debacle appears over *touch wood*. We now get our shotguns transferred to category B, and if you have a 7 shot which is to be moved to category D (i.e. the license you will never get as a normal person), you will be grandfathered (at least in Queensland) as to retain it.

All in all, not a bad outcome considering i was expecting them to force us to hand them back due to the "nos" in our society.
                Swe-e-e-t. Love the Browning hump at the back of the receiver.

Comment

• Originally posted by merkwurdig View Post

Swe-e-e-t. Love the Browning hump at the back of the receiver.
                  Never noticed that before. It is indeed a hump.

I could have gone and got a Class C license, but hey, cheaper and easier to get the Adler!

Comment

• Got my carbine reassembled today. Had a snafu at the gun shop trying to get a new gas tube (they gave me an mid-length one on accident) but I got the right one today along with a Geiselle SSA trigger pack.

Expect more eye candy Monday when I pickup my mail

Last edited by Lerch; 06-12-2017, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by primer View Post
                      I've never managed to get a Canadian. Those Paradise ducks are surprisingly good to eat. Breasts straight in the pan. Seared... Gorgeous.
                      I managed to get a Canadian the first year I had my licence, damn thing nearly had its revenge when it plummeted out of the sky and hit the ground 2 feet away.

Comment

• As promised, though wind and snow came today so I've gotta postpone my plans till tomorrow, so this will have to do.

Savage 10FCP-SR with a Timney trigger, custom brake, Trijicon 5-20x50 with ARMS #22M rings, and Harris bipod.

Once I get it adjusted to myself and zeroed, I'll be picking up a cheek piece. Thinking about bolting in a kydex riser.

Tour money is fun!

Comment

• Wow, there is nothing I don't like about that!!!

OK, if I was being ultra picky I'd miss having a supressor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lerch View Post
                            As promised, though wind and snow came today so I've gotta postpone my plans till tomorrow, so this will have to do.

Savage 10FCP-SR with a Timney trigger, custom brake, Trijicon 5-20x50 with ARMS #22M rings, and Harris bipod.

Once I get it adjusted to myself and zeroed, I'll be picking up a cheek piece. Thinking about bolting in a kydex riser.

Tour money is fun!
                            Savage makes a fabulous bolt gun, I'd like to know how that sweet thang prints.
                            Last edited by digrar; 06-12-2017, 12:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lerch View Post
                              Got my carbine reassembled today. Had a snafu at the gun shop trying to get a new gas tube (they have me an mid-length one on accident) but I got the right one today along with a Geiselle SSA trigger pack.

Expect more eye candy Monday when I pickup my mail

The Geiselle SSA will spoil you big time!

Comment

• Originally posted by riderboy View Post

Savage makes a fabulous bolt gun, I'd like to know how that sweet thang prints.

Nothing impressive today. Just got it within a couple inches of target before retreating to my jeep for warmth...

Comment

Working...
                                X