Let's see the Firearms!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post
    I could get 1000 rounds of PPU or PMC .223 Soft Point for NZ$750 which is about equivalent to US$450 before tax.

Match grade stuff would be more like NZ$1300 / US$900 before tax for 1000 rounds.

Comment

• Suppressor ordered. Should be with me by the end of the week so I can start breaking in the rifle on Saturday or Sunday - depending upon weather. I've got a temporary scope I'll use until I decide on a long term solution.

Comment

...I could also get one in 6.5mm Creedmore, but that ammo is expensive as hell round here.
        I did some investigation into just why 6.5mm Creedmore is sooo damn expensive. It's all down to the manufacturing process. Each round has a unicorn horn core surrounded by a jacket of unobtainium. The bullets themselves are cast only by pure virgins on the 31st of February each year. Each grain of powder is weighed by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II in her spare time. A $3.00 per round commission (or 1%) is paid to the family of Robin Q. Creedmore who had nothing to do with the round at all, but there was a paperwork screw-up. The completed bullets are boxed by especially trained Saint Bernard dogs, before each individual box is dispatched to the storage warehouse (on the other side of the country) by Learjet - one box per jet to avoid the risk of loss.

Comment

I did some investigation into just why 6.5mm Creedmore is sooo damn expensive. It's all down to the manufacturing process. Each round has a unicorn horn core surrounded by a jacket of unobtainium. The bullets themselves are cast only by pure virgins on the 31st of February each year. Each grain of powder is weighed by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II in her spare time. A $3.00 per round commission (or 1%) is paid to the family of Robin Q. Creedmore who had nothing to do with the round at all, but there was a paperwork screw-up. The completed bullets are boxed by especially trained Saint Bernard dogs, before each individual box is dispatched to the storage warehouse (on the other side of the country) by Learjet - one box per jet to avoid the risk of loss.

the bullets themselves are cast only by pure virgins from new zealand.....

Comment

• Are you insinuating we don't have many?

Comment

• That looks like .223, not Unicorn/Unobtainium Magnum.

Fitted with temporary scope.

Comment

• Nice mate! looks great!

Comment

That looks like .223, not Unicorn/Unobtainium Magnum.

Fitted with temporary scope.
                  Very nice. Congratulations!

Comment

Suppressor ordered. Should be with me by the end of the week so I can start breaking in the rifle on Saturday or Sunday - depending upon weather. I've got a temporary scope I'll use until I decide on a long term solution.
                    Who did you go with for the suppressor?

Comment

• Waitaki Engineering. Have one of theirs already and it's been pretty good.

Comment

• Damm Kiwi's and being able to get suppressors, very jealous. Whats the twist on the RPR? have you figured what weight projectiles to go with? Something like that with good glass could throw some 80GR'ers nice and far.

Comment

• 1:7 twist. I've got some very nice Hornady VMAX ammo that I'll start off with. It's been a star performer on the AR15 - done sub MOA five-round groups with it.

I'll see if I can track down any heavier grain stuff too. From what I've seen that stuff is about $3 per round. Not exactly day at the range plinking ammo...

Comment

1:7 twist. I've got some very nice Hornady VMAX ammo that I'll start off with. It's been a star performer on the AR15 - done sub MOA five-round groups with it.

I'll see if I can track down any heavier grain stuff too. From what I've seen that stuff is about $3 per round. Not exactly day at the range plinking ammo...
                            Is the VMAX 55 gr? Sub MOA is hard to beat. Should shoot the heavier stuff even better with that twist rate, but my God, $3/round?

Comment

• I've got you on the 7.62 homie.

Comment

• Originally posted by riderboy View Post

Is the VMAX 55 gr? Sub MOA is hard to beat. Should shoot the heavier stuff even better with that twist rate, but my God, $3/round?
                                That's equivalent to US$1.80 per round if it helps. And yes the VMAX is 55 gr.

Comment

Working...
                                X