No announcement yet.

Let's see the Firearms!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old range picts from a year or two, havent taken out the lady for some proper range time in a while:

Posted them in MP.net... upgraded from those old crappy mags

Comment

• That is a lot of spent brass!!!

Comment

• 3 days in the government ammunitions factory. The Government's ammo is probably one of the most reliable ammunitions one can get. Random checks and if a box had a failure, the whole lot would be considered defective and recycled... those are the ones we used. "Recycled"

I always made fin of my friends who are all kitted up, but I sliced my thumb opening up one of the crates. And after 3 days of shooting up unlimited ammo, my thumb was in bad shape. So I now wear nomex gloves. It's also one of the best ways to evaluate my rifle that I assembled on my own. No stoppages, with water and mud.

Comment

• To the non Americans here (1. Cause you dont have access to them and 2. I dont care where my rifles come from). DO you have any experience with the Norinco AR? It is about the cheapest AR rifle here and just caught my attention.

FYI, the current beast I have and you see on the pict is a Frankengun using a Colt M-16 lower, LMT upper and a machine cut Elisco M-16 barrel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Junglejim View Post
            To the non Americans here (1. Cause you dont have access to them and 2. I dont care where my rifles come from). DO you have any experience with the Norinco AR? It is about the cheapest AR rifle here and just caught my attention.

FYI, the current beast I have and you see on the pict is a Frankengun using a Colt M-16 lower, LMT upper and a machine cut Elisco M-16 barrel.
            I had a Norinco CQA 10.5".

The rifle as a whole was perfectly fine, I even used mine for a 3-gun match. Cycles fine and everything. The only time I ran into issues was trying to remove parts like the barrel or FSB as they were ON THERE TIGHT.

Comment

• Nice Rifle! and thanks for the feedback. I might check it out today at the gunshop but as I just came from a 12 hour shift... I'll go to sleep first. Somehow Norinco build their guns like tanks. my 1911 took a lot of abuse.

Comment

• It definitely was a good rifle for the price, but there was a downside...it sucked me into the world of AR's...

Speaking of which, I got a deal on some Surefire goods recently and it arrived today 😁

Comment

• Yeah, well I grew up around AR's well mostly M-16s due to the insurgency in my city growing up in the 80's. Soldiers on standby let me play with their rifles or talked to me about it, thatys how I got into it.

Why is does your Ar have an airsoft barrel cover and what happened to Dog Company?

Comment

• Originally posted by Junglejim View Post
                    Why is does your Ar have an airsoft barrel cover and what happened to Dog Company?
                    Barrel condoms I grabbed from work, and D Coy is fine, that's my map from Edmonton.

Comment

• So we got our range day and my boss and co-worker brought their rifles to zero and have a good day out. They've got more along the lines of "traditional" firearms, so it was fun getting them behind the likes of my M14 and 590A1.

Comment

• Bought a Bushnell 2-7 x scope for my .22 so that it can have a permanent scope of it's own and mounted my red-dot on top. Will take it to range and Zero the scope for 100 meters and the red dot for 50. That should cover all my bunny-potting options (I hope).

Comment

• Jesus, you look like you're gearing up for war.

Comment

• I am. The war on Rabbitkind.

Or more realistically I was tired of swapping my main scope between the .22 and the AR and then having to re adjust it every time. The red dot works best on the .22 so that is where it will stay.

I hope this set up will work well - I'd love a chance to test it, but every time it's rained the past two months my dad's farm has flooded.

Comment

• Yeah swapping scopes is a pain and not something that should be done if you can help it. An ACOG would look cool on the AR, ha! If you could export them easily from the US that is.

Comment

• Good ol' ITAR, the thorn in my side when it comes to buying parts and fixing guns...

Comment

Working...
                                X